Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-20-2018, 07:04 PM

10,379 posts, read 10,917,022 times

Advertisements

Not yet. All my previous moves were for employment. But now we are retired, and politics are certainly part of the decision. Politics affects your living environment, crime, economy, taxes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2018, 07:05 PM

48,532 posts, read 34,851,331 times
No, we are pretty moderate. We did visit our choice of area to retire to, hung out in bars and such and talked to people about stuff, just to get a vibe. I don't want to move to an area with extreme views.

I classified the people I met as Hipster Good 'Ol Boys, and asked them if they found it offensive. They laughed and thought it pretty accurate. Very pro-gun, live and let live area. Likes hunting, could care less if you are gay or a minority. A place with a reasonable balance.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 11-20-2018, 07:31 PM

6,061 posts, read 2,010,801 times
I did move out of the city of Seattle about 20 years ago, because I saw the city going quickly downhill due to poor leadership. I guess you could say that was because of politics. It's gotten even worse since then. Complete lack of leadership from the mayors and city council.

A Jewish cemetery in Seattle had to post volunteer guards, ex-IDF, because druggies had taken over the grounds and were desecrating grave sites. A guy went on a rampage in a downtown Target store, and police said it was not an emergency.

Old 11-20-2018, 08:37 PM

8,555 posts, read 10,978,234 times
In answer to the op, Yes, I moved from being a democrat to being a republican years ago.

Smart move.

Bob.

Old 11-20-2018, 08:47 PM

17,308 posts, read 12,251,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by travis t View Post
I did move out of the city of Seattle about 20 years ago, because I saw the city going quickly downhill due to poor leadership. I guess you could say that was because of politics. It's gotten even worse since then. Complete lack of leadership from the mayors and city council.
How much more is your old house there worth now after the crazy boom if you rode it out?

Old 11-20-2018, 09:02 PM

6,061 posts, read 2,010,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notnamed View Post
How much more is your old house there worth now after the crazy boom if you rode it out?
I don't know, but it does not really matter because I just moved across the lake to the Eastside. I'm still in King County, and there has been a crazy boom throughout King County.

Regardless, it's worth it to me not to have to deal with all the petty crime and other problems that have overtaken Seattle.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies