Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-21-2018, 11:43 PM

18,739 posts, read 7,613,748 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
I may be mistaken, but I believe the DEA has reiterated a couple times that it will not change the schedule of MJ, despite all the states legalizing it.
To me, that was very strange, why would a govt agency such as the DEA be making comments like this? They are acting like THEY are the ones who ultimately decide whether its scheduled a certain way???
It may take a lawsuit or three, and the Courts lowering the boom on the DEA and telling them that neither they nor the rest of the Fed govt, have any constitutional authority to restrict or regulate marijuana.

And then the next lawsuit to hit the Courts will be one where somebody sues the Fed govt on grounds that the Fed govt has no constitutional authority to set a minimum wage.

And then another suit alleging that the Fed govt has no constitutional authority to run national retirement programs. And another for health care programs. And another for workplace-safety programs. etc. etc., and that all such programs must be run by "the states and the people" instead.

Because in fact the Fed govt has no constitutional authority to run ANY of them.

That's why I speculated that a bunch of druggies and pot heads might provide the driving force to tear down the entire house of cards called modern liberalism in this country.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-22-2018, 11:10 AM

23,856 posts, read 13,754,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
I may be mistaken, but I believe the DEA has reiterated a couple times that it will not change the schedule of MJ, despite all the states legalizing it.

To me, that was very strange, why would a govt agency such as the DEA be making comments like this? They are acting like THEY are the ones who ultimately decide whether its scheduled a certain way???

This was also extremely suspicious of them...what purpose would a Govt agency have to give their opinions in the first place...its not even their call to make...the fact that they even have an opinion on this is very suspicious, and points to collusion imo.

I really believe if some serious investigation was done, the DEA would be found to be in full collusion with the drug cartels, they are no better than the cartel hitmen who go out and kidnap and behead people!
Congress gave the DEA that authority decades ago. There’s no question at all that the DEA has the authority to keep marijuana on Schedule I if they wish, even in the face of scientific evidence that says it shouldn’t be.

Congress can simply remove marijuana from the DEA’s purview. After all, most of us think that it should be regulated the way tobacco and alcohol are regulated, and those are not regulated by the DEA.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies