Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-23-2018, 09:26 PM

1,808 posts, read 4,039,197 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
I thought the point to all of this ...
That is what you get for thinking. You do not appear very good at it.
Quote:
If none of this happens this whole thing will be for naught I would think.
Again, thinking is something you might want to avoid in the future.

Quote:
Seriously who cares if goes to prison for things he did years ago? Or any of the other cast of characters for assorted things that Trump may have not been privy too. A big percentage of indictments were Russian nationals that have long fled bad to Russia scot-free. This was all about Trump not anything else. At least that was what endless posts here and comments elsewhere said.

Seems like the bar for success for all of this has lowered substantially as reality sets in. I have no idea what will happen. I have no skin in the games as both parties are deplorable to me. Mueller has had a couple of surprises already and who knows what will follow. But its not looking good for the left at this point and I understand why they are hedging their bets.
Spoken like a true partisian hack who puts party before country. How easily you brush off many criminal acts, some of which were attempts of manipulating an election. Even if Trump is
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-23-2018, 09:27 PM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 29 days ago)

27,651 posts, read 16,138,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thriftylefty View Post
Trump will be deemed careless, inept and gullible at the very least, still enough IMO to give him trouble in a run for a second term.
He’s been “deemed” much worse for over 2 years running.

Old 11-23-2018, 09:27 PM

14,888 posts, read 10,037,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
Collusion by itself is not illegal, but it is most commonly a part of illegal activity. It's the illegal activity that would be prosecuted.

Your parroting pundits.

And that's fine, your misunderstanding will not affect anything.
I didn't misunderstand anything, you specifically said

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
I don't know if he will get indicted for collusion with Russia, but I am pretty confidant his poor business and accounting practices will do him in.
I simply pointed out that he couldn't be indicted for collusion because it's not illegal so now you claim that I'm the one who is misunderstood? Give me a break.

Old 11-23-2018, 09:29 PM

15,154 posts, read 11,626,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Threerun View Post
They can’t see their own rose colored glasses. Their morons.
hmm..

Quote:
Their morons.

hahahaha..."their"?

before you call someone else a moron, try not to make moronic errors..

Old 11-23-2018, 09:34 PM

1,808 posts, read 4,039,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
I thought the point to all of this ...
That is what you get for thinking. You do not appear very good at it.
Quote:
If none of this happens this whole thing will be for naught I would think.
Again, thinking is something you might want to avoid in the future.

Quote:
Seriously who cares if goes to prison for things he did years ago? Or any of the other cast of characters for assorted things that Trump may have not been privy too. A big percentage of indictments were Russian nationals that have long fled bad to Russia scot-free. This was all about Trump not anything else. At least that was what endless posts here and comments elsewhere said.

Seems like the bar for success for all of this has lowered substantially as reality sets in. I have no idea what will happen. I have no skin in the games as both parties are deplorable to me. Mueller has had a couple of surprises already and who knows what will follow. But its not looking good for the left at this point and I understand why they are hedging their bets.
Spoken like a true partisian hack who puts party before country. How easily you brush off many criminal acts, some of which were attempts to manipulate an election. Even if Trump is "completely cleared", which I think is nearly impossible, this investigation was a complete success. Simply by revealing what absolute trash Trump surrounded himself with. On purpose.

Old 11-23-2018, 09:36 PM

48,534 posts, read 34,863,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post

I simply pointed out that he couldn't be indicted for collusion because it's not illegal so now you claim that I'm the one who is misunderstood? Give me a break.
Collusion to throw an election would be criminal. It's not the "collusion" it is the "throwing an election."
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 11-23-2018, 09:38 PM

20,460 posts, read 26,334,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post

You might want to look up the synonyms for "collusion". One of them is "conspiracy" - which IS a crime.
So YEAH, "collusion" IS a crime - it's just not called that particular name.

https://www.thesaurus.com/browse/collusion

In fact:

"Bad News for Trump? Judge in Russia Case Says Collusion Could Be Enough for Criminal Charge

One rallying cry behind supporters of President Donald Trump when it comes to the Russia investigation is that even if there is evidence that the Trump campaign colluded with Russia, collusion itself is not a crime unless it was done through actions that were independently illegal. That means that if, for example, the Trump campaign was involved in the hacking of Democratic National Committee emails, that would be a problem because the hacking would be the illegal act. Merely talking to Russia or coordinating certain legal activities would not be a problem, the argument goes, because “collusion” itself is not illegal.

That last part may be true, but a recent opinion in case brought by Special Counsel Robert Mueller points out that there are situations where collusion in the form of even legal acts could still result in a criminal charge. Specifically, it’s the statute of Conspiracy to Defraud the United States...."

https://lawandcrime.com/high-profile...iminal-charge/

Ken

Last edited by LordBalfor; 11-23-2018 at 09:57 PM..

Old 11-23-2018, 09:40 PM

17,155 posts, read 12,965,617 times
Fascinating. OP's thread is a weird twist on the age-old "When did you stop beating your wife?" tactic of interrogation.

Old 11-23-2018, 09:40 PM

21,430 posts, read 7,459,324 times
How will you react when Trump is completely cleared by Mueller?

So, can we all agree that the Mueller investigation should proceed unhindered in any way?

Old 11-23-2018, 10:02 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,664,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brownbagg View Post
he wont be cleared, they will invent something to clear the table. cross a t or dot an I, misspelled word. they will find something, claim he lied because he could not remember a correct date thirty years ago. they will find something
Trump the martyr. That's a new twist.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies