Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-27-2018, 06:27 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,949,172 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Take your own advice...
Look at the poll I posted.

People's opinions are trending PRO LIFE. Not pro choice.

I know it's not what abortion champions want to acknowledge, but it is true. Deal with it.

Old 11-27-2018, 09:57 AM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 24 days ago)

29,560 posts, read 16,548,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
The Unaffordable care act didn't get passed until what 2010, then the roll out a few years later. Thats like 7 years before the Unaffordable Care Act could have had any impact. I think you are giving credit that isn't due.
I said Cant thank the ACA. not can. either you meant to quote the person I was responding to, or were reading so fact you werent paying attention.

Old 11-27-2018, 11:58 AM

37,107 posts, read 41,277,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post

I know it's not what abortion champions want to acknowledge, but it is true. Deal with it.
You might want to look at that poll a little more closely yourself.

The actual numbers were posted here by katzpaw:

http://www.city-data.com/forum/53725267-post16.html

For the last eight years the numbers are stable. Keep in mind that the margin of error is +/- 4%. That means differences of 4 percentage points are not significant.

Old 11-27-2018, 12:07 PM

25,826 posts, read 20,706,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Exploding birth rates, tell a different tale....
What "exploding birth rates?"

Old 11-27-2018, 12:17 PM

1,330 posts, read 699,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
No one said singing would----it's these young people who will change it. Hearts and minds will be changed.
Not going to happen, period. Roe vs Wade is never going to be touched. Those who want abortions are always going find a way to get them.

If you don't want an abortion, then don't get one. Pretty simple. Why some people think it's their right to determine what a woman does to her own body is beyond me.

Old 11-27-2018, 12:18 PM

25,826 posts, read 20,706,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomparent View Post
Coventry Carol is indeed beautiful. Not sure what it has to do with abortion, but it's a nice piece. Lots of singers have recorded it. I'm particularly fond of a performance by Sting.
It is indeed beautiful.
Annie Lennox has a gorgeous version as well, sung with The African Children's Choir.

Worth looking for on YouTube.

Old 11-27-2018, 12:31 PM

8,555 posts, read 10,981,308 times
Quote:
https://churchpop.com/2017/01/24/bre...iM6uLH1EWpzsLk

What a great group of young people. They are our future for sure.

"The group singing was Crusaders for Life, a pro-life teen group known for their positivity, prayer, and yellow clothing. Though it was started by people from St. John Cantius parish in Chicago, IL (a parish famous for its traditional architecture, music, and liturgy), the group now has chapters around the country."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5dCfD_GwZJc

https://www.lifeballoons.com/

First off, I couldn't understand one word they were singing, if you can call that singing.
Just sounded like a bunch of moaning and groaning.
As for "They are our future for sure", so are gang banger's, drive by shootings, prostitution, illegal drugs, pedophiles, tax evaders, illegal aliens.
The list is endless, and this small group you refer to as "our future"is but a fraction of what the future holds.

That is the stark reality.

Bob.

Old 11-27-2018, 12:31 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,129,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post

Whose opinions? Anti-choicer's? I will go with scientific stats and facts thank you very much. And you want me to search for some poll you cherry picked? Really? And btw...
Quote:
PRINCETON, N.J. -- Half of Americans consider themselves "pro-choice" on abortion, surpassing the 44% who identify as "pro-life." This is the first time since 2008 that the pro-choice position has had a statistically significant lead in Americans' abortion views.

https://news.gallup.com/poll/183434/...ven-years.aspx
Quote:
The majority of America is now pro-choice

As we approach the 44th anniversary of Roe v. Wade, the landmark Supreme Court ruling that legalized abortion nationwide, more Americans than ever before oppose overturning it — a clear rebuttal of President-elect Trump’s anti-Roe position.

https://thinkprogress.org/pro-choice...-d8963029ae45/
Deal with that fact.

Old 11-27-2018, 12:34 PM

41,964 posts, read 75,205,836 times
Quote:
Abortions are at their lowest level.
You'd best be thanking the increased affordability and accessibility of reliable birth control, then.

Quote:
These young people are changing hearts and minds.
I'm sure these are very nice people. But people dressed in yellow singing Christmas carols are not going to change anyone's mind about reproductive rights.

Quote:
Originally Posted by randomparent View Post
Coventry Carol is indeed beautiful. Not sure what it has to do with abortion
I'm kinda puzzled on that one as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
Do you think women who claim they are proudly pro-abortion and have had one tell their little keepers that mommy did away with their potential brothers and sisters?
My BFF, who had an abortion when she was 17 and is neither proud nor ashamed, told her daughter about it when her daughter was a teenager, and told her about the complications that followed. It helped the daughter understand that actions have consequences.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4dognight View Post
Most Christian groups I am aware of don't go out spouting about their good deeds. The press doesn't report the great works of Christians.
Most great works are not dependent upon one religion or another.

Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
Yes because those condoms are so expensive..
I thought everyone knew that condoms weren't the most reliable nor the most convenient form of birth control. Guess not.

Quote:
It is people in this age range that PP targets the most to get abortions. They do have crisis pregnancies at this age, that is why PP likes to get into grade schools to teach the young kids where to go to get abortions. Big business you know and lots of money in it.
You really have no idea of what Planned Parenthood does, or who it "targets", do you? Grade schools? OMFG.

Quote:
If STDs have been dropping that probably means abstinence is increasing. Condoms and other birth control does not stop STDs.
Honey, you need a good sex education counselor! Stop spreading disinformation.

Quote:
Information to learn from. Students for life if people don't know about them
Wut?

Old 11-27-2018, 05:49 PM

2,309 posts, read 902,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by illinoisphotographer View Post
Not going to happen, period. Roe vs Wade is never going to be touched. Those who want abortions are always going find a way to get them.

If you don't want an abortion, then don't get one. Pretty simple. Why some people think it's their right to determine what a woman does to her own body is beyond me.
Bevause if it was JUST her body then we wouldn't have much of an issue. The problem is she's aborting another human being. We can discuss whether not she has the right, but make no mistake, pro life advocates don't care what the woman does to her body.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies