Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-26-2018, 07:55 PM

20,460 posts, read 26,321,953 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by max210 View Post
Unemployment rate is so low the folks that lose their jobs will quickly find jobs.
Actually the Lordstown UE rate is apparently close to 6%. Not bad, but not great either.

Ken

Old 11-26-2018, 07:56 PM

13,561 posts, read 10,350,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
LOL Warren is a joke and we all know it.
How about a moderate, middle of the road democrat that is willing g to work with both sides? You know like JFK was, Bill Clinton was, a guy like James Webb.
Takes two to tango. I don't see McConnell as a paragon of bipartisanship.

Old 11-26-2018, 08:26 PM

3,202 posts, read 4,432,361 times
Ford is abandoning cars in the US market,soon the Mustang will be the only car they make/sell here.Chrysler is down to a couple car models,i'm not sure how long they will last.Trucks/Jeeps/vans are the only American vehicles selling.

I drive 100 miles each way every day to work.I can drive sometimes from West Virginia to Wash DC without seeing a single Chevy car.I sit in a sea of Japanese,Korean,German,Swedish and even 'gasp' English cars.I see more Jaguars than Chevy cars these days.

If Americans ever stop buying Trucks,Vans,Fullsize Suvs,and Jeeps all the US automakers will be of of business.I still see some Cadillacs and an occasional Buick but I expect in the near future Gm will follow Fords lead and just pretty much sell trucks and SUVs.

Old 11-26-2018, 08:44 PM

57,227 posts, read 26,178,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
What did he give GM.

Please be specific.

We know that Obama gave them 100s of millions. Did that bother you?
A reduction in the corporate tax rate.

Old 11-26-2018, 08:50 PM

17,616 posts, read 6,898,231 times
Seems like a reasonable response on GM's part to the Democrats retaking/stealing the House of Representatives. These maniacs in the Democrat Party are completely uninterested in continuing the economic accomplishments that have been achieved in Trump's first two years. Everyone knows it, including GM. The American people voted against economic prosperity by electing a Democrat majority to the House of Representatives. GM won't be the last company to factor that decision into their future business plans.

You can thank Democrats and the people who voted them into office for these layoffs.

Old 11-26-2018, 08:53 PM

32,060 posts, read 15,046,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
The Chevy Volt is 1st generation electric tech and has been superseded by better tech with longer ranges, even the later Chevy Bolt is getting behind the curve. But the major domestic & foreign manufacturers are all betting on electric.
My husband has been driving a Volt for years. He leases it because the batteries will just keep getting better. So why buy it. But he fills it with gas maybe twice a year. It's been wonderful. The Bolt is really ugly. But the future is electric cars.

Old 11-26-2018, 08:54 PM

19,743 posts, read 22,641,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
Seems like a reasonable response on GM's part to the Democrats retaking/stealing the House of Representatives. These maniacs in the Democrat Party are completely uninterested in continuing the economic accomplishments that have been achieved in Trump's first two years. Everyone knows it, including GM. The American people voted against economic prosperity by electing a Democrat majority to the House of Representatives. GM won't be the last company to factor that decision into their future business plans.

You can thank Democrats and the people who voted them into office for these layoffs.
**yawn** *smack-smack*

Another responder that doesn’t get the economic picture....

Old 11-26-2018, 08:54 PM

5,993 posts, read 3,732,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
I bet you patted yourself on the back when the hapless community agitator said he'd buy a Volt when he left office. Lied about that too.

Obama should have let the market deal with GM instead of bailing them out with 100s of millions of tax dollars, and even more wasted on broken "electric" payouts. They'd be much better off today if that had happened.

I think it's funny beyond words how you Trumplings just can't kick your Obama addiction. But then again it's all you have when it comes to diverting attention away from your failed leader.

Old 11-26-2018, 08:57 PM

8,411 posts, read 7,418,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahzzie View Post
I think it's funny beyond words how you Trumplings just can't kick your Obama addiction. But then again it's all you have when it comes to diverting attention away from your failed leader.
100%

Old 11-26-2018, 08:59 PM

9,437 posts, read 7,365,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by knowledgeiskey View Post
See what happens when Democraps get even a little bit of power? Companies start tanking, just like 2006-2010.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies