Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should the US move forward with chip implanting of humans?
Yes! And use it to revolutionize health and wellness. 4 3.70%
Yes, but forbid health agencies from accessing the data. 2 1.85%
Yes, but write a law (perhaps a constitutional amendent) making it strictly voluntary. 4 3.70%
No, no chips in Americans, period. 96 88.89%
other (please explain below). 2 1.85%
Voters: 108. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-27-2018, 10:11 PM

28,122 posts, read 12,603,511 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicano3000X View Post
That's where I draw the line..
Its coming to the US at some point, Id guess within the next 20-30 years...it will be voluntary at first and then it will be mandatory, they will use safety as the excuse, ability to know where all the kids are at all times, find missing elderly people, etc all the nice and sweet stuff...

They will not mention how police will use it to keep tabs on people, or how much of a jackpot this would be for advertisers and scammers!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2018, 12:31 AM

36,853 posts, read 17,368,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicano3000X View Post
That's where I draw the line..
Mistrust of government?

Could be hope for you yet.

Old 11-28-2018, 01:04 AM

11,904 posts, read 5,589,470 times
Hell no. I can't even begin to describe how much I hate this idea, or list the number of ways it could be abused.

Old 11-28-2018, 02:10 AM

16,236 posts, read 5,882,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
I wouldn’t even be for any of that. If a criminal pays his or her debt to society, there is no reason to remove their privacy for life.
Once a rapist always a rapist, that is especially true of pedophiles. There is a reason sexual offenders are required to register.
Their sexual appetites are every reason in the world to deny them privacy.

Old 11-28-2018, 04:04 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,603,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
Once a rapist always a rapist, that is especially true of pedophiles. There is a reason sexual offenders are required to register.
Thats a dangerous argument to make for such a thing...how is that any different from the old scarlet letters?

I also believe crimes should never be held against someone for life...not even for the type you referred to, it goes against one of main foundations of the US system of justice.

Old 11-28-2018, 05:14 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,870,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by travis t View Post
https://www.npr.org/2018/10/22/65880...der-their-skin

The forward-thinking, progressive Swedes are moving ahead at light speed in implanting of chips--in humans, not just in pets.

According to the link, Sweden is fast moving to a cashless society. Only one in four Swedes still use cash at least once per week. The chips make this easy.

There are some privacy concerns, to be sure.

To me, this represents not a threat, but a boon. As much as 75% of health care costs are behavior-related (smoking, drinking, obesity, etc). Health agencies can now monitor behavior.

Say you're 20 lbs. overweight. You have already purchased 2 chocolate bars today. Now you want to buy a third. 'Sale declined' comes up on the screen. It's no different than your credit card coming up 'declined' if you are over your credit limit. What do you think?
So get the nanny state to run our lives instead of treating us like adults. Have an entity make decisions for us even though no ones rights have been violated. But it's for our own good. Just like jim Crow. How'd that work out?

Old 11-28-2018, 06:12 AM

13,898 posts, read 6,446,965 times
It's amazing how the younger generation is selling out privacy and they have no concerns. True freaking zombies.

Old 11-28-2018, 06:20 AM
Status: "“If a thing loves, it is infinite.”" (set 4 days ago)

27,185 posts, read 13,469,799 times
I personally wouldn't wants some kind of tracking device implanted in me.

Perhaps for people with some serious medical conditions but you have to be very careful about embracing such 'Big Brother' type technology.

Last edited by Brave New World; 11-28-2018 at 07:45 AM..

Old 11-28-2018, 06:37 AM

11,904 posts, read 5,589,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
There are registered sex offenders who have done nothing more than pee in an alley after a night on the town or, at the age of 18, having sex (or being suspected of doing so) with a 16-year-old girlfriend or boyfriend. These people do not need to have their entire lives ruined. They are not predators.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Thats a dangerous argument to make for such a thing...how is that any different from the old scarlet letters?

I also believe crimes should never be held against someone for life...not even for the type you referred to, it goes against one of main foundations of the US system of justice.
It depends upon the crime, but if someone is really so dangerous that they must be tracked for life, perhaps they should still be in prison.

Old 11-28-2018, 06:44 AM

19,808 posts, read 9,367,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by travis t View Post
https://www.npr.org/2018/10/22/65880...der-their-skin

There are some privacy concerns, to be sure.

To me, this represents not a threat, but a boon. As much as 75% of health care costs are behavior-related (smoking, drinking, obesity, etc). Health agencies can now monitor behavior.

Say you're 20 lbs. overweight. You have already purchased 2 chocolate bars today. Now you want to buy a third. 'Sale declined' comes up on the screen. It's no different than your credit card coming up 'declined' if you are over your credit limit. What do you think?
Bad idea . . . VERY bad idea.

We have too much Big Brother in our lives now. We don't need any more of it.

And what if you receive a defective chip?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies