Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-28-2018, 07:00 PM

15,507 posts, read 6,450,305 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by madison999 View Post
Winter fall is much smarter than Shapiro.

True story bro
Of course I am, as is 99% of CD.

Shapiro thinks global warming means people need to sell there beach front property and move inland.

Can you imagine what a monumental stupid statement that is?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2018, 07:01 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,251,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterfall8324 View Post
Seriously, it’s pathetic that people see him as an intellectual.

Besides the fact he is pro-genocide, he also makes arguments without any thought like his one on climate change:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.gq....change-lol/amp

Even in this article it fails to mention the affects on agriculture and vegetation rising sea levels would have, but quick talking frauds like Shapiro trick simple minded people.
A Jew who is pro genocide? My head just exploded. Liberal logic fails me.

Old 11-28-2018, 07:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
A Jew who is pro genocide? My head just exploded. Liberal logic fails me.
https://townhall.com/columnists/bens...y-word-n976781

Old 11-28-2018, 07:04 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,251,568 times
Quote:

Shapiro thinks global warming means people need to sell there beach front property and move inland.

So al-Gore is a monumental idiot as well. He said the same thing.

Old 11-28-2018, 07:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
So al-Gore is a monumental idiot as well. He said the same thing.
Link?

I just provided you one with my post above.

Old 11-28-2018, 07:26 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,400,671 times
He's your run-of-the-mill Red Team statist.

They're a dime a dozen.

Old 11-28-2018, 11:42 PM

7,300 posts, read 3,404,678 times
Quote:
Seriously, it’s pathetic that people see him as an intellectual.

Besides the fact he is pro-genocide, he also makes arguments without any thought like his one on climate change:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.gq....change-lol/amp

Even in this article it fails to mention the affects on agriculture and vegetation rising sea levels would have, but quick talking frauds like Shapiro trick simple minded people.
We will strongly disagree as to the reasons why, but I agree that Shapiro is a relatively well-spoken fraud.

I will state that you seem to think he's not an "intellectual" because you disagree with his views (without offering any point-counterpoint examples). While I would not disagree for differing reasons, that isn't a valid argument without expounding further.

Shapiro is a slightly re-mixed Neocon type, marginally adjusted for the Right of 2018.

He's in the same camp as other such frauds, one of them notably being Jordan Peterson. Or any of the National Review authors on any given day (and after a couple of years of kicking and screaming until plunging advertising revenues threatened them with nonexistence lest they become more nuanced in their Neoconning) .

Their overall goal is to advance traditional Neocon interests (born of the New York Intellectuals) of pro-Jewish ethnonationalism and war-hawk policies and pro-social liberalism for non-Jews (masked behind a lot of pseudo-political filler in regard to economic liberalism).

These new Neocons just dialed back the latter platform (social liberalism) a tad while still going full force on the former (pro-Jewish interests).

They clearly view their audience as being in a differing caste than they are in, as Hebrews, in seeing themselves as deserving of more political privilege than non-Jewish conservatives that they are attempting to reach. Often, the same behavior that they admonish non-Jews for (should they see their behavior as too illiberal) is allowed for Jews.

More or less, Shapiro is Bill Kristol with better social sense (starting from a baseline of -100, this was not difficult to accomplish) and a much less repulsive visage. Though, where Shapiro goes wrong is that he allows his co-hosts too much airtime. They aren't quite as sharp nor socially calibrated, and have on occasion let their distaste for their non-Jewish audience slip during rants.

Last edited by golgi1; 11-29-2018 at 12:09 AM..

Old 11-28-2018, 11:56 PM

Quote:

I dislike him, but you aren't. I'm probably not either. He just misuses and falls short of his potential in choosing to be a Neocon cutout who is trying to finesse the Right of 2018. He was entertainment for about a month. He has no novel ideas. He can structure and articulate arguments well, which is a sign of intelligence.

If you want to listen to what a smart sounds like, listen to any substantial Peter Thiel lecture (or better, listen to his Zero to One book for free on youtube). Or listen to the five part interview series on youtube by his Stanford mentor, Rene Girard (on mimesis; highly recommended). These are examples of modern smart men (RIP Girard). Shapiro is a well spoken parrot in comparison.

Last edited by golgi1; 11-29-2018 at 12:10 AM..

Old 11-29-2018, 12:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Absolom View Post
One thing Shapiro doesn't lack is intellect. He basically wipes the floor with people who choose to spar with him.
He has a high verbal IQ, a quick mind, and good articulation. None of that equates with intellect. Intellect is more about the ability to make novel associations (again, see Peter Thiel's material for a good example of that). An intellectual makes novel models of the world, and is generally able to complete incomplete models (solve problems) quickly. While I don't doubt that Shapiro has at least some of that ability, that isn't what his current platform highlights.

Old 11-29-2018, 01:34 AM

5,479 posts, read 2,127,073 times
Quote:

Yes...In fact, I'm appalled that you used there instead of their...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies