Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-06-2021, 09:36 PM

2,919 posts, read 3,189,346 times

Advertisements

Thanks to big tobacco domination with politicians in their pockets IMO, the govt banned vape juices and products from being delivered by USPS. More big brother control over citizens. Got to love these politicians. And now those who vape are going to have to pay double the price for vaping products at retail stores instead of getting them online for half the price. Vaping is now going to be expensive and too expensive to maintain for millions of people most likely who vape as an alternative to smoking cigarettes.

https://vaping360.com/vape-news/1076...-the-pact-act/

https://forum.e-liquid-recipes.com/t...support/251663

Last edited by folkguitarist555; 02-06-2021 at 09:56 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2021, 09:43 PM

3,811 posts, read 4,696,027 times
Well it's bad for the body so can't say I'm sorry. Considering it's only a matter of time until we have socialized medicine I'd rather certain things be done to ensure more Americans end up having better health. We should get rid of fast food too.

Old 02-06-2021, 09:47 PM

27,154 posts, read 15,330,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by folkguitarist555 View Post
Thanks to big tobacco domination with politicians in their pockets, the govt banned vape juices and products from being delivered by USPS. More big brother control over citizens. Got to love these politicians. I vape, And now I am going to have to pay double the price for vaping products at retail stores instead of getting them online for half the price. Vaping is now going to be expensive and too expensive to maintain for millions of people most likely who vape as an alternative to smoking cigarettes.

https://vaping360.com/vape-news/1076...-the-pact-act/

https://forum.e-liquid-recipes.com/t...support/251663

Have you seen the price of cigarettes and do you know why they are that astronomically high?

Hint, it's no the tobacco companies.

Old 02-06-2021, 10:16 PM

33,554 posts, read 37,155,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Statz2k10 View Post
Well it's bad for the body so can't say I'm sorry. Considering it's only a matter of time until we have socialized medicine I'd rather certain things be done to ensure more Americans end up having better health. We should get rid of fast food too.
Vaping is far healthier than tobacco...It's the tars in tobacco that damage the body, not the nicotine.

Old 02-06-2021, 10:52 PM

6,751 posts, read 3,371,581 times
Vaping helped me quit after many years of smoking. I don't think I could've quit without it. I agree it's just more of the government having control over your life. Most online vape stores offer free (or cheap) shipping via FedEx or UPS anyway so the USPS can stick it in their rears.

Old 02-06-2021, 11:49 PM

6,128 posts, read 3,355,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Statz2k10 View Post
If we are moving to socialized medicine, I want mandatory 1 hour daily exercise for everyone as a requirement to get health care.

I don’t want to pay for some idiot’s poor lifestyle.

And yes, they all need to stop eating Pizza and drinking soda and replace it with a kale salad and water.

I’m not joking, by the way.

To tie this all back to the thread topic, everyone should quit smoking and vaping and drinking alcohol excessively.

Old 02-07-2021, 12:48 AM

15,946 posts, read 12,295,551 times
Vaping is less bad for you than marijuana and the lefties love that. They really need to have some consistency in their beliefs but that will never happen because they base everything on "feewings" rather than science, common sense, or consistency. Fact is, vaping helps many smokers quit smoking. Of course the right are the same when it comes to drugs... they are fine with alcohol which is more harmful than marijuana but seem to have reefer madness.

Vaping is a mixture of vegetable glycerin which helps produce the smoke cloud and Propylene Glycol which carries the flavors and any nicotine that is added. All these ingredients are fairly harmless. The most harmful thing is some flavors use an ingredient that can give you "popcorn lung" and you should avoid those. (Diacetyl, a chemical used to give microwave popcorn its buttery flavor and aroma) ... not all vape mixtures even contain nicotine. This is a case of being scared at something because one doesn't understand it (like the right does with pot and the left does with guns)

Old 02-07-2021, 03:02 AM

1,941 posts, read 827,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WK91 View Post
If we are moving to socialized medicine, I want mandatory 1 hour daily exercise for everyone as a requirement to get health care.

I don’t want to pay for some idiot’s poor lifestyle.

And yes, they all need to stop eating Pizza and drinking soda and replace it with a kale salad and water.

I’m not joking, by the way.

To tie this all back to the thread topic, everyone should quit smoking and vaping and drinking alcohol excessively.
And this is how the American Stasi will be formed. Don't forget to snitch on your neighbor who doesn't spend an hour exercising every day. Take pictures to give to the authorities of them hitting the local McDonalds every other day, and getting that daily Big Gulp. Track their daily stops at the local Dunkin Donuts or Starbucks as well, that caffeine can't be good for them either. While your at it let them know they bought way too much beef and not enough quinoa. Jeez.

Old 02-07-2021, 05:46 AM

20,058 posts, read 20,872,330 times
I’m sick of the government running my life.
If I want to smoke, vape, drink, and eat McRibs all day that’s my decision.
Getting so sick of this nonsense. Don’t tell me what is best for me, I will decide.
I’d rather die young enjoying myself than live to 98 miserable, crapping my pants in a chair all day watching Maury. The government can go suck it.

Old 02-07-2021, 08:34 AM

15,154 posts, read 11,630,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotkarl View Post
I’m sick of the government running my life.
If I want to smoke, vape, drink, and eat McRibs all day that’s my decision.
Getting so sick of this nonsense. Don’t tell me what is best for me, I will decide.
I’d rather die young enjoying myself than live to 98 miserable, crapping my pants in a chair all day watching Maury. The government can go suck it.
Indeed.

I was a pack and a half a day smoker for 35 years. I quit thanks to vaping. Now, that is in jeopardy because of nosey beauracrats?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies