Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-03-2018, 08:46 PM

4,559 posts, read 1,437,602 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
Respect and courtesy shouldn't have to mean constantly walking on eggshells and self censoring your normal demeanor just to avoid a sexual harassment charge.

Whatever happened to letting men be men and women be women?

There's actually companies out there who's employee guidelines say that looking at a woman for more than three seconds is harassment.....

Who wants to deal with that kind of nonsense?
Keep your eyes on your work . Can't you? Normal demeanor to stare at women? How about a stalker charge .

Leveling the playing field for all those hard working gals who couldn't get promoted cause they wouldn't try to appear perpetually 21 years old for the stalker group.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2018, 08:49 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,615,406 times
What we learned in this thread:
  • People who behave as though they're 12 years old are actually much older.
  • It's still amusing and entertaining when the male ego needs to be fed with fantastical notions of women wanting them.
  • Balls must look like women.
Almost worth the derailment of the thread.

Old 12-03-2018, 08:50 PM

9,230 posts, read 16,548,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LGR_NYR View Post
Frankly, Women have no one to blame for this except themselves for allowing the ultra-man hating feminist lesbian to infiltrate their ranks and make seemingly harmless innuendos a capital offense of rape.
The ultra man-hating lesbian. What the actual phuk? What does one's sexual orientation have to do with anything?

Old 12-03-2018, 08:50 PM

30,253 posts, read 23,742,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by turkey-head View Post
So you're saying that women should remain silent about sexual harassment/abuse... for their own good?
No. What people are saying is that this "believeallwomen" thing is bs. Not all of them are telling the truth, and as with everything else in this country, everyone is entitled to their day in court to try to prove their innocence. But that is not what has happened since the stupid metoo movement that I actually thought was a good idea (naively) in the beginning. Didn't take long for the agenda to become clear, and I warned about that agenda a year ago.

If someone has been attacked, of course report it, but to instantly believe every single female just because she said something happened and instantly try to destroy someone elses life when that person has not had their day in court is why this backlash is happening now.

They, not Wall St., not the OP, made it harder for themselves, and since I'm female, I also get to suffer this backlash. Great job, morons.

Old 12-03-2018, 08:52 PM

15,088 posts, read 13,452,870 times
It's really not that hard. I have worked in major corporations for years, in Finance, actually. I don't grab or grope women; I don't comment on their appearance; I don't make sexual or sexist jokes; I don't hit on them (I'm also married), and I generally treat them as every bit the intellectual equal and value-adding potential as their male colleagues. This goes for female peers, women who report to me, and women I report to. Guess what? I've never had any problems.

I'm sure there's a small possibility that someone could make up a lie about me - sexual or otherwise - but I generally don't fear that to the point where I feel the need to segregate myself from half the population as if I were a member of the Taliban.

Old 12-04-2018, 12:41 AM

26,979 posts, read 15,892,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebeldor View Post
Women don't need male prostitutes. They can just hook up with a dude online or in the club and get him to buy her dinner or drinks.
Yes, because men are easier.

Old 12-04-2018, 01:32 AM

2,362 posts, read 778,305 times
Back in the day when sexual harassment was rampant and there was no accountability, all sorts of laws were passed to protect women.

Now, these laws are being exploited (who would have thought? ) and so we need to pass further legislation protecting men against false, malicious accusations. It's too easy these days to ruin careers and reputations, and it shouldn't be easy to do that.

Laws corrected an injustice back in the cigar filled corporate board rooms of the 60s, now let's correct a new injustice that has arisen.

Old 12-04-2018, 01:35 AM

2,362 posts, read 778,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
It's really not that hard. I have worked in major corporations for years, in Finance, actually. I don't grab or grope women; I don't comment on their appearance; I don't make sexual or sexist jokes; I don't hit on them (I'm also married), and I generally treat them as every bit the intellectual equal and value-adding potential as their male colleagues. This goes for female peers, women who report to me, and women I report to. Guess what? I've never had any problems.
If you're just another worker bee, just another paper pusher or cog in the wheel - you likely won't encounter this (if you're well behaved that is). But if you're in management, CEO, or someone with a leadership role, you best believe you will encounter accusations of some kind. Simply put, you're tasked with making decisions that negatively impact those below you. Some people who are negatively impacted then try to destroy you by all means necessary - when it's a woman, it could mean false accusations of sexual harassment.

Old 12-04-2018, 01:41 AM

10,767 posts, read 4,349,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by turkey-head View Post
So you're saying that women should remain silent about sexual harassment/abuse... for their own good?
I don't see how you got that from the OP.
This is about men protecting themselves.

Old 12-04-2018, 01:42 AM

10,767 posts, read 4,349,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aridon View Post
Don't try and pork the woman in your workplace. Makes things much less complicated. Regardless, she probably isn't as interested in you as you think she is. I'm sure that unsolicited dick pic will turn that all around
You also shouldn't talk to women in your workplace, and definitely never compliment them, just in case.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies