Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-08-2018, 01:14 PM

17,440 posts, read 9,268,656 times

Advertisements

What's surprising about this?

He thinks people should be able to graze livestock wherever they want and ignore borders, fees, and rules. And he apparently also thinks people should just be able to ignore national borders and live wherever they want and not follow the rules. Someone who never understood the idea of the tragedy of the commons.

The only people this is a surprise to are those on both the left and right who think everything is about race. In actuality, what he is is an extreme libertarian who rejects federal government authority across the board, which is really a form of anarchy.

Bundy is a lot closer to Anifa than to any so-called "militia group" - Antifa wears a mask, Bundy wears a cowboy hat. They both believe in a radical agenda and are firmly against Law & Order.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-08-2018, 01:20 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,363,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Sure, that may be closer to accurate but it still makes for the same argument.

LOL, despite my argument I do understand that. It can be argued that many Democrats support the Asylum seekers for the politics of that. My argument is less about the parties but rather the groups the parties use and exploit.
Well, the parties don't have principles. They only have power-seeking positions on issues.

I have no choice. 1. NAP. 2. Respect private property rights.

I must obey on every single issue that comes across my desk.

Old 12-08-2018, 01:23 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,199,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
Well, the parties don't have principles. They only have power-seeking positions on issues.
No disagreement there.

Quote:
I have no choice. 1. NAP. 2. Respect private property rights.

I must obey on every single issue that comes across my desk.
That's great, things would be far better if people were principled. I'll support someone with principles I disagree with before someone simply telling me what I want to hear.

Old 12-08-2018, 01:32 PM

8,750 posts, read 3,119,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
He thinks people should be able to graze livestock wherever they want and ignore borders, fees, and rules. And he apparently also thinks people should just be able to ignore national borders and live wherever they want and not follow the rules. Someone who never understood the idea of the tragedy of the commons.
The tragedy of the commons is a leftist invention--no such thing exists. The government has no right to own property.

Quote:
In actuality, what he is is an extreme libertarian who rejects federal government authority across the board, which is really a form of anarchy.
Which is the only correct viewpoint. States have no authority over individuals.

Quote:
Bundy is a lot closer to Anifa than to any so-called "militia group" - Antifa wears a mask, Bundy wears a cowboy hat. They both believe in a radical agenda and are firmly against Law & Order.
Complete BS.

Only a leftist would consider liberty a radical agenda. “Law and Order†is communism for so-called “conservatives.â€

Old 12-08-2018, 01:38 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,738,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
Well, that's an interesting development to say the least.

I wonder how his supporters on here will now feel.
Interesting indeed.

It actually seems a tad consistent with his beliefs all have the freedom to use as they please rationalized by " devine inspiration".

Old 12-08-2018, 01:57 PM

30,638 posts, read 18,227,675 times
Let me guess, he'll now become a darling of the left given that he's taken a position that runs counter to Trump

Old 12-08-2018, 02:00 PM

5,717 posts, read 3,146,486 times
What are they seeking asylum from?

Old 12-08-2018, 02:04 PM

8,750 posts, read 3,119,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
Let me guess, he'll now become a darling of the left given that he's taken a position that runs counter to Trump
Leftists don't like principled libertarians.

It's why Trump supporters don't like us.

Old 12-08-2018, 02:05 PM

62,959 posts, read 29,141,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by neko_mimi View Post

Good question. The only viable asylum claim is persecution in one's own country based on their religious and political beliefs or sexual orientation. Seeking economic opportunity or fleeing gangs and/or violence are not viable claims for asylum.

Old 12-08-2018, 02:07 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,199,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by neko_mimi View Post
Many are fleeing countries we have undermined and destroyed. I'm willing to compromise. We build the wall and bring every one of our soldiers and spooks home, while not funding terrorists groups.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies