Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-14-2018, 04:24 AM

34,232 posts, read 18,584,601 times

Advertisements

Why is it any of the U.S''s business when a foreigner gets killed in a sovereign, foreign nation? Where's all the people that complain about U.S. over reach, colonialism, and meddling? If the guy were an American citizen, we'd have a legitimate gripe. If the guy was killed in the U.S. we'd have a legitimate gripe. Neither of these are the case. Many foreigners die in foreign lands. Should we be worried about all of them too? Why are we worried about this individual, because he was a journalist? So what?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2018, 04:31 AM

4,019 posts, read 3,953,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
Why did Obama give mountains of stuff to Saudi to bomb Yemen? Why did Obama bomb Yemen - why did Obama bomb twice as many countries as Bush? Why did Obama pour $500,000,000.00 worth of weapons to Yemen that went missing and is feared that radical Islamists picked them up?

If people thought that they were voting for something different by voting for Trump they weren't.

St. Pete for Peace

https://www.antiwar.com/blog/2012/07...-war-in-yemen/

I agree, end the Obama-Trump madness and stop making mistakes in Yemen.

And Trumpy promised you he would be better than Obama. I guess he wasn't.

In other words, Trumpy played you for a sucker.

Old 12-14-2018, 05:33 AM

13,240 posts, read 4,927,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoOnMyMind View Post
This should be a bipartisan debate. Arguments can be made for both sides. I agree with the vote and think we should scale back our involvement in that mess of the world. Let’s put America first by passing an infrastructure bill instead of making billions from international arms deals.
A rational response. Too bad at this point the American people seem either unable or unwilling to listen to rational voices.

It'd much better for the American people to view the Trump administration, very much like Trump Org., for what it is, & put away the delusions of grandeur.

The Trump Family has, for decades, “always depended on the kindness of strangers" & their strange & foreign monies.

This entire 'drama' is like the opening scene in The Godfather:

“Someday, and that day may never come, I’ll call upon you to do a service for me.”

Decades later, & they're calling in their favors:

“Well, my friend — are you ready to do me this service?”

Folks really should be wondering, What comes next?

An opinion piece from Bloomberg:

Trump and Kushner Put Saudi's Money First

Jamal Khashoggi’s death has exposed the White House and two of its most powerful figures as naive, ill-informed and craven. What comes next?

https://www.bloomberg.com/opinion/ar...d-of-khashoggi

Let's move on already from this decades long corrupt family business.

Perhaps the Senate vote here is a good sign for a new direction away from the delusions of grandeur.

Old 12-14-2018, 06:04 AM

15,507 posts, read 6,434,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoOnMyMind View Post
This should be a bipartisan debate. Arguments can be made for both sides. I agree with the vote and think we should scale back our involvement in that mess of the world. Let’s put America first by passing an infrastructure bill instead of making billions from international arms deals.
No, genocide is not something that can be reasonably supported.

Anyone who does is going to Hell.

Old 12-14-2018, 06:06 AM

57,315 posts, read 26,217,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northman83 View Post
Iran is more western then almost ANY other ME nation...

The US, dislike Iran, because the Saudis tell them to dislike Iran.

Iran is moderate compared to the fundamentalist Saudis!
Israel and Saudi Arabia want us in the middle of this, they have their own military and can do as they please without us rather than promoting fear of Iran. Either way we don't need to be supporting a conflict where 85,000 children starve, there needs to be a cease fire.

Old 12-14-2018, 06:06 AM

68,330 posts, read 54,400,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
On the fence about this, Saudi for all their faults is preferable to Iran being the regional power. Clearly there needs to be consequences for their actions but reducing the military hardware we are selling them has other consequences not within US interests.

US interest should be the US.

Make it clear to the countries in the cesspool of the ME that if they fool with the US they will be vaporized and then let them solve their own damn problems.

BRAVO! to the Republican controlled Senate for beginning to show evidence of a backbone.

Old 12-14-2018, 06:12 AM

14,682 posts, read 14,652,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
Ditto^, "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" comes to mind. 1400 years of Shia slaughtering Sunnis and vs vs. with occasional breaks to kill and enslave Christians, Jews, Hindus, Sikhs, and any other goat farmer religian is what Islam is all about! Whats new
What are you talking about? It’s the Shia countries like Iran and Syria who allow Jews and Christians to live within their borders and even have a (small) seat in government. The Bible is illegal to bring into Saudi Arabia and a Muslim conversion to another religion is subject to death.

Old 12-14-2018, 06:17 AM

7,420 posts, read 2,710,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
Wow. A Republican Senate goes up against Trump. He's getting incoming from all sides.
Happy New Year Donnie.

https://apnews.com/84d8336d66d042049d7d413eacae9888

Senators have voted to recommend that the U.S. end its assistance to Saudi Arabia for the war in Yemen and put the blame for the death of journalist Jamal Khashoggi squarely on Saudi Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman. The votes are a direct challenge to both the longtime Middle East ally and President Donald Trump’s handling of the relationship.

Unfortunately the cowardly Ryan will prevent it from a House discussion. Still protecting Trump, and we remain as a country complicit in the starvation of Yemeni children by this man made humanitarian disaster. What a great America we are, a shameful embarrassment. We have become a nation centered around Trump, who has proven that his sole interest in being our leader is to enrich himself and his cronies and blow up all normalcy and institutions that have served us far longer than his pitiful life. And a weak spineless Congress who care only about making The Donald happy, while America falls lower and lower.

We are better than this.

Old 12-14-2018, 06:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by corpgypsy View Post
Unfortunately the cowardly Ryan will prevent it from a House discussion. Still protecting Trump, and we remain as a country complicit in the starvation of Yemeni children by this man made humanitarian disaster. What a great America we are, a shameful embarrassment. We have become a nation centered around Trump, who has proven that his sole interest in being our leader is to enrich himself and his cronies and blow up all normalcy and institutions that have served us far longer than his pitiful life. And a weak spineless Congress who care only about making The Donald happy, while America falls lower and lower.

We are better than this.
Agree (hope) we are better than this.

We gotta 'walk-it like we talk-it'.

Old 12-14-2018, 06:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterfall8324 View Post
No, genocide is not something that can be reasonably supported.

Anyone who does is going to Hell.
I think 'fire & brimstone's been tried already, it's a centuries long strategy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies