Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-15-2018, 12:57 PM

11,046 posts, read 5,271,700 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Joshua View Post
She's a kid from Nebraska, this is all new to her and she said something immature. So let's destroy her!

You people fu--ing suck!

That's pretty much any kid in the world. These are beauty pageants, not the best well-spoken politician. Even Obama who everybody views as smart and well educated said some immature things in the cameras.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2018, 01:19 PM

22,923 posts, read 15,493,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATX Wahine View Post
Of course I remember. And as a two-time Obama voter, I was just as disgusted by it then. If you care to survey my posts of that era, you can see for yourself just how frequently I took others to task for such crude behavior. I’ve done the same for Hillary Clinton as well. I can’t abide it.

I don’t expect you to come back and apologize for your completely off-base generalization, but please know that I’m every bit as unimpressed with your snark as always!

When I'm in error I can admit it. I assigned you to a cadre of "one sided" cubicle bots. I stand corrected if objectivity is indeed your position.

As to impressing you; not my motivation.

Old 12-15-2018, 01:21 PM

587 posts, read 423,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corvette Ministries View Post
Neither the title nor the OP said racist. It says race-related, which they are.

It was other posters who added racism to this thread.

Imagine that.
Indeed. She didn't cross the "racist" line that is why I didn't say "racist" but yes the remarks were "race-related"

You'd think she's be a little more careful with what she says nowadays in public...uh a FEW DAYS BEFORE the pageant

Old 12-15-2018, 01:31 PM

6,835 posts, read 2,400,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by krosser100 View Post
Indeed. She didn't cross the "racist" line that is why I didn't say "racist" but yes the remarks were "race-related"

You'd think she's be a little more careful with what she says nowadays in public...uh a FEW DAYS BEFORE the pageant
How is "race-related" comment in this context separate from a "racist" comment?

Old 12-15-2018, 01:31 PM

2,771 posts, read 2,303,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by krosser100 View Post

True. Today's youth have a lot to learn about what's proper and improper to post on Social Media in the current climate.

Old 12-15-2018, 01:35 PM

14,497 posts, read 9,433,651 times
It was insensitive, but not racist. This was NOT racist. Learn the difference.

Old 12-15-2018, 01:53 PM

39,228 posts, read 27,603,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion1999 View Post
they all gossip with each other and talk about other girls...it's a TEENAGE beauty pageant HELLOOOOO!!! they compete with each other. This just went viral.

In my experience teenage girls talk about other girls a lot more than teenage guys talk about other guys......it is what it is but nothing to ruin her life over with.
Oh absolutely.

Girls grow up eventually, no need to ruin people's life over it. Yikes!

Even if this is not a beauty pageant, girls feel like other girls are their invisible enemies lol Criticizing each other's hair, skin, boob size, you name it. If a boy found one girl to be more attractive ,that girl would be public enemy number one. sheesh.

I was in a pageant once, and all I can say is that I felt it was a test of my emotional strength. I remember one girl criticized my arms and I told her I could not imagine using concealer to hide the mole on her face every morning. I am ashamed to admit it now, but back then, image is everything to define a person. I am glad that I am no longer immature like that. What a liberation and this is what freedom feels like! lol

Old 12-15-2018, 01:54 PM

29,218 posts, read 22,371,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCardinals View Post
There is SO MUCH fake glitter and hidden and empty shallowness in these useless contests.
It was interesting to see 4 of the contestants wore no makeup at all in their pictures. Miss Argentina's photo looked more like a shapshot than a formal portrait.
She impressed me; I thought that girl was beautiful, and the rather plain quality of her photo actually showed off her natural beauty much better than if she had been all glammed-up. She had an air of confidence in it, too.

These contests are pretty useless, but the entire world still loves to see a pretty girl, and that won't ever change.

While I don't watch them, these international contests do give a lot of overlooked countries some recognition, and there's nothing wrong with that.

Miss USA's feelings of exceptionalism is nothing unusual. I think she was an idiot for saying what she did, but I don't think she was being racist, even though it came across that way to others.

Old 12-15-2018, 01:55 PM

2,083 posts, read 1,087,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
Come on yourself; if the Cambodian girl were caught in such a publicly displayed manner, in all likelihood her own country would have pulled her from the pageant in abject embarrassment.
No they wouldn’t as SJW’s wouldn’t have gone crazy trying to crucify this girl. This whole thing is blown out of proportion.

Old 12-15-2018, 05:17 PM

1,943 posts, read 3,338,981 times
Off subject but looks alone she's gonna lose.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies