Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What are Diamond & Silk?
Political activists 41 53.25%
Masterful con-artists 36 46.75%
Voters: 77. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-17-2018, 08:00 AM

15,154 posts, read 11,626,569 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Doll View Post
Whoa! They should start Diamond & Silk University to scam more cash from the gullible. I wonder who they could talk to about that...
Hmm..lets ask all the idiotic snowflake liberal dunces who are shelling out 80k for a stupid degree in "trans gendered studies" at Plantation U...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2018, 08:02 AM

3,458 posts, read 1,455,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
You realize at this point, you don't have an argument. It's not about me, it's not about the mythical "conservative boogyman". It's about Diamond & Silk who absolutely scare you guys so much, that you have to create a topic about them to call them con artists, which you have no way to defend with logical argument.

They have a youtube channel, where they exercise their First Amendment rights to support President Trump. But because they are Black women, who obviously won't follow the script laid out for them by the left, they are attacked as they are in this topic. Nothing more to it than that. They are not conning aanyone.
Exactly right! They have every right to be pro-gun, pro-god, and if they were white, this wouldn't be a thread. This is why they started a channel, to let people like them know it's alright to not fit the stereotype.

Old 12-17-2018, 08:06 AM

9,701 posts, read 5,113,905 times
Quote:
You realize at this point, you don't have an argument. It's not about me, it's not about the mythical "conservative boogyman". It's about Diamond & Silk who absolutely scare you guys so much, that you have to create a topic about them to call them con artists, which you have no way to defend with logical argument.

They have a youtube channel, where they exercise their First Amendment rights to support President Trump. But because they are Black women, who obviously won't follow the script laid out for them by the left, they are attacked as they are in this topic. Nothing more to it than that. They are not conning aanyone.
Lol... I specifically said they're not con artists, so that's another example of how you need to read better before you address what I'm saying

You saying that I don't have an argument, despite me making it several times in my replies to you doesn't make it true, and is just mite evidence that you need to read better.

Old 12-17-2018, 08:07 AM

15,154 posts, read 11,626,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokinouta View Post
Exactly right! They have every right to be pro-gun, pro-god, and if they were white, this wouldn't be a thread. This is why they started a channel, to let people like them know it's alright to not fit the stereotype.
It's a sad say in society when that actually has to be explained to liberals, and they will still lash out like infantile scum

Old 12-17-2018, 08:10 AM

16,212 posts, read 10,826,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reads2MUCH View Post
I say I've listened to these women speak many times, and I'm having trouble with your observation that they are "playing up the worst stereotypes about black women". Nothing about them, especially their politics, meets with this standard. If anything, they've completely broken the mold when it comes to how most people, especially Democrats, think black women in America think/act. Finally, two women of color who are articulating their support for the party which stands opposite of the party your "stereotypical black female" would generally be associated with supporting. Of course, I'm talking about the Democrat party. And your comparison with Ms. Berry in BAPS and these women is honestly pretty offensive. If this OP accomplishes anything, it will be to show just how quickly the left will attack women of color who have dared to step outside of their "stereotypical" role in the political world and support conservative views and values. It seems like Democrats only support minorities who fall in line and keep blindly supporting their party. I can only hope more and more of our black brethren here in the states get a chance to see these women and hear their message. It's high time people of color realize that they don't have to keep voting for the Democrat party out of some sense of tradition or loyalty.

On the bold - this goes to the heart of what you believe a "standard" or common black woman is like. I'm a black woman. I believe that Cali is a black woman as well. We know what a standard/common black woman is like in real life probably much moreso than yourself if you are not a black woman or around a lot of black women IRL.

D&S are stereotypes - they are loud and silly and behave very foolishly to play to their audience. Black women are stereotyped as loud and foolish and angry. Also they speak in what many would call a "ratchet" sort of accent/way. Contrary to what people believe, a standard/common black woman doesn't speak loud/annoying, doesn't dress in an outlandish way like they do, common black women are primarily "articulate" and know how to speak standard English without a "ratchet" accent.

Only thing to me that is "standard" about D&S is that they are get their hustle on. Black women typically hustle a lot and do what we need to do to achieve the goals we want to achieve. This is common/standard of every black woman I know - even those who many would see as a ghetto stereotype. Everything else about D&S is what white conservatives like to see - they are playing a show and I agree with Cali that they are similar to the portrayals of BAPs (and FWIW I didn't think it was all that bad of a movie lol - it was funny and silly but not too bad and it was obvious that they were playing a stereotype).

Old 12-17-2018, 08:12 AM

89,029 posts, read 44,840,107 times
Quote:
Here's a tip. Why don't you tell us what you really meant to say instead of crying "unfair". I'm guessing you won't because the last thing you want to do is to defend what you said about those two ladies.
Bingo! Cali Doll WON'T defend or explain her insistence that there's "a negative stereotype of Black women," either.

Old 12-17-2018, 08:15 AM

Quote:
First off, they are very religious. They have plenty of black Christians as guests promoting Christian values. They started because they felt because they were black women the media was trying to change how people like them think. They feel because they are black Americans, that think for themselves, they wanted to talk about it. Not all blacks are Democrats, so, you may have to adjust your thinking to watch them.
Here is their explanation of how they started. It's at a Christian College no doubt. If you care, watch the video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CyKkiWKEFqc

All black people know the bold is silly. Black people have our own media and we have always "thought for ourselves."

I personally think it's funny that those of you on the right don't believe we "think for ourselves" as it is indicative of you viewing us an inferior (i.e. we are incapable of thinking for ourselves) just because we don't agree with you on politics lol.

And so what they are Christians. 90% of black women are Christians. By your logic, they don't "think for themselves" since they follow the vast majority of black women follow in regards to their religion.

I'm an atheist, secular humanist black woman - very rare in our demographic. However, I'm not a Republican and think D&S are hustling a stereotype. Does me "breaking the mold" of religious thought in black America mean I "think for myself" more than other black women.....(things that make you go hmmmmmm)

Old 12-17-2018, 08:17 AM

3,458 posts, read 1,455,803 times

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zxroXrjnzs0

Capitol Hill for a hearing on their claims that Facebook is censoring their content because of their conservative beliefs. Despite all the questions surrounding the vloggers’ as the proceeding got underway.
Hardaway (Diamond) says “We’ve never been paid by the Trump campaign”

Old 12-17-2018, 08:25 AM

Quote:

LOL - IMO they started a channel as a hustle to fulfill the white conservative fantasy of a black woman agreeing with their politics and cadidate.

I've watched their videos and seen their commenters/followers - most are white, not black. White people (and in this case white conservative people) are the primarily folks who like to watch them. You all like to believe if you can find one token black on YouTube saying something you agree with that it validates your POV.

See the other poster by Informed Consent about "black people" saying blacks live on a plantation - you all love it when you can find a token that agrees with you!

And black people in America are not all the same like you all think we are. There are MANY amongst us who take advantage of that prejudice of yours (you all believing we are all alike). I personally find it hilarious that you generalize people in this way. A large amount of the white people I know, especially on social media are super liberal whites, yet I can somehow not conflate their beliefs on all white people. I can also have my own opinion on politics about whites, blacks, Asians, Latinos, indigenous persons, etc., and not need those opinions to be validated or supported by anyone is any ethnic group since I'm comfortable with my beliefs.

It actually is very easy to take advantage of white conservatives when it comes to issues on race. Just having a black face online for a picture oftentimes makes some white pictured person state I'm a democrat and believe XYZ. They have racist illusions of black people (that we cannot "think" for ourselves - have inferior thought process) and when they see some like D&S - you see them as "superior" to everyone else - they are your "special negroes" and there have always been black people in this country that like to get in your good graces and be your special negro because it causes them to gain some benefits (usually money).

That you all cannot see it is silly to me. And FWIW I see the same things in regards to other political "debates" that don't often involve black people. Celebrities joining some liberal cause for instance, or some kids saying something political or jumping on a band wagon online for clicks/views/likes so they can make some money. D&S have a niche market same as other folks. You are their audience, not black people. We can think for ourselves lol. Don't need them to tell us what to think - they are telling you what you want to hear. As noted, I admire their hustle.

Old 12-17-2018, 08:26 AM

52,431 posts, read 26,636,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieB.Good View Post
Lol... I specifically said they're not con artists, so that's another example of how you need to read better before you address what I'm saying

You saying that I don't have an argument, despite me making it several times in my replies to you doesn't make it true, and is just mite evidence that you need to read better.
Read better? LawL Please point out where I accused you of calling them con artists. (you want to play mr. literal to win arguent, then there you are) It was clear what I said.

This topic isn't about Waldokitty, your mythical "conservative boogyman taking advantage of these ladies" (and that's insulting on it's own accord), nor anyone's ability to read. It was created to discredit two women how have a Youtube site where they support Trump and clearly state why. And I take note that not one of you trying to do so, has addressed ANYTHING said by them.

As I said, they aren't the ones with the big con.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies