Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-18-2018, 11:53 PM

37,282 posts, read 19,276,757 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
It's interesting when the journalist who broke the dossier story, Michael Isikoff, now says it's bogus. Yet the dummies on CNN and MSNBC haven't got the message yet. They are a bit slow mentally, poor dears.

Watch Fox News if you want to know what's happening, folks. No censorship is so refreshing.
Wht would I go to Fox to explain anything when I have a source document available for a couple of clicks?

Glenn Simpson covered the "dossier" in detail in his testimony before the Senate Judiciary Committee. If you haven't read it, educate yourself. Don't let someone else tell you what to think.

Since the entire transcript is 312 pages, I'll point out a couple of things:

A) How Fusion gathers information and what they do with it is covered on pages 24, 53, 56, and 61.
B) Trump first appears on page 62.
C) Sarah Huckabee Sanders appears on page 76
D) The portion dealing with Steele begins on page 77

It's a riveting read, once you get into it. I've read it through four times.

https://www.feinstein.senate.gov/pub...t-redacted.pdf
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2018, 11:57 PM

31,132 posts, read 22,168,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grlzrl View Post
Oh, absolutely. Once you realize that the Democrats will accuse the opponent of doing what they themselves are doing, all the puzzle pieces fit.
Of course. Whatever they accuse the Republicans of their own have done worse. From Harvey Weinstein to Eric "sell me a machine gun" Holder. You really think that the Russians gave the Clinton's 140 Million dollars out of the kindness of their hearts

Old 12-19-2018, 12:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
Of course. Whatever they accuse the Republicans of their own have done worse. From Harvey Weinstein to Eric "sell me a machine gun" Holder. You really think that the Russians gave the Clinton's 140 Million dollars out of the kindness of their hearts
If something illegal happened between Hillary and Russia, contact Mueller or your Congressperson, preferably a GOP Congressperson. If there is evidence she broke the law, investigate her, indict her, and try her. If she is found guilty, lock her up. I have no sympathy for a criminal, nor do any of the Democrats I know, and certainly none on this board. We repeatedly and consistently call for anyone who has evidence to produce it, though it will be a miriacle if anything was overlooked in the last 30 years the Clintons have been investigated.

Put up, or shut up. That's how the game works. No matter how much you try to change the subject, regardless of how often you give us an opinion of her, until you have an informed opinion and facts you are doing nothing but blowing smoke around.

Mueller, BTW, is collecting facts. You may want to pay him some attention to figure out what is in the works.

Old 12-19-2018, 12:40 AM

31,132 posts, read 22,168,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
If something illegal happened between Hillary and Russia, contact Mueller or your Congressperson, preferably a GOP Congressperson. If there is evidence she broke the law, investigate her, indict her, and try her. If she is found guilty, lock her up. I have no sympathy for a criminal, nor do any of the Democrats I know, and certainly none on this board. We repeatedly and consistently call for anyone who has evidence to produce it, though it will be a miriacle if anything was overlooked in the last 30 years the Clintons have been investigated.

Put up, or shut up. That's how the game works. No matter how much you try to change the subject, regardless of how often you give us an opinion of her, until you have an informed opinion and facts you are doing nothing but blowing smoke around.

Mueller, BTW, is collecting facts. You may want to pay him some attention to figure out what is in the works.
That's why Mueller, Comie and crew gave her a two minute review, and a pass. They are corrupt as a Chicago politicians, who all happen to be Democrats by the way.

Old 12-19-2018, 01:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
That's why Mueller, Comie and crew gave her a two minute review, and a pass. They are corrupt as a Chicago politicians, who all happen to be Democrats by the way.
So, in other words, you have no evidence to support your claims. Cool.

Old 12-19-2018, 04:32 AM

27,304 posts, read 13,570,699 times
Quote:
Wht would I go to Fox to explain anything when I have a source document available for a couple of clicks?

Glenn Simpson covered the "dossier" in detail in his testimony before the Senate Judiciary Committee. If you haven't read it, educate yourself. Don't let someone else tell you what to think.

A) How Fusion gathers information and what they do with it is covered on pages 24, 53, 56, and 61.

It's fairly straight forward, Fusion GPS is investigative journalists Glenn Simpsons company, he has previously been collecting information on many of the Republican presidential candidates including Donald Trump for the Washington Free Beacon.

After the Free Beacon stopped funding the research, the Democratic National Committee and the Hillary Clinton campaign's law firm, Perkins Coie, picked up the deal with Simpson’s company Fusion GPS.

In June 2016, Fusion GPS hired Christopher Steele, a former MI6 agent, to obtain information on Trump. Steele used his "old contacts and outsourced other research using his Russian contacts and intelligebce knowledge.

After November 2016, funding from the Democratic Party ceased, and Simpson reportedly spent his own money to fund further work on the dossier.

Simpson is an investigative journalist, and that's what journalists do, whilst Steele runs an intelligence company and is going to gather intelligence and produce reports as that is what he does for a living.

In terms of the funding that was done through Perkins Coie, a law firm, which again is perfectly legal, and it was really down to the law company to check everything was above board and that no rules where being broken and they shuld have advised the DNC on this.

Perkins Coie LLP - International Law Firm | Perkins Coie

Fusion GPS

Orbis Business Intelligence | Leading Corporate Intelligence and Investigative Consultancy

In terms of the dossier and Trump Investigation, the investogation was started following a letter and subsequent meeting between Alexander Downer, the Australian High Commisioner in London and the FBI regarding George Papadopoulos, and there had also been concerns expressed by Friendly Western Intelligence Agencies.

So none of this means anything in relation to the current Trump Investigation or the Carter Page FISA, which the dossier only formed a small part of, and the Judges were fully informed as to the where, who and why of the dossier.

If Congress or even the FBI wants to look in to the DNC and Clinton Campagn then go ahead (Iam no Clinton fan), however it's not going to make any difference regarding the Mueller Investigation and U.S. Attorney for the Southern District of New York and all the rest of the litigations, inditements, court cases and general mess that surrounds Trump and his administration.

Last edited by Brave New World; 12-19-2018 at 05:00 AM..

Old 12-19-2018, 04:57 AM

28,343 posts, read 16,423,066 times
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave New World View Post

It's fairly straight forward, Fusion GPS is investigative journalists Glenn Simpsons company, he has previously been collecting information on many of the Republican presidential candidates including Donald Trump for the Washington Free Beacon.

After the Free Beacon stopped funding the research, the Democratic National Committee and the Hillary Clinton campaign's law firm, Perkins Coie, picked up the deal with Simpson’s company Fusion GPS.

In June 2016, Fusion GPS hired Christopher Steele, a former MI6 agent, to obtain information on Trump. Steele used his "old contacts and outsourced other research using his Russian contacts and intelligebce knowledge.

After November 2016, funding from the Democratic Party ceased, and Simpson reportedly spent his own money to fund further work on the dossier.

Simpson is an investigative journalist, and that's what journalists do, whilst Steele runs an intelligence company and is going to gather intelligence and produce reports as that is what he does for a living.

In terms of the funding that was done through Perkins Coie, a law firm, which again is perfectly legal, and it was really down to the law company to check everything was above board and that no rules where being broken and they shuld have advised the DNC on this.

Perkins Coie LLP - International Law Firm | Perkins Coie

Fusion GPS

Orbis Business Intelligence | Leading Corporate Intelligence and Investigative Consultancy

In terms of the dossier and Trump Investigation, the investogation was started following a letter and subsequent meeting between Alexander Downer, the Australian High Commisioner in London and the FBI regarding George Papadopoulos, and there had also been concerns expressed by Friendly Western Intelligence Agencies.
Excellent responses, and kudos to you both for taking the time to elaborate.

I strongly fear that your logical positions as articulated above will simply be met with: "Hurr, durr, deep state! Lock her up! MAGA! Uranium One!", however.

Old 12-19-2018, 05:46 AM

1,705 posts, read 540,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuptag View Post
Trump presents a simple message: undo the the last 30-40 years of economic policy by any means possible and you get the economy going again - America First. Listen to his inauguration speech. I am sure its on youtube.

If he succeeds generations of academics on the left and the right, who told you that the guy and gal on the factory floor should retrain at age 45 to be a computer programmer only to end up at 48 wiping old people's butts are wrong. All the CEOs who shrugged their shoulders and said we have to close the plant and make it in China are wrong. All the mega-chains that sell Chinese crap by the truckload and hire only part-time "associates" are wrong. All the union leaders who told their members that we must have solidarity with the underpaid illegals who stole an American's job are wrong. All the politicians who are for open borders so your old job goes to China and your new Mcjob goes to an illegal are wrong.

Exactly, which one of these clowns is going to stand up for the average American?

That is a great thing to work for... BUT, Trump was and is the wrong person for this job!
He is a complete moron.. and if you lived in the NY area from the 80s and up.. you would know this! He was a small potato, lying, thieving business person who ruined basically everything he tried to start! Stiffed his workers, contractors and business partners. It became so bad, NO American bank would lend him money, because he was so bad at business and could not stop lying and cheating!!

He was hanging on by the skin of his teeth business wise and just survived by truckloads of Russian oligarch money beginning to flow in the 90s..

This is all documented.

What he said, was infact what Bannon told him to say, which is VERY commendable.. and middle America and its production sector has been given a truly terrible hand! They where not helped at all by Republicans who HATE giving people a hand up. And not helped enough by Democrats, who somehow forgot they where the party of the working man!

Old 12-19-2018, 06:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
Excellent responses, and kudos to you both for taking the time to elaborate.

I strongly fear that your logical positions as articulated above will simply be met with: "Hurr, durr, deep state! Lock her up! MAGA! Uranium One!", however.
Quite certain it met that fate before it was settled in. The point was to have it on record that the Steele "dossier" wat not even a dossier, but a collection of informal memos over a period of several months, and that Steele had no idea the DNC or the Hillary campaign was involved. He was not told the end user, and people in his line of work collect info on subjects for a lot of reasons.

As the interview continues, Steele is alarmed when he figures out that Trump may have gotten himself in a poition to be blackmailed by Putin. He contacted Simpson first, who sent him to the FBI. The FBI would not have spoken with him had they not already had a folder open on the subject from another source.

Comey just stated in an interview a couple of days ago that a large chunk of the "dossier " had been confirmed and corroborated.

I hope this puts it to bed. There is no shame in ignorance. The shame comes from intentionally remaining ignorant.

Last edited by cuebald; 12-19-2018 at 06:51 AM..

Old 12-19-2018, 09:09 AM

9,470 posts, read 9,391,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
It's interesting when the journalist who broke the dossier story, Michael Isikoff, now says it's bogus. Yet the dummies on CNN and MSNBC haven't got the message yet. They are a bit slow mentally, poor dears.

Watch Fox News if you want to know what's happening, folks. No censorship is so refreshing.

Good Grief. Do real people actually believe this??!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies