Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2019, 07:58 PM

5,701 posts, read 3,224,771 times

Advertisements

Is there any starker difference between the two? Obama wanted pain and suffering.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2019, 08:03 PM

39,080 posts, read 51,252,674 times
Trump can order all he wants, but with 88% of the IRS laid off, it ain't gonna happen. Pelosi and the democrats are bringing up a bill that will fund individual agencies including the IRS so that the refunds can be processed. Talk vs. action. We'll see if Trump will sign it

Old 01-07-2019, 08:05 PM

12,016 posts, read 12,770,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mightleavenyc View Post
Is there any starker difference between the two? Obama wanted pain and suffering.
You are in North Korea. Obama was a great President and well respected. Obama can be reasoned with and could agree on a deal, Trump is a baby blimp and it's his way or no way at all.

Old 01-07-2019, 08:10 PM

29,834 posts, read 24,922,073 times
Trump is a man of the people, no denying that. Most democrats on the other hand seem to loathe people, particularly conservatives. They often refer to us as "deplorables" and other silly names, which is a great way to turn anyone off to your message or whatever you claim to be about. Democrats are also the party of late stage abortion, replacing Americans with illegal immigrants and cheering on the extinction of the human species because it would be good for the planet. Not a party for the people anymore, unless your an illegal perhaps. Even then, they're only using you.

Old 01-07-2019, 08:11 PM

9,742 posts, read 4,499,419 times
Only 12% of IRS has been retained during the shutdown. That is inadequate to due all returns. So are they bringing back staff and if so how are they all of a sudden essenttial?

Old 01-07-2019, 08:17 PM

25,457 posts, read 9,817,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post
Trump is a man of the people, no denying that. Most democrats on the other hand seem to loathe people, particularly conservatives. They often refer to us as "deplorables" and other silly names, which is a great way to turn anyone off to your message or whatever you claim to be about. Democrats are also the party of late stage abortion, replacing Americans with illegal immigrants and cheering on the extinction of the human species because it would be good for the planet. Not a party for the people anymore, unless your an illegal perhaps. Even then, they're only using you.
Trying to read anything in this post about the IRS and tax refunds. I got nothin'. I've had posts deleted for being off topic much less than this.

Old 01-07-2019, 08:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightleavenyc View Post
Is Trump going to be the one issuing the checks? Because there is hardly anyone working at the IRS right now. Oh wait, he's busy answering the White House switchboard that's not open. Isn't that where he's taking all the calls supporting his wall? At least he said he was getting lots of calls. Or maybe those are just the voices in his head.

Old 01-07-2019, 08:24 PM

29,834 posts, read 24,922,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
Trying to read anything in this post about the IRS and tax refunds. I got nothin'. I've had posts deleted for being off topic much less than this.
Trump is going to make sure I get my tax return on time, making him a man of the people. People who paid taxes and expect a refund anyhow. Obama worked extra hard to belittle employers, incite division and race wars, and don't forget about all the drone strikes on innocent civilians abroad. Obama ≠ man of the people

OP is right, Trump and Obama are polar opposites.

Old 01-07-2019, 08:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post
Trump is going to make sure I get my tax return on time, making him a man of the people. People who paid taxes and expect a refund anyhow. Obama worked extra hard to belittle employers, incite race wars, and don't forget about all the drone strikes on innocent civilians abroad. Obama ≠ man of the people

OP is right, Trump and Obama are polar opposites.
I'm sure Trump will personally issue you your check. LOL. Electronic filers will most likely get their refunds, just like they did during the 2013 shutdown.

Old 01-07-2019, 08:33 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,233,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Trump can order all he wants, but with 88% of the IRS laid off, it ain't gonna happen. Pelosi and the democrats are bringing up a bill that will fund individual agencies including the IRS so that the refunds can be processed. Talk vs. action. We'll see if Trump will sign it
He won’t. And I am glad.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies