Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-22-2018, 12:41 PM

5,717 posts, read 3,147,283 times

Advertisements

What do you think people care more about? The wall, or Mexico paying for it?

Old 12-22-2018, 12:41 PM

8,411 posts, read 7,424,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shokwaverider View Post
Folks please remember, Trump's Base has the memory of gnat, and believe everything he says. They are so easy to fool. This has been proven so many times. Remember, not all Republicans are Trumpers. I am a center left conservative. I live in a Trumper stronghold. One cannot have a sensible conversation with these people without them bringing up Hillary or Obama or some really dumb unqualified so called fact. They cannot make rational arguments. So it is not worth any intelligent person's time having a reasonable discussion with them, they simply cannot do it. Just take a look at some post on this group. Thankfully they are only a relatively small portion (20 - 25%) of the Republican voting public. Sensible folk (Like most of us) are recognizing the errors of their ways regarding 2016, as proven by the Midterm results. Unfortunately maybe by 2020 the damage will have already been done. I kick myself every time I see Trump on TV, and ask myself whatever I was ever thinking.

Old 12-22-2018, 12:43 PM

18,461 posts, read 7,092,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
Why is this happening? Mexico was suppose to pay for the wall, in actuality, it has been bussing migrants to the border, yet no sanctions at all. What is going on?

The only thing you're confused about is pretending like Trump is the only politician in history to not be able to fulfill a campaign promise because he didn't have the votes in Congress.

A better question is why are Democrats so hung up on who pays for it?

It's not like you can seriously expect anyone to believe that y'all have had a sudden "come to Jesus" moment as far as fiscal responsibility goes.

Old 12-22-2018, 12:46 PM

18,461 posts, read 7,092,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KayAnn246 View Post
But guess what? Individual 1 also said he would take the blame for the shutdown THIS week. Now he is blaming the Democrats. If people can't see the cons this man runs, there is no hope. This is a TRUMP SHUTDOWN!!

Pssssttttt....

Wanna know a secret?

There's no such thing as a government shutdown.

Prove me wrong and let me know when the government stops taking taxes out of your paycheck.

Old 12-22-2018, 12:48 PM

25,447 posts, read 9,809,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by neko_mimi View Post
Many Americans don't agree with Trump's strategy. There was an article in the Washington Post about it on December 11th, but I couldn't cut and paste it. It was entitled "Americans, Reality Generally Disagree With Trump's Strategy on Border Wall Funding.

The don't want a shutdown either.
https://fivethirtyeight.com/features...e-border-wall/

https://www.upi.com/Poll-Most-Americ...7871529536373/

Old 12-22-2018, 12:48 PM

8,131 posts, read 4,329,082 times
Quote:

Donald Trump is having a "mental meltdown", he knows Mueller is closing in on him!

Old 12-22-2018, 12:50 PM

18,983 posts, read 9,078,154 times
Quote:
The majority of Americans don't want the stupid wall, and they sure don't want their tax dollars paying for it when it was promised it wouldn't cost Americans a thing.

So I would have to go with Mexico paying for it.

Old 12-22-2018, 12:56 PM

37,222 posts, read 19,210,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
Sounds like "Lets Make a Deal".

What's behind door # 3 Monty ?
Sorry Bob but it's not a brand new car !!! Its the same old crap !!!

Democrats are shutting down the gov. b/c they don't believe America is worth protecting.
The Democrats put a deal on the table. Trump accepted it, then reneged. He already said on camera, in fromt of God and everybody, that he "...would be proud to shut down the government" if he didn't get his way. He did. I hope he's as proud as he thought he would be.

Trump OWNS this shutdown, brim to bunghole. The deal is still on the table. Let him stew until the heat gets to be too much for him.

Old 12-22-2018, 12:58 PM

24,502 posts, read 17,239,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinMtAiry View Post
It really is disgusting that his supporters are overlooking the entire "Mexico will pay for it" promise that helped get him elected They hold the President accountable for NOTHING, then don't understand why this makes the rest of us so angry.

If you haven't noticed Trump is at least trying to fulfill his campaign pledges and the Dems have been blocking everything. It is crazy that they are opposed to something as basic as border security but they are.

Mexico, Central and South America could pay for the wall IF the Feds were allowed to attach a small fee to the Western Union money transfers that are sent back to those countries but just imagine the outrage from the Left if he was to propose something like that.

Old 12-22-2018, 12:58 PM

37,222 posts, read 19,210,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
The only thing you're confused about is pretending like Trump is the only politician in history to not be able to fulfill a campaign promise because he didn't have the votes in Congress.

A better question is why are Democrats so hung up on who pays for it?

It's not like you can seriously expect anyone to believe that y'all have had a sudden "come to Jesus" moment as far as fiscal responsibility goes.
Remember H.W. Bush and his "Read my lips - no new taxes" that he lied about? It cost him a second term.

Identical situation. He said Mexico would pay for it, and it's up to him to make them keep his promise or slink away in shame.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies