Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-23-2018, 02:45 AM

33,316 posts, read 12,534,999 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
George W. Bush got a Masters degree from Yale. He was a "legacy" admission, and this also likely helped him maintain his 'C' average.

No, he didn't.

George W. Bush got a Masters degree from Harvard (an MBA).

His undergraduate degree was from Yale.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-23-2018, 03:05 AM

37,135 posts, read 42,222,200 times
Harvard isn't much these days IMO. They don't seem to be turning out anything good anymore. My mom made my kids swear that they would never go to Harvard, she's hated it for 2 decades now. Not that my kids came close to qualifying, they were on par with Hogg grade wise, or even applying, but it was always funny to me that she had such a bad issue with them.

Old 12-23-2018, 03:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohhwanderlust View Post
My husband got a combined 950 out of 1600 and graduated with nearly perfect GPA at undergrad and went on to get a PhD (in the hard sciences). He has always loved that field of study and pursued it unapologetically.

My score was 1460 out of 1600 and I struggled at the "good" college I went to because I forced myself through a major I hated and had no aptitude for. As soon as I switched majors (from Business Administration to Econ), my grades shot up.

It's not so much the college (provided it's an accredited legit university) as it is pursuing the right path of study.

Two of my classmates at the University of California campus that is my Alma mater got in with SAT scores in the 900s. Both had high GPAs in high school, one at a mediocre public school in a rather isolated area, and one at a top tier suburban public school. Both are white. Both were athletes in high school, but weren't going to be competing at the collegiate level. One got his degree in mathematics, had a successful career as a software engineer, but decided that wasn't fulfilling enough. He went back to school, got his teaching credential, and has been a fulfilled high school math teacher for decades. The other got his degree in Biology, and then went to medical school and became a Physician....picking up fluency in three additional languages along the way. He knew he wanted to be a Physician by the time he was five years old.

Old 12-23-2018, 03:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
Careful. That's "President Hogg" in 2040 your discussing.

You're is correct (or you are), not your.

Old 12-23-2018, 04:20 AM

37,214 posts, read 19,210,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
You're is correct (or you are), not your.
Thanks. I just saw that a minute ago. One should never post before sufficient caffeine has been ingested.

Also one of the penalties of getting old. Don't do it.

Old 12-23-2018, 05:10 AM

15,088 posts, read 13,452,870 times
Cons just attack anyone who speaks out against their gun proliferation, and will even level disgraceful lies and slander against the victims. "Shut up and get shot without bugging us!" is their slogan.

And yes, you idiots, he was there. His quote about riding there on the bike was completely taken out of context; you can read his full interview statements. He wad there, then rode back later that same day. The lies you spread on right-wing shill sites have already been debunked.

Old 12-23-2018, 06:31 AM

20,111 posts, read 9,023,728 times
Dems are so starved for a leader they turn to a high school kid for it. How sad.

Old 12-23-2018, 06:31 AM

2,267 posts, read 1,945,916 times
https://www.nbcmiami.com/news/local/...HEg24kHrn7mIDk

Old 12-23-2018, 06:33 AM

12,970 posts, read 9,659,574 times
Quote:
Thanks. I just saw that a minute ago. One should never post before sufficient caffeine has been ingested.

Also one of the penalties of getting old. Don't do it.
Don't worry about it, it's ok. Most of us still understood what you were saying.

Old 12-23-2018, 06:42 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,870,209 times
Quote:
Defending yourself from a bully is not a "personal attack".
She's not a bully. Making drama where no exists.

Quote:
He acquitted himself handily, and stuffed a loudmouth with a law degree who should have known better back into her windbag. I can do nothing but applaud the way he handled her. He almost ended her career.

Not bad for a dumb hick kid, huh...?
He's a stupid little kid who is covering for the horrible job the his dads agency and the other authorities did. Their lack of action was mind boggling.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies