Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-22-2018, 07:56 PM

12,998 posts, read 9,742,396 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
Nobody cares. He got in. Deal with it.

You seem triggered
I know, who worry about things like that when it's not your business, and no personal connections.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-22-2018, 08:01 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,598,900 times
George W. Bush got a Masters degree from Yale. He was a "legacy" admission, and this also likely helped him maintain his 'C' average.

Old 12-22-2018, 08:12 PM

78,862 posts, read 46,810,272 times
Harvard, once again proves they no longer warrant the respect they think they deserve.
Redneck Ryan Bundy, smoked a room full of them, holding a pocket Constitution...

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...t-guilty-trial

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/cliven-...egon-standoff/

https://www.governorbundy.com/

Old 12-22-2018, 08:22 PM

37,543 posts, read 19,411,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
https://www.washingtonpost.com/educa...=.895c3e3f195f

It was so mean-spirited of her to go after a 17-year-old victim of a high school mass shooting. Good for him. He'll become much more admired and accomplished in his life than she ever will.
Isn't he the spokesman for the Parkland Survivors who became a gun control advocate and was pronounced a flash in the pan who would disappear in a month by a third of the posters on this board? He was one of the ones directly responsible for turning out a record number of young people voting in the Midterms.

Looks like they lose. Hogg -1, Ingraham - 0.

Congratulations, David! Study hard. I look forward to voting for you one day.

Old 12-22-2018, 08:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by karlsch View Post
And a far more qualified Asian-American applicant was rejected.

Hogg said he had a mediocre for Harvard 1270 SAT score. Only football and basketball players are accepted with scores like that.
The SAT score is only one part of the application process.

His application came with a provenance. Not everyone discounted and ridiculed his his efforts because of his age.. His vocal national activism for gun control is what swung the deal. Harvard knows he will be a force to be reckoned with.

Old 12-22-2018, 08:26 PM

12,372 posts, read 9,345,604 times
Congratulations, david!

Old 12-22-2018, 08:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post
Your comment is based on political ideology, and it is doubtful he will become "much more admired and accomplished" than Laura.
I don't say that because I think he is an opportunistic and uninformed twit, as I'd say the same of him not becoming more admired and accomplished that Maddow either.
Heck, I have no clue what his grades were like, or if Harvard just decided to ad another SJW to their college based on ideology.

Had Hogg nor gone far left and anti-gun, and spread his condemnation around to not only the NRA and legal gun owners, but also the FBI, sheriff Israel and the BSO, and others who knew the shooter was a kook ready to go postal, he would have a lot more support. Instead he became of puppet and poster boy for the anti-gun leftists who espouse rhetoric, all the while ignoring some of the real and tangible ways the kook could have been stopped prior to massacring all his classmates.

Regardless few people attain the type of stature of someone like Laura or other famous talking heads on either side of the ideological spectrum.

`
He seems to be doing pretty well despite your lack of support. Which Ivy League school is your alma mater, BTW?

Old 12-22-2018, 08:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
Who is paying Hogg's tuition and living expenses?
He quite possibly got a scholarship. If a school really wants a student to attend their institution, they will often cough up a free ride. It's common in every school with an athletic department. Hogg brings a great deal more than spectacle to the table.

Old 12-22-2018, 08:38 PM

9,229 posts, read 16,591,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post
Your comment is based on political ideology, and it is doubtful he will become "much more admired and accomplished" than Laura.
I don't say that because I think he is an opportunistic and uninformed twit, as I'd say the same of him not becoming more admired and accomplished that Maddow either.
Heck, I have no clue what his grades were like, or if Harvard just decided to ad another SJW to their college based on ideology.

Had Hogg nor gone far left and anti-gun, and spread his condemnation around to not only the NRA and legal gun owners, but also the FBI, sheriff Israel and the BSO, and others who knew the shooter was a kook ready to go postal, he would have a lot more support. Instead he became of puppet and poster boy for the anti-gun leftists who espouse rhetoric, all the while ignoring some of the real and tangible ways the kook could have been stopped prior to massacring all his classmates.

Regardless few people attain the type of stature of someone like Laura or other famous talking heads on either side of the ideological spectrum.

`
Laura is Tomi Lahren on Geritol. Neither are have superior skills. Any of us can shart through our face holes and get the azz end of America to tune in.

Old 12-22-2018, 08:48 PM

16,375 posts, read 22,576,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
He quite possibly got a scholarship.

He probably did get a scholarship. I forgot that he authored a book this year too. He's done a lot in the past year and under immense pressure and under constant attack. He showed incredible maturity to stay on topic and stay cool headed during the past year.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies