Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-23-2018, 08:26 AM

4,538 posts, read 4,816,529 times

Advertisements

Trump listens to those fools instead of the American public - that's what our stupid president does. Hope the laid off government workers appreciate him for who he is.

‘This is tyranny of talk radio hosts, right?

So what caused Trump to flip back? Some have suggested that he bowed to backlash from high-profile conservative pundits — notably Ann Coulter and Rush Limbaugh — who lambasted the president for appearing to concede on the wall funding.

On his radio show Wednesday, Limbaugh said the president was “getting ready to cave” on getting money for the wall in the budget.

“It’s a textbook example of what the drive-by media calls compromise,” Limbaugh said. “Trump gets nothing, and the Democrats get everything, including control of the House."

Coulter, during a podcast on the Daily Caller, said Trump’s White House would become “a joke presidency who scammed the American people” if he didn’t build the wall, adding that “he’ll have no legacy whatsoever.” She also wrote a scathing column about the president and launched a flurry of criticisms on Twitter.

Fox News’s Laura Ingraham added Wednesday: “Not funding the wall will go down as one of the worst, worst things to happen to this administration. … Forget Mueller. The wall, the wall, the wall — has to be built.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...=.3bb8d3cfdb4b
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-23-2018, 08:28 AM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 16 days ago)

35,665 posts, read 18,021,886 times
Rush Limbaugh is absolutely brilliant, IMHO.

He knows which side his bread is buttered on. He's built an enormous fortune on pandering to his buying customers.

I don't think he believes a lot of what he's saying, though.

And I believe he's a force for evil.

Old 12-23-2018, 08:29 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,053,860 times
Ingraham is right, Trump will be remembered for NOT getting his wall.

What I find interesting is that it isn't JUST the Democrats in the House and Senate that are creating barriers to Trump's initiative. I find it interesting these political pundits are rewriting history and purposely leaving out that Senate Republicans are blocking the funding. That House Republicans only took a vote and passed it knowing that the bill they were sending to the Senate would never pass in the Senate.

This is not just a Democrats vs. Trump issue.

Old 12-23-2018, 08:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post

He knows which side his bread is buttered on. He's built an enormous fortune on pandering to his buying customers.

I agree, he performs for his people. I have seen him make up stories and his sheep follow him. Had a very dear friend who lived for Rush. She would try and tell me a story about something he said and I would fill in the facts for her. She always said ....'but that's not what Rush said.....' or "...oh Rush didn't add that part....".

He's a great entertainer and set the tone for O'Reilly, Hannity and now for some of the other less successful but just as vocal celebs on Fox News spouting their agenda.

Rush is good at what he does.

Old 12-23-2018, 08:42 AM

30,480 posts, read 19,236,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KRAMERCAT View Post
Trump listens to those fools instead of the American public - that's what our stupid president does. Hope the laid off government workers appreciate him for who he is.

‘This is tyranny of talk radio hosts, right?

So what caused Trump to flip back? Some have suggested that he bowed to backlash from high-profile conservative pundits — notably Ann Coulter and Rush Limbaugh — who lambasted the president for appearing to concede on the wall funding.

On his radio show Wednesday, Limbaugh said the president was “getting ready to cave” on getting money for the wall in the budget.

“It’s a textbook example of what the drive-by media calls compromise,” Limbaugh said. “Trump gets nothing, and the Democrats get everything, including control of the House."

Coulter, during a podcast on the Daily Caller, said Trump’s White House would become “a joke presidency who scammed the American people” if he didn’t build the wall, adding that “he’ll have no legacy whatsoever.” She also wrote a scathing column about the president and launched a flurry of criticisms on Twitter.

Fox News’s Laura Ingraham added Wednesday: “Not funding the wall will go down as one of the worst, worst things to happen to this administration. … Forget Mueller. The wall, the wall, the wall — has to be built.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...=.3bb8d3cfdb4b
Great news that Limbaugh, Coulter and Ingraham are dictating policy, I trust each of them.

Thanks for this great new report.

Old 12-23-2018, 09:08 AM

7,826 posts, read 2,735,940 times
Here is a really good read from a very conservative publication (mainly Pro-Trump) sentiment. It breaks down what is happening within the GOP which is vitally important to how this presidency plays out. Trumps biggest threat is not Mueller or the traditional media...it's the conservative media.

Quote:
Trump forgets his base is populists and conservatives
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/o...-conservatives

Quote:
When candidate Donald J. Trump steamrolled American politics in 2016, he seemed to understand the coalition available to him was an eclectic bunch that felt its issues had been ignored.

They were both populists and conservatives, and they placed him in office.

Over the past week, it appears he has forgotten that his supporters are both populists and conservatives — with the “ and conservatives” being a very important part of the equation.

In the wake of an election where Republicans lost 40 seats, Trump has careened, strategy-free, toward a shutdown, negotiating only with himself. He's blowing up the staff that gave wary Republicans confidence, and in the realm of foreign policy, he's abandoning the Reaganite conservative part of his coalition to the consternation of Israel and the delight of dictators in Moscow and Ankara.
This last week has been a sea change

Quote:
Coalition politics always requires sail-trimming by all coalition partners. Many Republicans who flocked to former President George W. Bush’s call to "restore honor and dignity to the White House" in the wake of the Bill Clinton-Monica Lewinsky scandal have swallowed hard and accepted Trump for the promise of conservative Supreme Court justices and the defeat of Democrats.

Now they wonder when Trump will trim his own sails for them.

The bargain has always been that he'd cut taxes and surround himself with traditional Republican foreign policy experts. The departure of Gen. Jim Mattis from the administration is not just a vacancy in the Cabinet. Coupled with United Nations Ambassador Nikki Haley's exit, this has Republicans, even those who have steadfastly stuck with the president, worried that there is a vacancy in the coalition bargain.

Trump has lost Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell, R-Ky., who bit his tongue for years, even as Speaker of the House Paul Ryan, R-Wis., spilled his spleen with frustrations over the president's lack of discipline.

Trump has also been publicly rebuked by Republican Arkansas Sen. Tom Cotton, perhaps the most populist and Trumpian member of the Senate but a foreign policy hawk nonetheless. An alienated Cotton and an angry McConnell, on top of the normal array of less steely handwringers, are not the building blocks of a strong coalition.

Old 12-23-2018, 09:13 AM

21,430 posts, read 7,473,682 times
Quote:

As I understand it Rush also receives subsidies for his show from advocacy groups. Their messages do not appear as advertisement, but as 'product placement' in his narratives.

Basically a propaganda mouth for hire.

Old 12-23-2018, 09:13 AM

29,848 posts, read 24,947,456 times
Nothing is as stupid as demanding open borders and exceedingly generous welfare programs that illegals can tap into, all while the nation's debt is spiraling out of control. I can think of nothing in American politics today that is as thoroughly stupid as the far left's platform. If stupid is the weapon of choice in American politics, than leftists have us beat for sure.

Old 12-23-2018, 09:15 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,560,902 times
Quote:

He certainly is a divisive force; it's why he is so popular. AND, he is now dictating to our President how to run the government.

Old 12-23-2018, 09:16 AM

But hasn't it been clear from day one of Trump's Presidency that he relies on Fox News and political pundits for his policy, political banter, etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies