Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-31-2018, 11:47 AM

25,575 posts, read 17,286,360 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Why Trump supporters believe that Trump isn’t curropt.
I love it when someone tries to explain my motivations and beliefs to me.
I don't care if he is "curropt" or not. Hillary is/was and that's who I voted against.
As it is, I am happy with the choice. She turned out to be demonstrably unstable.

(It's just precious when a poster cannot figure out why a word like curropt has a squiggly red line under it)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-31-2018, 12:05 PM

3,877 posts, read 3,896,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
I don't care if he is "curropt" or not. Hillary is/was and that's who I voted against.
As it is, I am happy with the choice. She turned out to be demonstrably unstable.

(It's just precious when a poster cannot figure out why a word like curropt has a squiggly red line under it)
That's the entire purpose of this post...

Old 12-31-2018, 12:14 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,125,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post

Hillary is unstable but trump is a stable genius? lmao You voted for a traitor and a willfully uninformed idiot...neither of which applies to Hillary Clinton.

Old 12-31-2018, 12:35 PM

5,479 posts, read 2,120,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/ar...utm_source=fbb

So is this true, is this is how they figure Trump isn’t curropt?
Maybe it's because CURROPT isn't actually a word! ...and we are the stupid ones...

Old 12-31-2018, 12:41 PM

37,971 posts, read 22,151,621 times
Quote:

He's corrupt because Choen said Trump asked him to make payments to two women who had sex with Trump? This is ridiculous.

Old 12-31-2018, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnBoy64 View Post
We see what we want to see

To be fair this is evident on both sides but it is the degree and scale of Cognitive Dissonance being demonstrated by Trump Supporters right now that is unlike anything I have seen in this country's politics.

Bill Clinton was accused of sexually assaulting multiple women, and raping at least one woman, and even with all of that being known at the time, he was reelected as president. And you want to compare that to Trump having consensual sex with two adult women, and paying them to keep it quiet?

The 'Cognitive Dissonance" is all on your side pal.

Last edited by Wapasha; 12-31-2018 at 01:31 PM..

Old 12-31-2018, 12:55 PM

2,486 posts, read 824,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRNW View Post
I truly have never seen a more obedient fan base than trump’s. They don’t question a thing he does. He was handed an incredible economy, yet he feels the need to cause problems with these tariffs. America doesn’t care about his waste of money Wall that won’t stop anybody from coming in, yet he wastes everyone’s time and ****s down the government to childishly make his point. He embarrasses himself endlessly on twitter and us in the process, for having such a moron as our president.

With that said, him being elected is why we took back the house. It’s why the president will be D in 2021. He has buried the Republican Party, and for that I am appreciative.
I have to admit that I am impressed that people, such as yourself, will manage to keep up your tantrum for the full 4 years.

As for taking back the house, it was about average. The Pubs also added a couple of seats to the Senate and that has only happened a few times in history.

I hate to burst your bubble, but Trump knew that historically he had no chance to hold the house. That's why he selectively rallied for certain Senate seats and key reps.

He may have lost his leverage on the purse, but he also gained leverage on confirmations. The next two years is going to be quite interesting.

Trump may get 4 constitutional SC justices and more than 150 federal judges by the time the dust settles. That is what he managed to preserve.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
Bill Clinton was accused of sexually assaulting and raping at least one women, and even with all of that being known at the time, he was reelected as president. And you want to compare that to Trump having consensual sex with two adult women, and paying them to keep it quiet?

You are correct.

Consensual sexual infidelity by an R makes the left outraged and they become uber-moral bedroom monitors.

Nonconsensual rape and assault by D's are defended and rationalized, spun until it is FUBAR! Remember Anthony Weiner? The left rallied to his side for weeks and months. His wife knew what he was doing, how could she not? It was only when his pedophile nature became public knowledge that she filed for divorce and the party abandoned him. They only care about appearances.

It's twisted logic and so pathetic that I can't find any pity toward them.

Last edited by Originalist; 12-31-2018 at 01:07 PM..

Old 12-31-2018, 01:04 PM

7,826 posts, read 2,728,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
Bill Clinton was accused of sexually assaulting and raping at least one women, and even with all of that being known at the time, he was reelected as president. And you want to compare that to Trump having consensual sex with two adult women, and paying them to keep it quiet?

Did you not read the entire post???

Quote:
To be fair this is evident on both sides but it is the degree and scale of Cognitive Dissonance being demonstrated by Trump Supporters right now that is unlike anything I have seen in this country's politics.
Your post could not be a better example of cognitive dissonance

Old 12-31-2018, 01:41 PM

8,131 posts, read 4,328,096 times
Quote:

Trump supporters have the same mentality has Donald Trump. Trump supporters had hate lying dormant inside them for years. Donald Trump made his supporters feel it's Ok to be themselves and hate again!

Old 12-31-2018, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Did you not read the entire post???

Your post could not be a better example of cognitive dissonance

Sorry, it's all on your side.

Trump has consensual sex with a woman, Clinton sexually abused and was accused of raping at least one woman.

The cognitive dissonance on your side, is not being able to comprehend the difference between Trump having sex between consenting adults, and Clinton's sexual abuse, sexual assault, and the accusations of Clinton raping a woman. And yet, the same dems who reelected Bill Clinton, making excuses for him, and insulting and demeaning the women he abused, are claiming Trump's consensual sex was worse than what Bill Clinton did.

to quote you:
Quote:
Sorry, the scale is not unlike anything we have seen before. The way Clinton's supporters covered for his abhorrent abuse of women, out shines Trump's conduct with women who agreed to have sex with him. Neither Trump or his supporters can hold a candle to Clinton and his shameless supporters, from back in the 1990s and all thru the 2000s.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies