Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-05-2019, 12:26 PM

52,431 posts, read 26,636,151 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
Apparently you are not one of those employees working for free, thanks to Trump. A winner does not stiff his employees, and that is what he is doing.

If it was up to me, I'd cut their pay 15% and lay off 20%. Get rid of the pensions and put them all on 401Ks. The USA would be in a far far better place.

Old 01-05-2019, 12:34 PM

8,384 posts, read 4,369,703 times
Perhaps. Trump could not get anything done with a Republican House and he for sure will not get anything done now. So as far as Trump actually accomplishing anything positive, yeah, its pretty much a wash.

Old 01-05-2019, 12:38 PM

4,559 posts, read 1,437,602 times
NOW the swampdraining begins. HR-1 has Trump Republicans huffing and puffing.

Old 01-05-2019, 03:19 PM

25,445 posts, read 9,809,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
I wonder if tax dollar wasting nancy will get her military plane, tax dollar paid for, flights to and from CA. every week end as she did before.

The repub Speakers of the House flew commercial and paid for the trips themselves.
You might want to brush up on your facts.
https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/jet-set-2/

Old 01-05-2019, 04:15 PM

6,454 posts, read 7,011,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by what'd i miss View Post
NOW the swampdraining begins. HR-1 has Trump Republicans huffing and puffing.
You guys drink the koolaid every time lol.

Every week it's "this is the BIG ONE" speech from Dems...."it's coming just watch!"
and then *poof* nothing
I've said it since day 1, the purpose of the investigation and the press (the very same press that endorsed Hillary Clinton i.e. NYTs, ABC, NBC, WAPO etc) with this "around the clock coverage" is to drive a negative public narrative of the President during up into an election.

The Dems don't want Mueller to have any findings and conclusions; what they want is to create the illusion that the President is under unscrupulous, neverending "investigations"where question marks and doubts are abundantly "clear" to their believers, hopefully enough to drive them to the ballots.

IMO, if there were anything it would have been uncovered by now. ANd in IMPO, if there were anything it would have been uncovered prior to his nomination. It would have been reported by his adversaries and their network of connections long before the Trump engine got up and running.

Old 01-06-2019, 02:02 PM

25,445 posts, read 9,809,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by itshim View Post
You guys drink the koolaid every time lol.

Every week it's "this is the BIG ONE" speech from Dems...."it's coming just watch!"
and then *poof* nothing
I've said it since day 1, the purpose of the investigation and the press (the very same press that endorsed Hillary Clinton i.e. NYTs, ABC, NBC, WAPO etc) with this "around the clock coverage" is to drive a negative public narrative of the President during up into an election.

The Dems don't want Mueller to have any findings and conclusions; what they want is to create the illusion that the President is under unscrupulous, neverending "investigations"where question marks and doubts are abundantly "clear" to their believers, hopefully enough to drive them to the ballots.

IMO, if there were anything it would have been uncovered by now. ANd in IMPO, if there were anything it would have been uncovered prior to his nomination. It would have been reported by his adversaries and their network of connections long before the Trump engine got up and running.
The investigation is not over yet. But I guess we need to keep repeating that statement ad nauseum. Evidently, it's not sinking in.

Old 01-06-2019, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
The investigation is not over yet. But I guess we need to keep repeating that statement ad nauseum. Evidently, it's not sinking in.

It is over and they found nothing in 18 months. So what happens, an Obama judge makes it go on for another 6. And in 6 there will still be nothing.

Old 01-06-2019, 03:47 PM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,610,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
It is over and they found nothing in 18 months. So what happens, an Obama judge makes it go on for another 6. And in 6 there will still be nothing.
That would assume he get re-elected, which isn't going to happen

Old 01-06-2019, 04:04 PM

29,218 posts, read 22,371,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
A correction.
They have REPORTED nothing on Trump in 18 months. And the investigation isn't over until Mueller says it is, not you.

You do not know a thing about what the final report will say.

None of us know anything either. And none of us will until Mueller submits the report to the committee.

After that, all of us will know everything there is.

Old 01-06-2019, 04:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
A correction.
They have REPORTED nothing on Trump in 18 months.

Case closed. It will be Trump who is re-elected to the Presidency in 2020.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies