Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-05-2019, 03:10 PM

23,707 posts, read 30,778,755 times

Advertisements

In the ledger of evils perpetrated by humans, Operation Reinhard holds a special place. Over the course of 21 months starting in March 1942, Nazi forces and their collaborators rounded up 1.7 million Jews from 393 Polish towns and ghettos and dispatched them in tightly packed rail cars to three camps in German-occupied Poland – Sobibor, Treblinka and Belzec.

https://www.miamiherald.com/living/t...223915840.html

Old 01-05-2019, 03:43 PM

25,598 posts, read 17,329,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pruzhany View Post
In the ledger of evils perpetrated by humans, Operation Reinhard holds a special place. Over the course of 21 months starting in March 1942, Nazi forces and their collaborators rounded up 1.7 million Jews from 393 Polish towns and ghettos and dispatched them in tightly packed rail cars to three camps in German-occupied Poland – Sobibor, Treblinka and Belzec.

Absolutely incredible. It is amazing what people will do.

Old 01-05-2019, 03:49 PM

3,179 posts, read 2,135,729 times
Quote:

It’s hard to comprehend that level of evil. May it never happen again.

Old 01-05-2019, 04:01 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,391,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz22 View Post
It surely will happen again...unless you adopt the non-aggression principle.

States killed nearly 262 million people in the 20th century alone.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v3cb3ZBmcuw

When you believe in the right of one individual to rule over another without consent and by force you have preordained theft, fraud, robbery, rape, and murder for either yourself or someone else.

Old 01-05-2019, 04:40 PM

5,772 posts, read 3,228,421 times
Quote:

I know the names Sobibor, Treblinka, and to a lesser degree Belzek. I can probably name more concentration camps than I can name capitols of European nations. While this horrible act by the wolf of Europe is almost universally condemned, could any of you Holocaust chroniclers give us any details of the other 58% who weren't Jewish and who were also rounded up and murdered by the Wolf?

We have all heard of the six million unfortunate souls who were brutally murdered, but is this a fraction of the total number murdered in these camps?

Old 01-05-2019, 08:07 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,694,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonyafd View Post
I know the names Sobibor, Treblinka, and to a lesser degree Belzek. I can probably name more concentration camps than I can name capitols of European nations. While this horrible act by the wolf of Europe is almost universally condemned, could any of you Holocaust chroniclers give us any details of the other 58% who weren't Jewish and who were also rounded up and murdered by the Wolf?

We have all heard of the six million unfortunate souls who were brutally murdered, but is this a fraction of the total number murdered in these camps?
Does it matter in CERTAIN camps? We know Hitler killed the disabled, the feeble, those low in intelligence, some of those suspected of being communists, Gypsies, gays and many more....

We know that Stalin killed vastly more of his own people...for nothing...than all the people Hitler killed.

My "gut" tells me, tho, that the "others" in actual death camps didn't consist of the same percentage of civilian women, children, aged, etc.....

But I'll let you look that part up. I never researched it but have read enough memoirs (Jewish and Non-Jewish experiences in the camps) to think that it rings true.

Hitler killed lots of Slavs (Russian, Ukrainian and others.) - but I think percentages comes into this. Up to 90% of all Jews in Germany and Poland, etc. were killed. As mentioned above, Slavs killed their own by the millions regularly...and there was 10 to 15X times as many of them.

No one doubts that Slavs took the major hit in WWII....won the war, so to speak. But that's not the subject at hand.

Last edited by craigiri; 01-05-2019 at 08:15 PM..

Old 01-05-2019, 09:45 PM

5,772 posts, read 3,228,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
Does it matter in CERTAIN camps? We know Hitler killed the disabled, the feeble, those low in intelligence, some of those suspected of being communists, Gypsies, gays and many more....

We know that Stalin killed vastly more of his own people...for nothing...than all the people Hitler killed.

My "gut" tells me, tho, that the "others" in actual death camps didn't consist of the same percentage of civilian women, children, aged, etc.....

But I'll let you look that part up. I never researched it but have read enough memoirs (Jewish and Non-Jewish experiences in the camps) to think that it rings true.

Hitler killed lots of Slavs (Russian, Ukrainian and others.) - but I think percentages comes into this. Up to 90% of all Jews in Germany and Poland, etc. were killed. As mentioned above, Slavs killed their own by the millions regularly...and there was 10 to 15X times as many of them.

No one doubts that Slavs took the major hit in WWII....won the war, so to speak. But that's not the subject at hand.
There are many people out there who believe that the percentage of Jews killed in the Holocaust was around 90% or more of the total killed by the Wolf. No one out there speaks for the millions who were murdered who were not Jewish. I don't seek to dilute the catastrophe that befell the Jews before and during WW 2, but I do want it to be understood that they were not uniquely sought out as Hitler's targets. It's important to note that Catholic clergy were also put into the camps when they would not adopt the fascist doctrine of Hitler.

I've lived and worked in New York city. When I was young it seems that everyone got along better and made an effort to get along. As I got older it seems that the effort to get along has ceased. People are no longer consenting to just being Americans but are self segregating into political and ethnic groups, and that's not good.

Old 01-05-2019, 10:34 PM

7,934 posts, read 8,599,702 times
Quote:

How did they kill all of these people in Sobibor, Treblinka, Belzec, Majdanek?

Old 01-05-2019, 11:54 PM

1,675 posts, read 578,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanAdventurer View Post
How did they kill all of these people in Sobibor, Treblinka, Belzec, Majdanek?

I checked out the study, it is based on the number of people transported by train. According to the study, most people where gassed on arrival.

Sounds to me like propaganda as they kept comparing it to the Rwanda genocide which is considered the worst genocide in recent history.

Here is the study:
http://advances.sciencemag.org/content/5/1/eaau7292
The word Rwanda appears 31 times, Poland where all of this took place appears 7 times.

Last edited by thelogo; 01-06-2019 at 12:03 AM..

Old 01-06-2019, 12:00 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,241,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz22 View Post
It already has. More than once.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies