Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2019, 03:39 PM

8,564 posts, read 10,987,037 times

Advertisements

Presently we have but three hours and a half to "guess" what the President is going to say in his speech.
What do you think his speech is going to include?
I will offer my guess.
I think he is going to announce he is going to persuade congress to accept his offer to fund the wall construction himself, and be paid back a billion a year, plus interest.
That way, the shutdown ends, and congress does not have to come up with over five billion dollars at one time.

The other option is, he will declare a national security risk, and take money, and resources from the military to build the wall.

Bob.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2019, 03:44 PM

15,640 posts, read 10,398,506 times
https://twitter.com/MichaelCBender/s...43873376567296

I'm interested very much in watching the dem rebuttal, too. I wonder who the Dems will tap tonight to make their case to keep the shutdown going considering, as Mitch McConnell noted today, the funding President Donald Trump wants for the border wall represents only 1/10th of 1% of federal spending.

Old 01-08-2019, 03:45 PM

4,985 posts, read 3,969,854 times
"What do you think his speech is going to include?"

the words America, Wall, and Congress.

Old 01-08-2019, 04:05 PM

5,562 posts, read 5,685,041 times
Good Evening my fellow Americans,

Today I come to you in hopes to explain the issues that face the nation. We are in the middle of a government shutdown due to the lack of funding over a serious issue on the American/ Mexican border. I have asked congress for 5 billion dollars to finish and fund key parts of the border that will secure our nation from murders, terrorists and drugs that are pouring into our country. We have human trafficking, and illegal immigration and serious security holes that need to be addressed. The Democrats refused to provide the funding and or work with my administration with the recent caravan of immigrants that which brought HUGE groups of people to the border it became clear this issue needs to address to the American people and congress. The shutdown continues until congress funds the wall construction and put our people back to work. If this continues any longer by the Democrats I will be forced to declare a state of Emergency.

Blah Blah etc etc

Old 01-08-2019, 04:12 PM

12,003 posts, read 11,905,591 times
Trump doesn't have enough personal money to fund the wall, and any proposals of his to do this are just blather.

There's a campaign trending on Twitter to not watch whatever it is Trump has to say, but after considering the merits of skipping it, I decided to watch - so I could be better informed about what he has to say and whatever his body language might indicate about his state of mind: will he be calm and rational? Will he be belligerent? Will he be self-contradictory, with obvious lies? Nervous? Calm?

How will Trump appear physically? Heavier? Bloated? More orange? Circles under his eyes? Or in ruddy health?

What props will he have near him? Will the usually empty desk be adorned with keepsakes or significant trinkets?

What color tie will he wear? His ubiquitous red tie, or something else? What signals will he unconsciously project? What will the TV pundits make of it all?

And what will the Democrats have to say afterwards?

We'll soon know...

Old 01-08-2019, 04:14 PM

3,319 posts, read 2,342,240 times
It will sound like pretty much every other campaign speech he has made thus far.

Old 01-08-2019, 04:15 PM

9,742 posts, read 4,499,419 times
What Trump will say

Bigly
Mexico is not sending their best
Mexico is going to pay for it via Nafta 2.0
Democrats are obstructionist
Nobody knows how to build a wall better than me

Old 01-08-2019, 04:17 PM

24,201 posts, read 19,224,183 times
It's a Trump speech.

It will be "me, lie, lie, lie, me, me, lie, direct contradiction of something he said five minutes earlier, lie, lie" and so on, for an hour or so.

Old 01-08-2019, 04:24 PM

8,564 posts, read 10,987,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigCreek View Post
Trump doesn't have enough personal money to fund the wall, and any proposals of his to do this are just blather.

There's a campaign trending on Twitter to not watch whatever it is Trump has to say, but after considering the merits of skipping it, I decided to watch - so I could be better informed about what he has to say and whatever his body language might indicate about his state of mind: will he be calm and rational? Will he be belligerent? Will he be self-contradictory, with obvious lies? Nervous? Calm?

How will Trump appear physically? Heavier? Bloated? More orange? Circles under his eyes? Or in ruddy health?

What props will he have near him? Will the usually empty desk be adorned with keepsakes or significant trinkets?

What color tie will he wear? His ubiquitous red tie, or something else? What signals will he unconsciously project? What will the TV pundits make of it all?

And what will the Democrats have to say afterwards?

We'll soon know...
Upon the day he announced he would be running for President, he had a net worth of ten billion dollars.
Later estimates put it at just over five billion.
Obviously he could well afford to build the wall on what he has behind him.

Bob.

Old 01-08-2019, 04:30 PM

21,952 posts, read 9,517,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CALGUY View Post
Presently we have but three hours and a half to "guess" what the President is going to say in his speech.
What do you think his speech is going to include?
I will offer my guess.
I think he is going to announce he is going to persuade congress to accept his offer to fund the wall construction himself, and be paid back a billion a year, plus interest.
That way, the shutdown ends, and congress does not have to come up with over five billion dollars at one time.

The other option is, he will declare a national security risk, and take money, and resources from the military to build the wall.

Bob.
I completely, 100%, disagree with all of this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies