Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-18-2019, 07:48 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,870,209 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
Damn. This thread is still going?

I’m sure there are some poor white folks who could use some help.
Unfortunately racism from the left prevents them from receiving equal help.

Old 01-18-2019, 07:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
They have no strong black consciousness/awareness about their collective history and how their condition and problems are not rooted in "Pookie and Ray Ray"...down the street, who they have to retaliate against.
That's not it. The just weren't raised correctly because they weren't in a 2 parent family. Not that you care about the truth.

Last edited by Loveshiscountry; 01-18-2019 at 08:00 AM..

Old 01-18-2019, 07:51 AM

13,961 posts, read 5,628,343 times
Quote:
I am sorry that my story does not fit your narrative. I had a brother who went the opposite direction from me. He was in the streets, dropped out, in and out of jail. Same parents. Same economics.
Even better. Same skin color, same society, same immediate family, same immediate local culture, same everything, yet different results, regardless of common membership in many of the same collectives. How is this possible, since you posit that the collective defines the individual?

So the difference between you and your brother is your superior awareness of black history? Oh no, apparently that means...
Quote:
In regards to retaliation and Pookie and Ray Ray....I am talking about how many people trapped in those inner-city conditions CAN'T SEE THE FOREST DUE TO THE TREES. They do not see the big picture....just the other black people surrounding them as the compete for status and resources within the context of that environment. I saw the FOREST through consciousness...and consequently I looked at the trees differently.

I was not speaking of retaliation of any sort against...."the man". It seems that such is always assumed based upon the perception of the "angry black man". That having been said, if one does seek "revenge" I have heard that "Success" is the most flavorful.
You used the word "retaliation", not me. It is a very specific word with a very specific meaning. Nice attempt to make me look racist for referring to what you yourself wrote, but everyone knows that dog won't hunt.

So if by "retaliation" you mean(t) the totally unrelated to the actual definition "seeing/saw the bigger picture and found a path to success" (which again, has nothing to do with the word retaliation) are you saying that your individual actions, choices and behaviors may account for why you have achieved a thing that other black people have not, even though they have the same skin color, come from the same neighborhood, live in the same society, etc? FFS, your own brother has a wildly divergent outcome from your own, and I'd assume you have more in common with him than damn near anyone. Thus, I'd be hard pressed to define his outcomes or yours as products of collective destiny, and more inclined to chalk the differences up to individual actions, choices and behaviors. Is this not logical? Or does Whitey still hold the lion's share of blame for your brother's outcomes (and somehow, not yours)?

Old 01-18-2019, 07:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chance and Change View Post
One can't quantify nor verify that rapist come primarily from single family home(s)... To try and do so is absurd....
It's not about 1 data point, to try and assume it is , is absurd. Your being very dishonest in this thread. Explain to everyone here why you continue to deflect from the fact that a person raised in a single parent will commit crime at a much higher rate?

Quote:
Therefore, let's not assume conjecture to be a substitute for reality....
The reality is you falsely play the race card and you make things up.

Quote:
One can even read the media news and find that the reality of rapist is from a broad swatch of society, and if you took note, most of the women in the "metoo" movement are not predominantly black, and those who are speaking up were not predominantly sexually accosted by blacks...
It's not about 1 data point and if you took note there is a much higher rate of criminality among children from single parent families. But you keep deflecting and making things up and what ever you do address the FACT that children from single parent families are much worse off. Whatever you do, don't use fact, reason, and logic to come to an intellient conclusion.

Quote:
And ... NO... We won't be "negating history" !!!!! When discussing the element of rapes or any other factors regarding society.... "Selective Amnesia" - "won't be the standard of any of these discussions. Nor will "Folklore + Confabulations" be allowed to "sanitize" the conversations.
None of these drama queen statements have anythig to do with what I've posted. Your posts are dishonest.

Explain to everyone here why up until the 1920s black UE was lower than white UE? Are we more racist now? And please don't use that childish example of a handful of blacks in a small town, during an emergency, who didn't want to help.

Old 01-18-2019, 08:05 AM

16,212 posts, read 10,826,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
Im. going to ask the obvious. Why should white people as a group, care if things are getting better for blacks? I mean I do, as my son is black, but why should others? It isn't as though blacks or anyone else cares about the status of any other group.
Does anyone really think that Asians care if things are better for blacks? Hispanics?

I did what I could for my son, same as I did for my daughters. He's 30 now and it is on him to find his own way. He thus far is doing quite well, better than I did at his age.

Im curious as to why some people think it should be on white peoples shoulders to care if the black population is doing better.

Note, I'm black and I agree that I don't think white people care if black people are doing better. I'll note that I don't care that they don't care lol. I also don't think they should really care all that much in day to day life. So know that all black people do not believe you should.

And FWIW many of us (including myself) don't care what whites think about the black demographic. The blue is the thought, that if I share, often gets some individual whites upset in a conversation. They respond with anger as if I should always care what white people think. I truly don't and I wish more black people didn't.

Old 01-18-2019, 08:07 AM

13,806 posts, read 9,709,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
That's not it. The just weren't raised correctly because they weren't in a 2 parent family. Not that you care about the truth.

You could be right.....but my siblings and I are from a two parent household and one of my brothers dropped out of school, had many kids out of wedlock, sold drugs and was in and out of jail.

Old 01-18-2019, 08:08 AM

Quote:
I think everyone knows that....which is why I said I tend to trust those numbers and not rape figures. The question was about rape not homicide, however. In regards to Homicides.....I will just say look at Ghana, a black nation with a homicide rate about that of whites in America. Many AA ancestors were from the Ghana area of West Africa. The black homicide rate outside of Africa is much higher than it is within Africa. The highest black homicides rates seem to coincide with some type of racial oppression of blacks.
So since white homicide rate is lower in other countries compared to Americas white homicide rate, there is racial oppression of whites in America. Why it all makes sense, in Bizarro World.

Old 01-18-2019, 08:09 AM

Quote:
The so called others you speak of ARE NOT Blameless.... !!!! as an ethnicity group with long historical groomed in ideologies that were derived from within a long cultural history of race bias and segregationist ideals. You can't just wipe that away because you refuse to acknowledge it.

That however, does not mean "all" but to try and claim that "some" don't carry forth such groomed-in ideology, would be claiming a lie as if its truth.

Consider the expanse of what's within historical relevancy within what and how society has become over the ages, and one can't with a straight face, dismiss the impacts of such elements and things as a long groomed in ideological folklore passed on set of ideals, which we know many were structured based on race bias and segregationist ideologies.

When people get over the "white is right" delusion, they can then open their minds to see the broader perspective and not be so willing to pursue claims of blamelessness as an entire white ethnic cultural. and while one (if one opens their mind) consider the realities of historical economic and other impacts over centuries of disenfranchisement, then truth does not look so far fetched as some try and make it seem.
You're the only one saying "white is right". That's your own bigotry.

Quote:
The old saying one can't teach an old dog new tricks... is only true if the old dog is not willing to learn, or (If) one is not willing to provide the means and elements that can teach....
Look in the mirror Old Yellow.

Anytime you want to discuss the truth give us a shout.

Old 01-18-2019, 08:13 AM

13,806 posts, read 9,709,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volobjectitarian View Post
Even better. Same skin color, same society, same immediate family, same immediate local culture, same everything, yet different results, regardless of common membership in many of the same collectives. How is this possible, since you posit that the collective defines the individual?

So the difference between you and your brother is your superior awareness of black history? Oh no, apparently that means...

You used the word "retaliation", not me. It is a very specific word with a very specific meaning. Nice attempt to make me look racist for referring to what you yourself wrote, but everyone knows that dog won't hunt.

So if by "retaliation" you mean(t) the totally unrelated to the actual definition "seeing/saw the bigger picture and found a path to success" (which again, has nothing to do with the word retaliation) are you saying that your individual actions, choices and behaviors may account for why you have achieved a thing that other black people have not, even though they have the same skin color, come from the same neighborhood, live in the same society, etc? FFS, your own brother has a wildly divergent outcome from your own, and I'd assume you have more in common with him than damn near anyone. Thus, I'd be hard pressed to define his outcomes or yours as products of collective destiny, and more inclined to chalk the differences up to individual actions, choices and behaviors. Is this not logical? Or does Whitey still hold the lion's share of blame for your brother's outcomes (and somehow, not yours)?

I never argued the fallacy of Division.......assuming that what is true of the collective is true of its part, but you are arguing the fallacy of composition, that is true of an individual is thus true for the collective.

The collective experience of going to war results in some people coming back physically and mentally scared, white others come back physically and or mentally scared....or don't come back at all. The collective experience of war always produces a variation of causalities and survivors. Just because some survived or came out better than others does not mean that ALL had the opportunity to do so. Wrong place at wrong time. Everyone cannot share the same space at the same time to have the same experience.

Old 01-18-2019, 08:15 AM

18,022 posts, read 27,468,060 times
Quote:
September 18, 2017

Americans, especially wealthy whites, vastly overestimate progress toward racial economic equality despite evidence of persistent gaps between black and white workers when it comes to hourly wages, annual income and household wealth, according to a new paper by Yale University researchers published Monday.

The study’s results are especially stunning in the wake of census data released last week that showed that African Americans were the only racial group still making less than they did in 2000.

The average black household made 60 percent of what white households made in 2016 and less than half of what Asians made, according to census data. For every $100 of wealth accumulated by a white family, a black family has little more than $5 -- a gap just as wide as it was 50 years ago, according to federal statistics cited by the Yale researchers.

[African Americans are the only racial group in U.S. still making less than they did in 2000]

Yet both black and white Americans of all income levels remain profoundly unaware of the economic inequality between the two groups, said the study published in the Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences. The misperceptions could negatively affect public policy as the country grows more diverse, researchers said, with politicians championing misguided legislation rooted in false impressions.

“This is evidence that our beliefs about racial progress and economic equality are fairly inconsistent with reality,” said Jennifer Richeson, a Yale psychology professor who co-wrote the study. “The magnitude of the misperception is shocking, and it’s an obstacle to actually achieving the progress that everyone seems to be celebrating.”

White people are really confident that things are getting better for black people
Nevermind whites.

Keep an eye on your democrats.
https://sheeble.com/are-democrats-ra...initive-guide/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies