Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-12-2019, 10:56 AM

25,737 posts, read 12,815,111 times

Advertisements

I think they would. Why?

In poll after poll, Americans overwhelmingly (80%) want the Southern border enforced. Most want a physical barrier of some kind. Border control agents overwhelmingly want a physical barrier.

I just read that 78% of Americans cannot come up with $1,000 for a family emergency...like no paycheck let's say. Federal workers are likely not very different than the overall population.

Most Federal workers know that $5B is nothing in the grand scheme of things. They see vast sums of money being wasted all the time.

These Federal workers are more likely than the rest of us to see the negative impacts of illegal immigration.

If it were up to them, I think they've vote overwhelmingly to fund a physical barrier of some kind.

Do you? Of course, they don't have any say, but I'm curious how you all think this hypothetical vote would go.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2019, 11:00 AM

18,461 posts, read 7,092,496 times
If they're like most Americans, they'd vote for a 200ft tall, solid gold statue of Trump on the border if it got them their paychecks.

Old 01-12-2019, 11:03 AM

18,983 posts, read 9,075,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post
I think they would. Why?

In poll after poll, Americans overwhelmingly (80%) want the Southern border enforced. Most want a physical barrier of some kind. Border control agents overwhelmingly want a physical barrier.

I just read that 78% of Americans cannot come up with $1,000 for a family emergency...like no paycheck let's say. Federal workers are likely not very different than the overall population.

Most Federal workers know that $5B is nothing in the grand scheme of things. They see vast sums of money being wasted all the time.

These Federal workers are more likely than the rest of us to see the negative impacts of illegal immigration.

If it were up to them, I think they've vote overwhelmingly to fund a physical barrier of some kind.

Do you? Of course, they don't have any say, but I'm curious how you all think this hypothetical vote would go.
The Democrats are offering money to beef up border security, just not a useless wall. But please, cite those polls that you say claim Americans overwhelmingly want a physical wall. I can't wait to see what you come up with.

Federal workers do not want to be pawns in the president's grandstanding. I highly doubt they are supporting the guy who is taking away their livelihood. And rest assured, they, like the majority of Americans, are well aware of who is to blame here.

Old 01-12-2019, 11:04 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,400,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post
I think they would. Why?

Well then, let's SEE poll after poll factually supporting your allegations.

Old 01-12-2019, 11:05 AM

7,308 posts, read 14,693,069 times
My gawd! It's already been determined they'll get back pay for this time. If they don't like it they can always find another job. Our country doesn't exist to serve federal government employees. It's not a national freakin' crisis!!!

Old 01-12-2019, 11:06 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,400,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
If they're like most Americans, they'd vote for a 200ft tall, solid gold statue of Trump on the border if it got them their paychecks.

Nah, my guess is MOST Americans wouldn't let themselves be held hostage by the whims of a spoiled, childish, petulant brat.

Old 01-12-2019, 11:14 AM

Burdell, Here's the 1st one that popped up:

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/timoth...-idea-n2494000

I'll be linking more as I get time to Google it.

Last edited by beach43ofus; 01-12-2019 at 11:31 AM..

Old 01-12-2019, 11:17 AM

Here's another poll that says 54% who support physical and electronic barriers:

Harvard Harris poll didn't find such strong opposition to a border barrier. It found that 54 percent of Americans support "building a combination of physical and electronic barriers across the U.S.-Mexico border."

Old 01-12-2019, 11:19 AM

18,983 posts, read 9,075,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stiffnecked View Post
My gawd! It's already been determined they'll get back pay for this time.
Which doesn't pay their bills or feed their children TODAY.

Quote:
If they don't like it they can always find another job.
Which doesn't pay their bills or feed their children TODAY. Even if they do go this route, might take them a while to find another job, and then they probably have to wait still another few weeks after they do to get their first paycheck. So we're talking maybe another month before they have anything coming in, and that's if they're lucky.

Meanwhile, money they have already earned which could pay their bills and feed their children is being unlawfully withheld from them. But hey, they should just suck it up so the Toddler-In-Chief can have his little tantrum, right?

Quote:
It's not a national freakin' crisis!!!
Exactly right. Someone needs to tell Trump that, so he gets these people back to work.

Old 01-12-2019, 11:20 AM

This one says 80% wantto shut down the border:

https://theharrispoll.com/latest-imm...olls-dont-say/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies