Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-18-2019, 02:50 PM
JRR

8,166 posts, read 5,662,692 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbtornado View Post
was this a joke? LOL
I believe that post was from a supporter of the "covfefe" guy
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2019, 02:52 PM

4,526 posts, read 6,087,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbtornado View Post
was this a joke? LOL

look again you are describing TRUMP AKA DAVID DENNISON

Old 01-18-2019, 02:53 PM

4,526 posts, read 6,087,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
Ya know that old saying, men of quality are not threatened by women of equality. Bush and Obama had no problem with women. Too bad Trump only sees women as sex objects.

feeling sorry for those sex objects (hope they were paid well)

Old 01-18-2019, 02:59 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,018,755 times
It seems the more you folks whine, complain, rant, criticize Pelosi -- there seems to be more support for her out in social media.

I thought she was gracious suggesting the President would never be so petty as to purposefully sabotage her trip by cancelling the govt. plane AND then leaking the travel plans on the commercial airlines. She's no full. She will cut you and you won't even know you are bleeding.

(and as I have pointed out -- I wanted her gone).....

Old 01-18-2019, 03:06 PM

4,139 posts, read 4,529,770 times
Nancy Pelosi is my absolute HERO. She is sticking it to Trump from every direction and he is losing it. To all who like to criticize her, label her senile, etc., she is the only one who has been able to shine the light on trump, for all of his immature behavior. I am proud of the democrats and even some republicans who are standing up to trump and refusing to fund his pet project. Nancy Pelosi is ensuring that trump takes responsibility for this shutdown and the ramifications it is having on the economy. Sit back and watch the show. As the furious child continues to not get his way, we are guaranteed more tantrum antics from the loser in chief. Life is good

Old 01-18-2019, 03:16 PM

34,300 posts, read 15,656,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
Pelosi just sent the sixth bill to Trump to reopen the government.

Careful how you talk about her, BTW. When Mueller gets through she may be your next president. Word to the wise.

I am wise and humble. Proving it is ignoring your advice and recognizing it as a wish.

Old 01-18-2019, 03:31 PM

4,139 posts, read 4,529,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leebeemi View Post
Stop trying to metaphor. It's not serving you well.

I don't live in an ivory tower. I live in a house with a mortgage, I work hard, I raise my kids, and I am nothing near selfish. I am an average American in so many ways, and I am a left-leaning, card-holding Democrat. I am not stupid, I am not unpatriotic, I am not anti-American, I am not uneducated. I don't believe in this "deep state" nonsense, nor do I support this singular wall goal. I do not cede my country to corruption. I do believe we are better than what we are doing now. And I am glad that Nancy Pelosi is representing the interests of me and like-minded Americans.
Wow. Well said!

Old 01-18-2019, 03:52 PM

15,088 posts, read 13,452,870 times
[quote=phma;54183147]
Quote:
I credit Trump for the shut down. No more kicking the can down the road. We need results and whatever it takes to get them is what leadership is really all about.
The way this is supposed to happen per the Constitution is: you get Congress to pass a bill and President to sign it into law (or Congress to override President’s veto).

You couldn’t do that, so you shouldn’t get your big border wall funding. Same as Dems can’t get new gun control or healthcare law passed, so they don’t get that either. Wouldn’t you agree this is the fair, Constitutional way to do these things?

Nowhere does it say in the Constitution “if you don’t get your way, then paralyze basic government functions and take the livelihoods of 800,000 families hostage.”

Why do you not respect the Constitution? Why do you not respect the Will of the People as expressed through our elected representatives?

You support un-American tactics reminiscent of a dictator like Stalin. Why do you hate our country and the Constitutional principles we’ve lived by since the days of our founding fathers?

Old 01-18-2019, 03:57 PM

18,759 posts, read 11,798,566 times
Our Congress was elected with a Democratic majority for a reason. Nancy Pelosi was elected as speaker of the house. Period. The right wingnuts might be upset but oh well. We the people have spoken.

Nancy gas passed a bill to open the government with bipartisan support. The senate passed the bill before Christmas, but Trump refused to sign it. McConnell has since refused to allow any of the house bills to the senate floor for a vote since. That's a fact. McConnell and Trump are not respecting the process by refusing to allow any votes to come to the floor because of Trump's vanity wall that caters to the low information base that want it. This is not how government is supposed to work. It's reprehensible, irresponsible, and this shut down is owned by Trump who bragged that he was proud to do it, and McConnell for being a boot licking, feckless toadie.

Should Pelosi step down after only a couple of weeks? Oh H no. She is doing what the constituents elected Congress to do. The wall is unpopular and viewed as a waste of taxpayer dollars by the majority of the people who elected this new Congress. Presidents don't always get their way and rightfully so. They are not dictators, they work for us. Trump will never be a president for all people, he will only be a president for a shrinking minority. It's untenable. His sinking poll numbers are a reflection of that.

Old 01-18-2019, 04:35 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,634,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leebeemi View Post
Stop trying to metaphor. It's not serving you well.

I don't live in an ivory tower. I live in a house with a mortgage, I work hard, I raise my kids, and I am nothing near selfish. I am an average American in so many ways, and I am a left-leaning, card-holding Democrat. I am not stupid, I am not unpatriotic, I am not anti-American, I am not uneducated. I don't believe in this "deep state" nonsense, nor do I support this singular wall goal. I do not cede my country to corruption. I do believe we are better than what we are doing now. And I am glad that Nancy Pelosi is representing the interests of me and like-minded Americans.
You shouldn't be so selfish. Give then yours, but don't demand I do the same.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies