Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-29-2019, 06:54 PM

6,321 posts, read 7,048,872 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Wave View Post
I generally lean to the right on most issues, but I actually don't believe Obama was a bad President. He certainly wasn't the worst one we've had.

The economy was in horrible shape when Obama entered office, but it improved greatly during his term in the White House. I listen to talk radio a lot and they love to bring up how well the stock market has done since Trump took office, but yet they don't mention how it skyrocketed during Obama's Presidency.

Also, I don't believe Obamacare is a bad thing. People with pre-existing conditions can now get coverage and subsidies allow poorer Americans to get coverage. Personally, I don't mind paying higher premiums for that.

The successful Bin Laden mission happened during Obama's term, as well as thawing of our relationship with Cuba.

I just don't understand how he was a horrible President.
He was part of the Elites. And he took good care of them, while dissing the American people.

He brought in the Wall Street bankers and told them..."I am the only thing standing between YOU and the American people with their pitchforks".

American workers paid for the bailout for Wall Street with their homes and jobs. Really there were VERY FEW bankers, but millions of Americans that lost their homes and jobs. Obama made the choice to save the bankers.

NOTE....he took over the banks. I was fine with that. That was a good decision, but fire the bankers, and those bankers that committed crimes throw them in jail. Then bring back the banking system under honest management. Obama chose to the criminal bankers over the American people.

He did the same thing with General Motors.

His foreign policy was a disaster.

From Iraq to Libya the Middle East was made into a disaster zone. Don't forget his comment..."tell Vladimir I will have more flexibility after the election". And then sending NO LETHAL weapons to Ukraine!! And the Democrats think Trump is in bed with the Russian!!! At least, President Trump sent weapons to the Ukraine. As bad as Bush II was Obama was much worse.

Absolutely, the worse President since President Buchanan. Do you want more??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2019, 07:55 PM

6,321 posts, read 7,048,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieB.Good
It's sad that there are adults or here who actually believe in a fairytale like American exceptionalism. Like somehow being born within a geographic range granted us superhuman powers.

reply was....

You do not understand what American Exceptionalism means. Don't try to discuss it; you will embarrass yourself.

Read more: Am I the only conservative who thinks Obama was a decent President?

Everybody has their definition of American exceptionalism.

However, to me I discovered when I took my oath of citizenship at the age of 19. The same words were there when I took the oath to become a Federal Employee at 28.

Both Obama and Trump had to say the same words when they became President.

At the age of 19, I did not know what was in the oath until I had to repeat it. But I remember thinking....wow, this is a cool country...very exceptional, very special when I repeated those words.

I happened again when I took the oath of office as a Federal employee at the age of 28,.

And yes, I still think it is exceptional when a President of the United States takes the oath and office and repeats those same words.

Sadly, very, very few American's realize how special those words are....how they make America "exceptional" on this planet.

I looked around a bit in various countries and their oaths.....nowhere did I find those "exceptional" words.

Look it the oaths. IF your a native born American....see the common thread on what makes this country "exceptional".

Hey, if a 19 year old kid from Latin America can figure it out....so should you.

Old 01-29-2019, 08:16 PM

19,029 posts, read 14,209,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
... if you knew anything about history, you would know that Islam actually does have a long tradition of tolerance.
ISLAM has been at war with America from the beginning.

“We took the liberty to make some enquiries concerning the ground of their pretensions to make war upon nations who had done them no injury, and observed that we considered all mankind as our friends who had done us no wrong, nor had given us any provocation. The Ambassador [of Tripoli] answered us that it was founded on the Laws of their Prophet, that it was written in their Koran, that all nations who should not have acknowledged their authority were sinners, that it was their right and duty to make war upon them wherever they could be found, and to make slaves of all they could take as Prisoners, and that every Musselman who should be slain in battle was sure to go to Paradise.”
- - - Thomas Jefferson, Letter from the commissioners (John Adams, Thomas Jefferson) to John Jay, 28 March 1786, in Thomas Jefferson Travels: Selected Writings, 1784-1789, by Anthony Brandt, pp. 104-105.

https://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Thomas_Jefferson

(Digest version : We consider all mankind as our friends. Their response : It is their right and duty to make war upon all infidels, and make slaves of all they could take as prisoners.)

“The precept of the koran is, perpetual war against all who deny, that Mahomet is the prophet of God. The vanquished may purchase their lives, by the payment of tribute; the victorious may be appeased by a false and delusive promise of peace; and the faithful follower of the prophet, may submit to the imperious necessities of defeat: but the command to propagate the Moslem creed by the sword is always obligatory, when it can be made effective. The commands of the prophet may be performed alike, by fraud, or by force.”
- - - John Quincy Adams, 6th American President
https://www.apologeticspress.org/apc...7&article=1142

(Digest version : Koran imposes perpetual war against infidels. Convert, dhimmi, or die... no other option.)

Perhaps you need to read a "new" history that hasn't been spin doctored with false accusations and lame excuses.
And Obama was a most awful president, and did the bidding of his financiers... the ones who bought him his Senate seat, IgNobel prize, and paid for sealing his records.

Old 01-29-2019, 08:18 PM

4,345 posts, read 2,166,420 times
Quote:
I generally lean to the right on most issues, but I actually don't believe Obama was a bad President. He certainly wasn't the worst one we've had.

The economy was in horrible shape when Obama entered office, but it improved greatly during his term in the White House. I listen to talk radio a lot and they love to bring up how well the stock market has done since Trump took office, but yet they don't mention how it skyrocketed during Obama's Presidency.

Also, I don't believe Obamacare is a bad thing. People with pre-existing conditions can now get coverage and subsidies allow poorer Americans to get coverage. Personally, I don't mind paying higher premiums for that.

The successful Bin Laden mission happened during Obama's term, as well as thawing of our relationship with Cuba.

He was horrible and your conservative credentials are questionable......

Old 01-29-2019, 08:35 PM

15,754 posts, read 7,596,932 times
Quote:

Quote:
Also, I don't believe Obamacare is a bad thing
So mandates are a okay ... ?

Do you remember the apology tour?

Because of how it was handled we have conspiracy theories that Laden is still alive.

57 states in our union ...

The officers acted stupidly ...

That's all I got off the top of my head. But I do like to listen to his speeches, because he makes the funniest off handed comments.

Watch Highlight Reel of Obama’s Most Embarrassing Moments

Old 01-30-2019, 10:34 AM

1,018 posts, read 511,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chopchop0 View Post
Trayvon Martin got killed by a gun nut with a chip in his shoulder. Lol. BLM =/= kkk except to right wingers who don't understand the point of blm

A neighborhood watch man, ya know, the guy who is supposed to watch the neighborhood was doing his job. The neighborhood had seen a spike in burglaries recently and Zimmerman saw Trayvon looking suspicious. Trayvon was wearing a hoodie, walking very close to houses, it was after dark, etc. If you look at Taryvon's previous record, you'd see why he was living there in the first place. When Zimmerman asked Trayvon where he was and what he was doing, Trayvon asked him if he had a problem and took him to the ground, slamming his head in the concrete sidewalk, in which Zimmerman pulled out his firearm and shot Trayvon in self defense. You are trying to tell me that if you were getting your head bashed in the sidewalk that you wouldn't have done the same? Get real. Then, Obama has the nerve to say "If I had a son, he'd look like Trayvon." Also, I have had several encounters with police officers, and I am still alive. Maybe it's because I know that bashing someone's head in the ground isn't a good idea.

As far as BLM goes, I'm all for equal rights when it comes to race, but blocking streets and beating people up to make your point isn't the way to go.

Old 01-30-2019, 10:38 AM

850 posts, read 796,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss1234 View Post
A neighborhood watch man, ya know, the guy who is supposed to watch the neighborhood was doing his job. The neighborhood had seen a spike in burglaries recently and Zimmerman saw Trayvon looking suspicious. Trayvon was wearing a hoodie, walking very close to houses, it was after dark, etc. If you look at Taryvon's previous record, you'd see why he was living there in the first place. When Zimmerman asked Trayvon where he was and what he was doing, Trayvon asked him if he had a problem and took him to the ground, slamming his head in the concrete sidewalk, in which Zimmerman pulled out his firearm and shot Trayvon in self defense. You are trying to tell me that if you were getting your head bashed in the sidewalk that you wouldn't have done the same? Get real. Then, Obama has the nerve to say "If I had a son, he'd look like Trayvon."

As far as BLM goes, I'm all for equal rights when it comes to race, but blocking streets and beating people up to make your point isn't the way to go.
Zimmerman was also again arrested for another incident for aggravated assault.

Old 01-30-2019, 10:40 AM

16,352 posts, read 8,097,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss1234 View Post
A neighborhood watch man, ya know, the guy who is supposed to watch the neighborhood was doing his job. The neighborhood had seen a spike in burglaries recently and Zimmerman saw Trayvon looking suspicious. Trayvon was wearing a hoodie, walking very close to houses, it was after dark, etc. If you look at Taryvon's previous record, you'd see why he was living there in the first place. When Zimmerman asked Trayvon where he was and what he was doing, Trayvon asked him if he had a problem and took him to the ground, slamming his head in the concrete sidewalk, in which Zimmerman pulled out his firearm and shot Trayvon in self defense. You are trying to tell me that if you were getting your head bashed in the sidewalk that you wouldn't have done the same? Get real. Then, Obama has the nerve to say "If I had a son, he'd look like Trayvon." Also, I have had several encounters with police officers, and I am still alive. Maybe it's because I know that bashing someone's head in the ground isn't a good idea.

Are you aware of Zimmerman's record since the Trayvon Martin case?

Old 01-30-2019, 10:41 AM

1,018 posts, read 511,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by r small View Post
Are you aware of Zimmerman's record since the Trayvon Martin case?

I disagree with his record after the incident, yes, but he was justified as far as Trayvon's killing. Like Darren Wilson was justified for Michael Brown.

Old 01-30-2019, 10:43 AM

32,816 posts, read 19,488,320 times
Quote:

1. so you generally lean right..yet your handle is blue wave.....hmmm sorry but I doubt you have ever voted for someone on the right

2. Obama was ok as a president, but definitely towards the bottom of the pack
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies