Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-24-2019, 07:54 AM

52,706 posts, read 34,534,911 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dman72 View Post
I've always had a "this will all pass" mentality about the direction we are heading ...up until this point. I'm starting to lose hope after the reactions to this incident.

The entrenchments on both sides seem to just be too much to overcome. The difference in viewpoint between the mostly left social media feed I have and the right on this is so stark, it really brings into question what the hell we are all seeing....is any of it even real?

So many people have gone into this with a narrative, and simply come out on the other side with that same narrative, regardless of evidence. In this case, I really think the left needs to stop trying to justify their reaction to this...and a few people have...only to be castigated by others for doing so. If you see a MAGA hat as a white hood, I guess there isn't really any other choice. The kids a white supremacist so he has to be destroyed, regardless of what happened.

Now, some of these kids were tomahawk chopping and mocking...there's no question they weren't all just standing their stoically. That isn't cool and someone should be sitting them down and correcting it. But at this point...we really just have to move on. All the left has managed to do here is get more center people convinced that they are unhinged about anything Trump related.
that's the thing. the rabid SJW set is so unhinged at the mere sight of a MAGA hat that they go into 'kill' mode like a rabid pit bull. it's a switch that can't be turned off.

Old 01-24-2019, 07:55 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,605,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchoc View Post
He is a Viet Nam era vet. The rest I can not speak for.
Stolen Valor! He didn't get close to Nam, as he said he did.

Old 01-24-2019, 07:57 AM

18,069 posts, read 18,807,837 times
Quote:
From the video I saw some of the native Americans did say something to the nutty black dudes. "Why are you so angry?"or "why do you have so much hate" or something like that.
Yea, mumbling from 20 feet away...so, why not walk up to the group of adult blacks that were yelling the racial and foul language at the kids? Why did Phillips, an adult, not confront the adults in the black group who were the ones actually making such remarks, but approached kids who were doing nothing other than standing there? Why not even approach the adults that were with the kids?

It was not like the kids were blocking the street or something, they were part of a legal protest, gathering, that occurs about the same time every damn year.

Old 01-24-2019, 07:57 AM

1,874 posts, read 817,802 times
he wasn't victimized by anyone. he is a scumbag opportunist. he should go back to drinking firewater on his porch

Old 01-24-2019, 07:59 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,605,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Mr. Phillips is hitting all the characteristic components of the offended left wing liberal:

1. he is a minority

2. he has failed in life

3. he has been victimized by white male teenagers

4. he has been victimized by the Catholic Church

5. As a result of the above, he needs money and the white males lives need to be ruined.

https://dailycaller.com/2019/01/23/n...ica-covington/

They must distribute scripts to all libs in which one simply fills in the blanks for the role of "victim" and "oppressor". Sometimes they get those roles confused when they fill out the forms, as it appears as though was the case with Mr. Phillips
"I forgive them" - Nathan Phillips

Forgive them for what?
Exposing you as a lying scumbag commie activist.

Old 01-24-2019, 08:00 AM

23,654 posts, read 17,504,702 times
https://www.dailywire.com/news/42474...aign=mattwalsh

Lawyer For Covington Kids Threatens To Sue NYT For 'Obvious Libel'; People Line Up To Help

Old 01-24-2019, 08:00 AM

10,098 posts, read 4,085,432 times
Quote:
I've always had a "this will all pass" mentality about the direction we are heading ...up until this point. I'm starting to lose hope after the reactions to this incident.

The entrenchments on both sides seem to just be too much to overcome. The difference in viewpoint between the mostly left social media feed I have and the right on this is so stark, it really brings into question what the hell we are all seeing....is any of it even real?

So many people have gone into this with a narrative, and simply come out on the other side with that same narrative, regardless of evidence. In this case, I really think the left needs to stop trying to justify their reaction to this...and a few people have...only to be castigated by others for doing so. If you see a MAGA hat as a white hood, I guess there isn't really any other choice. The kids a white supremacist so he has to be destroyed, regardless of what happened.

Now, some of these kids were tomahawk chopping and mocking...there's no question they weren't all just standing their stoically. That isn't cool and someone should be sitting them down and correcting it. But at this point...we really just have to move on. All the left has managed to do here is get more center people convinced that they are unhinged about anything Trump related.
Yes. I totally agree.

I'm almost 40 years old now...and I hope I live to see how bad it gets (well, I kind of don't....but I really do).

I honestly hope the country splits entirely up. And I seriously mean that. I don't want to live in this progressive (regressive) trash heap that it's becoming...this whole "diversity" garbage that is force-fed to us nowadays was built on lies.

I don't see it ending good in any way anymore (If I ever did). Saul Alinsky's 'Rules For Radicals' are now in full effect, and there is no turning back from it.

Old 01-24-2019, 08:01 AM

1,874 posts, read 817,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
I'm sure if those were Muslim school children and a white male Christian it would have been viewed quite differently by conservatives.
you mean if the muslim school children were the ones being harrassed. it probably would since that's the exact opposite of what actually happened.

Old 01-24-2019, 08:02 AM

13,510 posts, read 17,030,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxus View Post
Yea, mumbling from 20 feet away...so, why not walk up to the group of adult blacks that were yelling the racial and foul language at the kids? Why did Phillips, an adult, not confront the adults in the black group who were the ones actually making such remarks, but approached kids who were doing nothing other than standing there? Why not even approach the adults that were with the kids?

It was not like the kids were blocking the street or something, they were part of a legal protest, gathering, that occurs about the same time every damn year.
One thing I'd like to point out...you put kids out there to protest aren't you kinda removing some of the right to say "they're just kids" out of it? One of the reasons I'll criticize the adults who were handling these kids.

I've consistently stated that the lefts narrative on this has been false, but it's something to at least consider. You send a bunch of 15 year olds to protest a contentious subject and try to play it off as a field trip where they got ambushed...not quite accurate.

Old 01-24-2019, 08:03 AM

57,238 posts, read 26,182,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacobo1 View Post
you mean if the muslim school children were the ones being harrassed. it probably would since that's the exact opposite of what actually happened.
If that was a Muslim youth starring into a white senior citizens face you would have reacted the same.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies