Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-24-2019, 07:42 PM

7,293 posts, read 4,101,759 times

Advertisements

An infant in Louisiana had a seizure after being breastfed. The mother, after confessing that she had smoked pot, was arrested and charged with second-degree cruelty to a juvenile and child desertion. Bail has been set at $125,000.

She was not charged with possession of marijuana, therefore I assume that she was not in possession of marijuana.

I can't find any credible study that has determined that THC in breastmilk causes seizures.

https://www.theadvocate.com/baton_ro...12c348b3c.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2019, 07:43 PM

1,066 posts, read 630,852 times
I dont care about the science or not, she's a crap parent and hope she suffers the consequences and gets hit with the book.

Old 01-24-2019, 07:46 PM

25,598 posts, read 17,329,689 times
Marijuana is illegal in Louisiana except for medicinal use. Non-patients may not possess it or use it.
Even medicinal marijuana may not be smoked in Louisiana.
https://weedlex.com/tags/louisiana

That stupid mother has lots of problems.

Old 01-24-2019, 07:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreedomPenguin View Post
I dont care about the science or not, she's a crap parent and hope she suffers the consequences and gets hit with the book.
It's not advisable to drink alcohol, take certain prescription medications, or smoke cigarettes while breastfeeding either.

Do you think that a mother who does should be arrested if her child has a seizure?

Old 01-24-2019, 07:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
Marijuana is illegal in Louisiana except for medicinal use. Non-patients may not possess it or use it.
Even medicinal marijuana may not be smoked in Louisiana.
https://weedlex.com/tags/louisiana

That stupid mother has lots of problems.
She was not arrested for possession or for use.

Old 01-24-2019, 07:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AguaDulce View Post
It's not advisable to drink alcohol, take certain prescription medications, or smoke cigarettes while breastfeeding either.

Do you think that a mother who does should be arrested if her child has a seizure?

Shouldn't be an awful mother, no sympathy for her. Hope they make an example out of her for future pot smokers and nursing.
Guy below me posted the baby tested positive for pot, absolutely disgraceful. The mother is the nutrient provider, you feed your body drugs and unhealthy things, you should be charged til that baby doesn't need your nutrition anymore. Lets get our babies addicted, damaged and ruin before they even have a chance to learn and have a good life.

I believe there's a strong correlation of the things a mother eats and what the baby gets. I see massive overweight mothers chowing down on mcdonalds with these 100lb bowling ball babies or kids three times a regular child due to obesity, this is no different.

Old 01-24-2019, 07:57 PM

19,854 posts, read 12,127,453 times
The child tested positive for marijuana. Yes, the POS mother should be arrested.

Old 01-24-2019, 08:03 PM

It's clear that the mother does not use good judgment. But should she be arrested?

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention is the leading national public health institute of the United States. Here's what they say about this:

"Data on the effects of marijuana exposure to the infant through breastfeeding are limited and conflicting. To limit potential risk to the infant, breastfeeding mothers who use marijuana should be encouraged to abstain from or significantly reduce marijuana use."

https://www.cdc.gov/breastfeeding/br...marijuana.html

Old 01-24-2019, 08:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreedomPenguin View Post
I believe there's a strong correlation of the things a mother eats and what the baby gets. I see massive overweight mothers chowing down on mcdonalds with these 100lb bowling ball babies or kids three times a regular child due to obesity, this is no different.
Should these massive overweight mothers also be arrested?

Old 01-24-2019, 08:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AguaDulce View Post
Should these massive overweight mothers also be arrested?
In my opinion, yes they are ruining their kids. Will they be? no, unhealthy food isn't a DRUG Unfortunately. Poor obese kids. The mother here was doing drugs and inadvertently drugging their child., I feel awful when I see these kids who can barely walk because they look like a boulder. Another strain on the tax payer, disability, no ability to hold any jobs with any physical labor, strain on medical expenses. Life goes on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies