Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-29-2019, 03:03 PM

37,205 posts, read 19,210,527 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FarRight View Post
https://www.wfaa.com/article/news/95...b-5418dbd3f5d4

And 58,000 have voted at least once since 1996. Nope no need for voter id laws....no border wall,no voter id...anyone grasping the point of all this yet? They can't get you to vote for them so they will just replace us.
Sounds to me like the republicans in Texas are Big Time worried.

My question is, who registered non-citizens, even if this article is true (which I doubt)? They didn't register themselves.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2019, 03:08 PM

7,184 posts, read 4,768,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FarRight View Post
https://www.wfaa.com/article/news/95...b-5418dbd3f5d4

And 58,000 have voted at least once since 1996. Nope no need for voter id laws....no border wall,no voter id...anyone grasping the point of all this yet? They can't get you to vote for them so they will just replace us.
So, you just got on c-d and you’re already parroting Trumps’s made up stories?

What I’m grasping is an intent to disseminate misinformation and trolling.

Old 01-29-2019, 03:28 PM

41,813 posts, read 51,059,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Florida had about 182,000 names that were weak matches like this. When they finally removed duplicate names, and people who had been naturalized (65K/year in Texas in fact!)....it was down to 2,600. When they investigate those 2,600 people.....It dropped to 85 people.

Reference? Around the same time there was more than 100 people found by a TV station in one small Florida county simply by comparing jury questionnaires and voting rolls so that number of 85 is dubious to say the least.

Furthermore the State of Florida was blocked by DHS and the DOJ from utilizing the SAVE database which contains the most up to date and accurate information on legal immigrants. They eventually reached a compromised for limited use. e.g. they would need specific circumstance for checking it. Why would the Obama administration try and prevent Florida from getting accurate information?

Old 01-29-2019, 04:10 PM

7,605 posts, read 4,846,404 times
This type of investigation has occurred in multiple states. I've yet to see one hold up yet. The record continues in Texas. Here is a report by Fox news.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/tex...lly-overstated

But on Tuesday, reports surfaced that local election officials were told by state elections administrators that some of the names were included "in error," in part because many individuals whose names appeared on the list may have become naturalized citizens and therefore cast legal ballots.
But Dallas County Elections Administrator Toni Pippins-Poole said Tuesday that state officials told her they'd discovered that some voters on the list previously provided proof of citizenship.
Near Austin, Williamson County Election Administrator Chris Davis says the state also called him. He says there is a "significant" number of voters whose citizenship is no longer in question.
Even Republican Texas Attorney General Ken Paxton, a Trump ally who said last week his office was ready to prosecute cases, told supporters in a fundraising email that "many of these individuals may have been naturalized before registering and voting, which makes their conduct perfectly legal."
Lisa Wise, the election administer in El Paso County along the U.S.-Mexico border, said she received a list of 4,100 potential noncitizens. She said her office would investigate, but that after a first scan she could tell all of the names wouldn't hold up.
Wise said that at naturalization ceremonies for new U.S. citizens, her office registers between 150 and 200 to people alone.
"Anything is possible," she said. "But I can tell just from our list, and I don't know what anyone else's looks like, but I can tell that universe is going to continue to shrink."

Old 01-29-2019, 04:24 PM

4,445 posts, read 1,450,383 times
Step 1: After a period of time, cancel public benefits for any illegal who votes and cannot prove their citizenship. That will stop the vote harvesters from filling out peoples' ballots because they will effectively be destroying their constituency.

Old 01-29-2019, 04:51 PM

9,019 posts, read 14,293,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncguy50 View Post
Step 1: After a period of time, cancel public benefits for any illegal who votes and cannot prove their citizenship. That will stop the vote harvesters from filling out peoples' ballots because they will effectively be destroying their constituency.
Illegals don't get public benefits.

Old 01-29-2019, 04:57 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,878,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
It’s a process to send them to prison ... but that is what the Texas AG has been doing.
It’s the only way to stop the Voter Fraud ... Prison Time.

Prison for those who vote fraudulently and prison for those who knowingly facilitate it.
That report has not really been validated for accuracy
Some of the names come from elections 30 yrs ago
The TX AG is just looking to make a name for himself with the alt right Trumpistas...

He is not much of an attorney since I wouldn't trust his morals or his legal knowledge

Old 01-29-2019, 05:01 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,878,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamSmyth View Post
This type of investigation has occurred in multiple states. I've yet to see one hold up yet. The record continues in Texas. Here is a report by Fox news.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/tex...lly-overstated

But on Tuesday, reports surfaced that local election officials were told by state elections administrators that some of the names were included "in error," in part because many individuals whose names appeared on the list may have become naturalized citizens and therefore cast legal ballots.
But Dallas County Elections Administrator Toni Pippins-Poole said Tuesday that state officials told her they'd discovered that some voters on the list previously provided proof of citizenship.
Near Austin, Williamson County Election Administrator Chris Davis says the state also called him. He says there is a "significant" number of voters whose citizenship is no longer in question.
Even Republican Texas Attorney General Ken Paxton, a Trump ally who said last week his office was ready to prosecute cases, told supporters in a fundraising email that "many of these individuals may have been naturalized before registering and voting, which makes their conduct perfectly legal."
Lisa Wise, the election administer in El Paso County along the U.S.-Mexico border, said she received a list of 4,100 potential noncitizens. She said her office would investigate, but that after a first scan she could tell all of the names wouldn't hold up.
Wise said that at naturalization ceremonies for new U.S. citizens, her office registers between 150 and 200 to people alone.
"Anything is possible," she said. "But I can tell just from our list, and I don't know what anyone else's looks like, but I can tell that universe is going to continue to shrink."
The GOP in TX has a shameful history of voter suppression and gerrymandering
Voters in TX who vote for them should be disenfranchised because the GOP does not really believe in the democratic process of allowing eligible citizens to actually vote--and each vote is equally weighted...

I know
I have been a registered voter in TX since I was 21 and that was the legal voting age...

Old 01-29-2019, 05:20 PM

230 posts, read 94,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EDnurse View Post
So, you just got on c-d and you’re already parroting Trumps’s made up stories?

What I’m grasping is an intent to disseminate misinformation and trolling.
Don't start whining because you don't like the stories the local news printed mmk? Its so unbecoming of an adult.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyyc View Post
Illegals don't get public benefits.
Wanna bet? I know for a fact they do.

Old 01-29-2019, 05:36 PM

34,279 posts, read 19,375,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
Reference? Around the same time there was more than 100 people found by a TV station in one small Florida county simply by comparing jury questionnaires and voting rolls so that number of 85 is dubious to say the least.

Furthermore the State of Florida was blocked by DHS and the DOJ from utilizing the SAVE database which contains the most up to date and accurate information on legal immigrants. They eventually reached a compromised for limited use. e.g. they would need specific circumstance for checking it. Why would the Obama administration try and prevent Florida from getting accurate information?
https://www.nbcmiami.com/news/local/...151212725.html

Thats a decent reference for it all I think, it has both the initial report, and a update from the editor covering the reality. I can find the Trump Jr post if thats what you wanted. Let me know.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies