Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-26-2019, 12:23 AM

2,919 posts, read 3,201,996 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hefe View Post
I don't think Trump will resign, though he might seek a medical deferment again. Right now an elite team of FBI technicians are customizing a tiny pair of handcuffs for 2020 use.
Oh no not another liberal New Yorker!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2019, 12:42 AM

12,275 posts, read 7,172,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arabianhorsebreeder View Post
Have they really? To repeat my response on another thread:

I think Trump played the democrats like a fiddle, lol! Think about it, if the left doesn't negotiate and Trump invokes the Emergency order, everything he offered is off the table and he gets at least $7 billion for the wall. No DACA relief, no amnesty, no nothing. Pelosi and Schumer are idiots.
And next time the Dems take office, they'll do the same to either take down the wall, or do something else conservatives will hate, like enact universal healthcare.

The National Emergency Order is meant for truly dire circumstances, like Pearl Harbor or 9/11. It's not meant to be a playing card to get your way when all else fails.

So if Trump supporters really want to prevent the Dems from acting like dictators, Trump should not set the precedent.

Old 01-26-2019, 01:43 AM

38,652 posts, read 26,462,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arabianhorsebreeder View Post
Have they really? To repeat my response on another thread:

I think Trump played the democrats like a fiddle, lol! Think about it, if the left doesn't negotiate and Trump invokes the Emergency order, everything he offered is off the table and he gets at least $7 billion for the wall. No DACA relief, no amnesty, no nothing. Pelosi and Schumer are idiots.
That's a big "if", but if he does take matters into his own hands (nothing I recommend, btw), then he will get everything he wanted, but I think he could pay a political price.

His base isn't like the left's base.

Trump's supporters support the Constitution, even if Democrats don't, and declaring an emergency to get around congress might not be well received.

Old 01-26-2019, 01:50 AM

24,863 posts, read 9,618,611 times
Why do liberals want Trump to resign?

Didn't they tell us Mueller has "indictments in hand" ready to "lock Trump up?"

There's one thing you can bet Trump won't do, and that's resign.

Old 01-26-2019, 01:54 AM

447 posts, read 209,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by folkguitarist555 View Post
Go watch your hero Rachel Maddow on TV. Wait... Is that you Rachel Maddow??
Not a fan of Rachel.

I liked Trump on The Apprentice. Reality Tv is my thang. As president? Not so much.

Old 01-26-2019, 02:26 AM

515 posts, read 561,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xboxmas View Post
You are still in denial that he is your president. Hillary was supposed to CREAM him in 2016, remember?
No she wasn't. At best, she was a 2-3 point favorite. In fact, the only reason I went out to vote for her was because it was way too close of a race. I couldn't believe people were acting like she had already won, the polls were almost at a dead tie.

Old 01-26-2019, 02:55 AM

2,645 posts, read 1,854,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyBratty View Post
Not a fan of Rachel.

I liked Trump on The Apprentice. Reality Tv is my thang. As president? Not so much.
I agree. I liked trump when he was on the Apprentice. He lost me when he made fun of the reporter, with a disability. The downward spiral continued, when he chose to cut up his opponents, as he rose to the top of the primary, like sour cream.

Really think he should resign, to MAGA. He is in over his head. That old saying that anyone can grow up to be president.............."grow up," that is a big qualification. Add empathy and critical thinking, there are many skills that are required for president and commander in chief.

Holding your employees hostage for leverage to bargain is way over the top. Hopefully, a law will be passed to never put our government on hold while presidents and congress play in the sandbox.

Old 01-26-2019, 03:06 AM

8,272 posts, read 11,051,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
No, he won't be.

His base backed him when he was rude and angry and off-putting.

They're not backing him now that he's whimpering away.
It's the independents that are walking away in droves. The diehards will always be there.

Old 01-26-2019, 03:06 AM

11,126 posts, read 5,626,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hornraider View Post
No she wasn't. At best, she was a 2-3 point favorite. In fact, the only reason I went out to vote for her was because it was way too close of a race. I couldn't believe people were acting like she had already won, the polls were almost at a dead tie.

The American voters learned a bitter lesson about being too confident about a candidate and not bothering to show up at the polls. I think it will be quite a while before that mistake is made again. You can see by the landslide win that gave the Democrats the House last fall, that the message got through.

Old 01-26-2019, 05:40 AM

27,738 posts, read 28,853,639 times
Why would President Trump resign now?

He’s just getting started.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies