Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-07-2019, 07:40 AM

27,191 posts, read 13,482,880 times

Advertisements

Just when you thought things couldn't possible become even more stupid, a man is now taking legal action against his parents, laiming they had him instead of a pet and as entertainment and that giving birth without consent is entitlement by the parents.

Mr Sameul wants to be make it illegal to have children without first consulting the child thereby gradually depopulating the world, leading to the end of the human race and all human related misery and suffering. Plus according to the case it will be beneficial to the planet and environment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBC News

A 27-year-old Indian man plans to sue his parents for giving birth to him without his consent.

Mumbai businessman Raphael Samuel told the BBC that it's wrong to bring children into the world because they then have to put up with lifelong suffering.

Mr Samuel, of course, understands that our consent can't be sought before we are born, but insists that "it was not our decision to be born".

So as we didn't ask to be born, we should be paid for the rest of our lives to live, he argues.

Mr Samuel's belief is rooted in what's called anti-natalism - a philosophy that argues that life is so full of misery that people should stop procreating immediately.
This, he says, would gradually phase out humanity from the Earth and that would also be so much better for the planet.

"There's no point to humanity. So many people are suffering. If humanity is extinct, Earth and animals would be happier. They'll certainly be better off. Also no human will then suffer. Human existence is totally pointless."

A year ago, he created a Facebook page, Nihilanand, which features posters that show his images with a huge fake beard, an eye-mask and anti-natalist messages like "Isn't forcing a child into this world and forcing it to have a career, kidnapping, and slavery?" Or, "Your parents had you instead of a toy or a dog, you owe them nothing, you are their entertainment."

India - man to sue parents for giving birth to him - BBC News

Last edited by Brave New World; 02-07-2019 at 07:53 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2019, 07:47 AM

52,697 posts, read 34,579,481 times
this guy definitely has some issues.

Old 02-07-2019, 07:48 AM

24,502 posts, read 17,250,696 times
If he finds life to be such a burden it is easy enough to fix that and since he is from India he might just believe in reincarnation so there is that.

If he does check out of this world maybe he could leave his organs for people that want to live?

He sounds so bitter and angry. What a whacko. His parents must be so proud.

Old 02-07-2019, 07:48 AM

8,447 posts, read 4,756,035 times
I heard about this and at first I thought it was ridiculous, but after thinking about it, if I were born in India I might sue my parents too.

Old 02-07-2019, 07:51 AM

5,302 posts, read 2,357,140 times
The only thing he was owed was for his parents to care for him until he was able to care for himself. He isn’t owed for his entire life.

He’s right that he never chose to be born, but there’s no way for the parents to know if their future child will want to live or not. Most will, and you’d be denying them life.

So yeah, he can definitely change the fact that he exists...wouldn’t advise it though.

Old 02-07-2019, 07:53 AM

6,835 posts, read 2,403,449 times
This is really stupid. By this logic, most to all of the children in this world would be suing their parents.

Old 02-07-2019, 07:54 AM

27,191 posts, read 13,482,880 times
Remember parents a SJW is for life, and you can't ger rid of it. So use a contraception rather than have an entitled ungrateful little brat.

Old 02-07-2019, 07:59 AM

17,005 posts, read 12,600,110 times
His parents should sue him for the severe embarassment of having such a stupid POS kid.

Old 02-07-2019, 07:59 AM

8,299 posts, read 3,816,223 times
These things don't phase me anymore. After reading about stories in FL, and Brexit in UK... It just doesn't hit me as much. These things probably always happened... we just hear about it more.

Old 02-07-2019, 08:01 AM

8,299 posts, read 3,816,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottomobeale View Post
His parents should sue him for the severe embarassment of having such a stupid POS kid.
POS kid is almost always the result of POS parents. Either way, this is stupid. I'm a bit surprised to see you encouraging such behavior.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies