Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-06-2019, 11:34 AM

20,955 posts, read 8,674,856 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheesemont View Post
Protect the view that our country was founded on, the view held by most Americans and, really, every moral person: the views of Christianity. If promoting one religion is unavoidable, let's at least promote the right one. Let's do it now.
So does T. Jefferson having sex and children with his slaves...or B. Franklin chasing women all over the world and taking opium.....do those types of things reflect Christian views?

How about slavery? That was a really big one for all the Founders South of the Mason Dixon line?

I'm just wondering exactly what part of the Founders one would accept - and which they would call immoral??

Old 02-06-2019, 11:35 AM

958 posts, read 304,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmyy View Post
OP wants a theocracy just like another unnamed poster on here.

You worship your God and let the us of enjoy our freedom to do what we want.
Your leftwing government isn't allowing Christians their freedom. You seem to fine with following your atheist religion, while we can't follow ours.

Old 02-06-2019, 11:36 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,389,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by corpgypsy View Post
Yes, burdell, your age is showing; as is mine. All Fridays were meat free, not only during Lent. Do you recall fasting after midnight as necessary before communion? Women had to cover their heads whenever stepping into a church. Women forbidden to step foot in the altar area, except to clean it. Masses always in Latin.

I remember the bolded but not the part of women forbidden to step foot in the altar area. What gets me now is apparently you can eat a cow on Friday and still be in the church's good graces. Small wonder I now consider myself a recovering Catholic.

Old 02-06-2019, 11:37 AM

7,235 posts, read 7,038,880 times
Quote:
Your leftwing government isn't allowing Christians their freedom. You seem to fine with following your atheist religion, while we can't follow ours.
You are free to abstain from masturbation as much as you want! I hereby decree it!

Old 02-06-2019, 11:37 AM

Quote:

WHat specific freedoms has government taken from Christians?

Old 02-06-2019, 11:38 AM

20,871 posts, read 9,536,978 times
Quote:
I'm a Christian, and I feel completely unobstructed.

Old 02-06-2019, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
1) IT IS NOT being forced on anyone. It's simple: Don't believe in abortion? DON'T have one! BTW, NICE job of conveniently ignoring we ALL also deal with the fallout and consequences of unwanted children being brought into the world.

2) WHAT makes you believe your judgement of morality should be everyone's standard?

3) By your (il)logic, since the law allows alcohol & tobacco, is everyone having alcohol &N tobacco forced on them?
Of course immorality and bad law affect the entire community, even if only some participate. I gave the example of the HIV epidemic in America.

Old 02-06-2019, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Bond 007 View Post
Then, once again, you need to tell us you want the establishment clause eliminated.

I also already gave a list of countries where Roman Catholicism is the official religion. Why don't you move to one of them if you don't like it here?
So you can't tell me how I'm wrong?

Old 02-06-2019, 11:41 AM

Quote:
Of course immorality and bad law affect the entire community, even if only some participate. I gave the example of the HIV epidemic in America.

But you have yet to give a good, logical example.

Old 02-06-2019, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
constitutional amendment that says "No law shall violate Christian teaching"

Absurd.

Soon afterward we would have amendments that said "No law shall violate Buddhist teaching", "No law shall violate Aboriginal American traditional religious teaching", and then "No law shall violate Muslim teaching".

We must not establish any sort of precedent along these lines, ever. It is foolhardy to even contemplate.
No, the Christian religion should have precedence, since it is impossible for the law not to conflict with some religion. If you have to pick one, pick the best and most popular one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies