Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-06-2019, 09:23 PM

17,810 posts, read 13,713,201 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
She's a real woman, not 'a lifelike figure'. She doesn't look very much like Ivanka either, so I think the whole performance is a flop.
This kind of reminds me of the old carny act......"Six Foot Man Eating Chicken".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2019, 09:35 PM

15,088 posts, read 13,458,676 times
I don't know about the art exhibit, don't really care one way or the other.

But I will say that political figures are fair game for criticism, and if you don't like that then you deserve to go live in some third world dictatorship.

And personally, I say if Ivanka is going to get all the perks of riding the nepotism gravy train, playing "government" with Daddy - looking great on photo ops with foreign leaders, etc - with none of the transparent accountability that comes with an actual value-added job description, then she opened herself to criticism.

None of you can even tell me with a straight face what the hell she does. She "candidly advises" Daddy Trump, but she's never rocked the boat out ever stood independently for anything publicly. She's just there like royalty courtesy of her genetics and didn't do anything real.

Old 02-06-2019, 10:33 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,035,206 times
That violent left creating art to express themselves -- a female vacuuming is offensive...LOL.

Okay -- now y'all have lost it.

Old 02-06-2019, 11:32 PM

29,219 posts, read 22,385,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie gein View Post
This kind of reminds me of the old carny act......"Six Foot Man Eating Chicken".
Yup. The performance is supposed to be ironic, as it's quite likely the real Ivanka has never run a vacuum cleaner in her life.

But irony can be as boring as all getouts, and since most of us have run a vacuum cleaner at least a few times in their life, this is a dud for anyone who isn't up to the moment in lady's high fashion.

The only resemblance to the real Ivanka is the clothes the performer is wearing.

However, since we plebians who never get into Washington D.C. to go gallery hopping are talking about it, the failed performance could actually be a big hit if the gallery is selling paintings and other art like hotcakes.

Art is a business like any other. People have to look at it to buy it, so attention draws interest, and interest sells art. Performance art is like a play- you have to pay to see it, and if you don't like the play, you don't get a refund.
Entrance into the gallery building though, is free, and the cubicle the performance is in is surrounded by walls hung with artwork for sale.

Everybody makes out in the end when the come-on works. Most folks don't go to a big used car sale for the free hot dogs. Same thing, different lure.

This event is in a museum, but museums make big money selling art too. And it costs to get into one.

Old 02-07-2019, 12:06 AM

21,481 posts, read 10,588,412 times
The thing I absolutely hate about modern feminists is how sexist they really are. They’re the biggest hypocrites when it comes to conservative women, pro-life women, pretty women. I remember how shocked I was at the way they treated Sarah Palin when she came on the scene. It was my red pill moment. Not that I’m a huge fan of Palin, but they hated her because she was pro-life, went to different colleges (none of them Ivy League), and called her Caribou Barbie because she was in pageants. They didn’t care that she was a strong woman who went from a small town mayor to governor of a state.

They’re always breaking women down to their body parts or functions. Imagine the Million Man March with a bunch of black men dressed as penises. Who would take them seriously? Yet these women march in vagina costumes and wear ***** hats and carry signs like the one I saw at the last march that said, “ Anything you can do, I can do bleeding.” That’s just gross, not empowering.

I saw one woman with blood on her jeans to make a statement. How can we take these women seriously?

I like powerful women who do things like run businesses, become politicians, join the military, run a ranch, become doctors and lawyers, or even stay at home and raise their children if they want. Not these knuckleheads who run around with their costumes shouting their abortions and claiming that men want to put us all back into the kitchen like the 1950’s.

We can do better!

Last edited by katygirl68; 02-07-2019 at 12:19 AM..

Old 02-07-2019, 06:50 AM

46,307 posts, read 27,131,867 times
LOL, if this had been the last flotus.....it'd be racist, they (the white folk) are trying put you back in chains.....the artist would have been run out of town, and degraded by everyone on the left....

Old 02-07-2019, 06:52 AM

46,307 posts, read 27,131,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
The thing I absolutely hate about modern feminists is how sexist they really are. They’re the biggest hypocrites when it comes to conservative women, pro-life women, pretty women. I remember how shocked I was at the way they treated Sarah Palin when she came on the scene. It was my red pill moment. Not that I’m a huge fan of Palin, but they hated her because she was pro-life, went to different colleges (none of them Ivy League), and called her Caribou Barbie because she was in pageants. They didn’t care that she was a strong woman who went from a small town mayor to governor of a state.

They’re always breaking women down to their body parts or functions. Imagine the Million Man March with a bunch of black men dressed as penises. Who would take them seriously? Yet these women march in vagina costumes and wear ***** hats and carry signs like the one I saw at the last march that said, “ Anything you can do, I can do bleeding.” That’s just gross, not empowering.

I saw one woman with blood on her jeans to make a statement. How can we take these women seriously?

I like powerful women who do things like run businesses, become politicians, join the military, run a ranch, become doctors and lawyers, or even stay at home and raise their children if they want. Not these knuckleheads who run around with their costumes shouting their abortions and claiming that men want to put us all back into the kitchen like the 1950’s.

We can do better!

Well, said, now expect hell from those you went against...

Old 02-07-2019, 07:12 AM

21,481 posts, read 10,588,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Well, said, now expect hell from those you went against...
Meh, I don’t care. I meant every word. I’m more in line with Camilla Paglia type feminists than these third wave feminists.

Old 02-07-2019, 07:55 AM

33,315 posts, read 12,551,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
I don't know about the art exhibit, don't really care one way or the other.

But I will say that political figures are fair game for criticism, and if you don't like that then you deserve to go live in some third world dictatorship.

And personally, I say if Ivanka is going to get all the perks of riding the nepotism gravy train, playing "government" with Daddy - looking great on photo ops with foreign leaders, etc - with none of the transparent accountability that comes with an actual value-added job description, then she opened herself to criticism.

None of you can even tell me with a straight face what the hell she does. She "candidly advises" Daddy Trump, but she's never rocked the boat out ever stood independently for anything publicly. She's just there like royalty courtesy of her genetics and didn't do anything real.

Old 02-07-2019, 09:17 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,569,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sas318 View Post
That's the image you want people to see you as? Someone who vacuums? If you have a public job like she does, and someone decides to make an exhibit about you, and what they saw in their mind was of you vacuuming, which is not even about your work and instead something in your PERSONAL life, you would be happy? You would wonder why they were highlighting something in your personal life and not anything you accomplished in your PUBLIC job. It's insulting. This exhibit is obviously ridiculing her.
It’s obvious you don’t understand the concept of art.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies