Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-07-2019, 09:54 AM

20,955 posts, read 8,682,105 times

Advertisements

Well, here you go!

There were a number of MAGA threads about how Trump was responsible for bringing these jobs back from China.

Firstly, the amount of jobs are tiny (GoPro is now a shell of the company it once was - 80% or more laid off).

Secondly....well, Si Senor, the jobs are going South of the Border!

"The company also announced that it will move its US-bound camera production from China to Guadalajara, Mexico, in the second quarter of this year. The company announced in December that it was moving some production due to the ongoing trade war with China."

Of course, this is going to cost GoPro big...something they really cannot afford, but they feel they must mostly because all the trade "wars" are up in the air. Business needs to know things...not that Trump will create years of chaos because no deal was ever reached.

Speaking of that, markets are down today because the Trump admin admitted any deals with China are far from being done.....
https://www.theverge.com/2019/2/6/18...holiday-season

GoPro is also listed as one of the top prospects for a company to cease operations altogether in 2019. That is, they will probably be folded into another company...my bets are on a Chinese one if any.

Maybe if their CEO didn't make himself the highest paid CEO in the USA....and didn't take a billion from the company (the whole company isn't worth nearly that today), they could have invested and done well. Oh...well....HE did well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2019, 09:57 AM

3,105 posts, read 3,835,606 times
Hard to compete when China steals your IP.

Old 02-07-2019, 09:59 AM

9,576 posts, read 7,338,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
GoPro is also listed as one of the top prospects for a company to cease operations altogether in 2019. That is, they will probably be folded into another company...my bets are on a Chinese one if any.
I could see SZ DJI Technology Co., Ltd. (DJI) out of Shenzhen, China snapping them up in a heartbeat for pennies on the dollar!

Old 02-07-2019, 10:00 AM

14,888 posts, read 10,040,171 times
China is already producing cheap knock off products with stolen Go-Pro IP so it really doesn't matter. The left wing assertion that standing up against China is avoidable just proves how ignorant the liberals in this country are. China doesn't want to play nice nor do they care about American laws, if we don't deal with them now things will just get worse. China has stolen our IP while killing us in trade deals on a massive scale for decades and Donald Trump is one of the first people to actually do something about it.

Old 02-07-2019, 10:00 AM

2,830 posts, read 2,504,535 times
Not ideal, but honestly, I'd rather ALL companies that sell products here in the US move operations to either the US or Mexico.

I trust Mexico far more than I trust China, that's for dang sure.

Old 02-07-2019, 10:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado^ View Post
Hard to compete when China steals your IP.
It's even harder for liberals to comprehend how big of an issue stolen IP is when they don't have much of it in their daily lives.

Orange Man Bad.

Old 02-07-2019, 10:04 AM

2,573 posts, read 3,504,441 times
Probably Trump still WINNING as real Trumpees are so blind

GoPro To Move Most US-Bound Production Out Of China - Will Be Built in US factories instead. Go Trump!

Old 02-07-2019, 10:10 AM

At least we all know that Craig doesn't have a clue what he's talking about.

http://www.city-data.com/forum/54175419-post122.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
It probably won't cost you a dime unless you are a GoPro shareholder. Chances are it won't happen at all - and, if it does, the production will be close by (Taiwan, Indonesia, Vietnam) to where it is now.

One of the many reasons GoPro failed is that you can buy a camera 90% as good for 20% of the price. Chinese made, of course.

In these days of water resistant cell phones with incredible cameras and features, the market for sports cams is tiny. I had a GoPro or two..sold them. I have a $70 Yi that I at least don't feel bad about when it sits around for a year without any use.

Old 02-07-2019, 10:18 AM

2,573 posts, read 3,504,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
At least we all know that Craig doesn't have a clue what he's talking about.

GoPro To Move Most US-Bound Production Out Of China - Will Be Built in US factories instead. Go Trump!

if you read entire thread it is clear Craig knows much more than all Trump supporters combined!

Old 02-07-2019, 10:28 AM

5,756 posts, read 3,999,962 times
A company that does metal finishing for OSCO in my hometown moved back from China ?
They relocated near the new Portsmouth by-pass at Lucasville Ohio.
OSCO Ohio Stove Company is the only grey iron casters in the USA today ...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies