Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-12-2019, 12:24 PM

42,850 posts, read 26,285,621 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
It actually IS common sense to save 4% or even 7% interest on debt rather than to give the Fed Gov an interest free loan. How does that fact confuse you?
It doesn't confuse anyone but why do you have to repeatedly post it in this thread? It's not that profound or interesting. And there are people who forego the 1.5% bank interest rate and over withhold as a means of forced savings, but since you are perfect and have never been poor you probably don't understand that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2019, 12:25 PM

42,850 posts, read 26,285,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
Before Trump became president I paid taxes.
And now you don't? lol did you get laid off or fired?

Old 02-12-2019, 12:48 PM

7,480 posts, read 6,262,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StuartGotts View Post
Just finished my tax returns...

I made more money, paid more in taxes and am getting back 1/3 the amount I got last year!

SOOOOOO HAAAPPPPY your rich 1% buddies got a tax break, they REEEAAAALLY need it.

Congrats however, now I know I'm voting for ANYONE but Trump.
Then here is your candidate, Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez's 70% marginal tax rate

Old 02-12-2019, 12:50 PM

9,727 posts, read 9,730,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
It doesn't confuse anyone but why do you have to repeatedly post it in this thread? It's not that profound or interesting. And there are people who forego the 1.5% bank interest rate and over withhold as a means of forced savings, but since you are perfect and have never been poor you probably don't understand that.
If you must be "forced" to save, you deserve to be poor.

Old 02-12-2019, 12:52 PM

11,337 posts, read 11,043,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by take57 View Post
Hall of Fame material. Chastising tax scofflaws while crowing about benefiting from special interest tax incentives.

Never change, you beautiful clueless wonders...
All income taxes are socially sanctioned theft of money I earned and rightfully own. So all tax advantages available to me are a return of what was already mine.

So I proudly and happily seek to gain back what was stolen from me at every possible legal opportunity. I am happy that Trump’s tax plan contains some of those opportunities.

Old 02-12-2019, 01:01 PM

30,253 posts, read 23,742,275 times
Despite how he does his taxes, the OP seems to be unaware that when you make more money, you do pay more in taxes.

Before I learned the proper way to do taxes, (meaning, stop letting the government hold my money for me), I noticed that any time I got a job that paid more than the previous job, I always ended up paying more and getting less back.

It's because you MADE MORE - how does this simple concept escape you?

Isn't that what the left has been crying about? They want those who make more to pay more? Welp, you got what you wanted, OP! Oh, you didn't expect it to happen to you? Hahahahhahahahahahahhaa!

By the way, you're not fooling anyone - you were never going to vote for Trump.

Old 02-12-2019, 01:03 PM

586 posts, read 314,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StuartGotts View Post
Just finished my tax returns...

I made more money, paid more in taxes and am getting back 1/3 the amount I got last year!

SOOOOOO HAAAPPPPY your rich 1% buddies got a tax break, they REEEAAAALLY need it.

Congrats however, now I know I'm voting for ANYONE but Trump.

Sucks to be you. I'm getting a big refund. Thanks Trump!

Old 02-12-2019, 01:10 PM

7,824 posts, read 4,567,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Paolella View Post
All income taxes are socially sanctioned theft of money I earned and rightfully own. So all tax advantages available to me are a return of what was already mine.

So I proudly and happily seek to gain back what was stolen from me at every possible legal opportunity. I am happy that Trump’s tax plan contains some of those opportunities.
Nice speechifying, but I wonder who will pay for the roads, infrastructure and other government services for those $250K palaces you're hawking in the Garden State if not for taxes?

Don't bother answering because I'm sure it still boils down to "I got mine, the heck with everyone else".

Old 02-12-2019, 01:26 PM

11,337 posts, read 11,043,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by take57 View Post
Nice speechifying, but I wonder who will pay for the roads, infrastructure and other government services for those $250K palaces you're hawking in the Garden State if not for taxes?

Don't bother answering because I'm sure it still boils down to "I got mine, the heck with everyone else".
I am fine with a user fee for roads and infrastructure. EZ Pass technology can take care of that. Or I am fine with a voluntary tax.

Same with police, sewers, fire, courts, etc. I am fine with paying for essential services using a fair methodology based on usage. Or even voluntary taxation. My local police and fire protection can submit the budget, and if I agree to be protected, I pay my share of the price. If I don’t pay, I get a bill and a lien based on their costs when they have to save my a$$. Which is going to be way more expensive than paying the voluntary tax.

What I am not fine with is taking my money against my will and handing it over to people who make bad decisions. Like people who choose to do drugs, or get pregnant with children they cannot afford. Or public schools. Or libraries. Or parks. All of those things are nonessential and can be provided by the free market, with people voluntarily paying for their construction and operation.

Meanwhile, we do not have that system. So if Trump gives me a tax bill that has great deductions for doing business, then I plan to take full advantage and apologize to no one.

And it’s not “you got yours, screw everyone else”. It’s: “I EARNED MINE, and if you want some of it, you have to ASK”.

Old 02-12-2019, 01:36 PM

30,253 posts, read 23,742,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Paolella View Post
I am fine with a user fee for roads and infrastructure. EZ Pass technology can take care of that. Or I am fine with a voluntary tax.

Same with police, sewers, fire, courts, etc. I am fine with paying for essential services using a fair methodology based on usage. Or even voluntary taxation. My local police and fire protection can submit the budget, and if I agree to be protected, I pay my share of the price. If I don’t pay, I get a bill and a lien based on their costs when they have to save my a$$. Which is going to be way more expensive than paying the voluntary tax.

What I am not fine with is taking my money against my will and handing it over to people who make bad decisions. Like people who choose to do drugs, or get pregnant with children they cannot afford. Or public schools. Or libraries. Or parks. All of those things are nonessential and can be provided by the free market, with people voluntarily paying for their construction and operation.

Meanwhile, we do not have that system. So if Trump gives me a tax bill that has great deductions for doing business, then I plan to take full advantage and apologize to no one.

And it’s not “you got yours, screw everyone else”. It’s: “I EARNED MINE, and if you want some of it, you have to ASK”.
In 100% agreement with this. One. Hundred. Percent.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies