Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Are the blackface shoes offensive?
Yes - ban them 2 6.45%
Yes - ban Katy Perry 4 12.90%
Yes , but it's free speech 1 3.23%
No 24 77.42%
Voters: 31. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-12-2019, 03:38 PM

30,251 posts, read 23,723,072 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mascoma View Post
Oh crap. I just googled it.

https://abcnews.go.com/US/story?id=95569&page=1

OUTRAGE!!
Ho - Ly Sh....! Are you joking?

If this is the way the world is going, I no longer fear death. Congratulations, lefties. From the time I was 8 years old, I was very afraid of dying. The left's utter stupidity has cured me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2019, 03:41 PM

6,110 posts, read 4,603,494 times
Facetious interpretation: If the darker shoes are removed, that would be racist because they are implying that only lighter skin people should buy the shoes.

It's a shoe! How do we know it even represents a person? It could be some other creature (half panther/half human).
I don't see how someone could be so silly to even get bent out of shape about this.

Old 02-12-2019, 03:41 PM

11,904 posts, read 5,583,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
I don't know man. Republicans are demanding that Northam be removed from office in Virginia due to his use of blackface.
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
I'm no fan of Team Red (or Team Blue for that matter) but I think in Northam's case Team Red is just trying to hold him to the same standards Team Blue hold their opponents to.

As for this thread...tax shoes! Oh, they're already taxed. Tax them more!
Actually, I believe many of the demands have come from "Team Blue."

Old 02-12-2019, 03:45 PM

2,083 posts, read 1,086,548 times
Again PC leftist over the top pathetic.

Old 02-12-2019, 03:48 PM

30,251 posts, read 23,723,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jowel View Post
Facetious interpretation: If the darker shoes are removed, that would be racist because they are implying that only lighter skin people should buy the shoes.

It's a shoe! How do we know it even represents a person? It could be some other creature (half panther/half human).
I don't see how someone could be so silly to even get bent out of shape about this.
Screw it, let them destroy it all. Can't sell black Barbie dolls anymore, THAT'S BLACKFACE!

We'll go back to a time when only whites were represented, and then they'll start the process all over again after b*tching "why aren't there things for other races?"

Jeezus cripes these people are fricken stupid!.

Old 02-12-2019, 03:49 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,353,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgirl64 View Post
Actually, I believe many of the demands have come from "Team Blue."
Well, Northam is on Team Blue so if he doesn't resign that reflects on all of Team Blue.

That's the beauty of me holding the statists/collectivists to their own rules (and both Team Red and Team Blue fall into that camp). When you identify as a team member you are responsible for everything the team does right and wrong (though I can't for the life of me figure out a single thing either team has ever done right).

You want collectivism Team Red and Team Blue? Here, eat it.

That's my philosophy. no_recess the individual!

Old 02-12-2019, 03:50 PM

18,453 posts, read 7,083,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
Let's get this straight across the board. No black/dark colored faces with big red lips, on anything. I don't know why they don't learn. It harkens back to minstrel shows and it is not acceptable anymore. I can't imagine as a company anyone approving that unless they were actually seeking this type of attention.

Who made this rule and who appointed them the Grand Poobah and sole arbiter of what is or isn't offensive and what images are or aren't taboo?

Most of the people alive who are suddenly "offended" by black face or anything resembling black face weren't even alive when minstrel shows were a thing.

Words and images only hold as much power over you as you allow them to.

Old 02-12-2019, 04:17 PM

11,339 posts, read 16,693,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottomobeale View Post
Ban them for being fugly
Make that double fugly.

Old 02-12-2019, 06:57 PM

36,754 posts, read 14,816,833 times
Ugly-a$$ shoes, but blackface? You've gotta be kidding me.

And the more designers and manufacturers cave in to these ban-biddies, the more of this crap they'll be dealing with.

Old 02-12-2019, 07:23 PM

20,169 posts, read 24,322,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCbaxter View Post
They’re offensively ugly.
That hasn’t stopped the tattoo craze.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies