Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-13-2019, 04:32 PM

83 posts, read 57,738 times

Advertisements

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...jobs-quit.html

Quote:
Sen. Amy Klobuchar would call her former staffers' new employers and try to get the employment offers rescinded, it's been revealed Wednesday as the Democratic presidential candidate deals with fallout from tales she is a bad boss.

More former staffers to the senator are speaking up about what it's like working for her after an initial report she forced aides to wash dishes and was a mean manager of her employees.

Staff told tales of office harassment, including objects thrown, sometimes directly at other people, along with outbursts of anger from the senator.
Wow, what a witch! You definitely don't want to work for her!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2019, 04:35 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,527,236 times
Per the Daily Fail? I'll reserve judgement.

Old 02-13-2019, 05:29 PM

1,300 posts, read 960,861 times
This could very well be lies. If so it should be able to be falsified, just have the accusers specify the employer and have them verify that she did so. Although I don't know if there are potential legal complexities.

Reports of her being tough and harshly critical and even occasionally prone to screaming at people don't bother me. But If this particular accusation of career sabotage is true, she should never be president and doesn't belong in the Senate either.

Last edited by TheArchitect; 02-13-2019 at 05:38 PM..

Old 02-13-2019, 05:41 PM

4,399 posts, read 10,671,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheArchitect View Post
This could very well be lies. If so it should be able to be falsified, just have the accusers specify the employer and have them verify that she did so. Although I don't know if there are potential legal complexities.

Reports of her being tough and harshly critical and even occasionally prone to screaming at people don't bother me. But If this particular accusation of career sabotage is true, she should never be president and doesn't belong in the Senate either.
I won't go so far as to say they don't bother me, but I agree these accusations are worse.
Though I do think the relevance of how she treats her stuff is of questionable relevance to voters.

Old 02-13-2019, 06:22 PM

30,253 posts, read 23,737,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Per the Daily Fail? I'll reserve judgement.
Would the watered down version from the HuffPo be more to your liking? Even they detail some of the things that staffers went through....and then follow up with excuses, in typical HuffPo "protect Dems at all costs" style.

Nonetheless, it's definitely out there being said. Further, she is one of the worst with high turnover rates. And while Politico admits that in the short term, that doesn't say much, it does in the long term. Her staff turnover was rated one of the worst from 2007 - 2017. So there's obviously something to what these people are saying:

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry...b0871047588649

Quote:
It is common for staff to wake up to multiple emails from Klobuchar characterizing one’s work as “the worst†briefing or press release she’d seen in her decades of public service, according to two former aides and emails seen by HuffPost.

Although some staffers grew inured to her constant put-downs (“It’s always ‘the worst,’†one said sarcastically, “‘It was ‘the worst’ one two weeks agoâ€), others found it grinding and demoralizing. Adding to the humiliation, Klobuchar often cc’d large groups of staffers who weren’t working on the topic at hand, giving the emails the effect of a public flogging...
Would you like your boss cc everyone you work with and publicly humiliating you?

Quote:
A former employee in her Senate office recalled her struggling to find an outside candidate to replace an outgoing chief of staff. A staffer in another Hill office recounted losing interest in a job opening with Klobuchar when a current staffer, the one conducting the interview, conveyed that avoiding Klobuchar’s anger was a significant part of the job.

The senator has acknowledged she has “high expectations,†but many people who have worked with Klobuchar or interacted with her and her staff say her treatment of staff goes beyond the normal expectations of excelling in a job.

Three former staffers said Klobuchar has tasked them or their co-workers with performing personal errands, such as making her personal appointments, washing dishes at her home or picking up her dry cleaning.

Senate staff are generally prohibited by Senate ethics rules from performing personal duties for members.
Quote:
What is indisputable, however, is that Klobuchar’s office consistently has one of the highest rates of staff turnover in the Senate. Klobuchar’s rate of turnover ranked No. 1 in an analysis of all Senate staff salaries between 2001 and 2016, conducted by LegiStorm, a widely used database of congressional staff salaries. (Klobuchar was sworn into office in 2007.) She’s now third, behind Maryland Democrat Chris Van Hollen and Louisiana Republican John Kennedy.
Sounds like a "joy" to work with.

Old 02-13-2019, 06:24 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,222,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newne View Post
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...jobs-quit.html

Wow, what a witch! You definitely don't want to work for her!
Put her and Hillary in the same room and watch them cancel each other out.

Old 02-13-2019, 09:58 PM

13,212 posts, read 21,829,904 times
I can't believe Trump supporters are knocking a politician for having a high staff turnover rate and being hard to work with.

Old 02-13-2019, 10:06 PM
mlb

4,971 posts, read 4,451,534 times
Ah yes - the demonization of women candidates begins.

Trumpsters are such crybabies..... trying to find something - so insiginificant - to lie about.

And yes,..... Trump is SUCH A GEM to work for.

Old 02-13-2019, 10:09 PM

4,540 posts, read 2,784,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post

Further, she is one of the worst with high turnover rates.
*cough* Trump *cough*

Quote:

Would you like your boss cc everyone you work with and publicly humiliating you?
*cough* Trump *cough*

Quote:

Sounds like a "joy" to work with.
bro, seriously

Old 02-13-2019, 10:11 PM

4,540 posts, read 2,784,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdog View Post
I can't believe Trump supporters are knocking a politician for having a high staff turnover rate and being hard to work with.
I know right? Nothing they say can be taken seriously.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies