Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-15-2019, 07:41 AM

89,124 posts, read 44,928,596 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grlzrl View Post
I don't think so. I think the Steele dossier happened to KEEP him from being elected and when that didn't stick, they had to do something else which was opening the investigation with the fake FISA warrant. That wouldn't go fast enough so they talked about the 25th Amendment. Either way, from start to finish, the whole thing is ugly. A very dark period in America, especially if no one is held accountable.
The bogus Russian informants-based Steele dossier was the "evidence" used to obtain the FISA warrants. It's actually kind of comical when you think about it... How in the world did the Dems/FBI actually think the Russians would spill such salacious "info" and that it was reliable if Trump was in cahoots with them? Really? Dumbasses! Like I said... zero critical thinking skills.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2019, 07:42 AM

9,727 posts, read 9,740,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigCreek View Post
You misstate the situation when you use the term "coup" in your thread's title. McCabe and others discussed the possibility of using the 25th Amendment to the Constitution - quite legally and obviously constitutionally - because they were extremely concerned about Trump's fitness to be in office as the President of the United States. This is far different from a coup, which is an illegal overthrow of government, usually by force.
Sedition. McCabe belongs in prision.

Old 02-15-2019, 07:45 AM

22,923 posts, read 15,513,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grlzrl View Post
New poster. How much are they paying per post these days?
You oughta know; with your post count on just this one thread alone you've probably earned enough to pay for another bottle of vodka!

Brother, the definition of irony personified with this guy posting four in a row right after his quoted sillines above.

Old 02-15-2019, 07:51 AM

193 posts, read 69,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigCreek View Post
For all those who are not happy with my earlier post and who are expressing their belief that McCabe & Co. were breaking all kinds of laws and should be condemned for so doing by discussing the 25th Amendment in regard to Donald Trump's fitness for the presidency: It appears you are disregarding the 1st Amendment.

Mr. McCabe and his companions have every bit as much right to discuss whatever they please as do you or I, and they are just as entitled to their opinions as are you or I.

Thank goodness that's still one of our rights as American citizens.

Although, judging by some of the comments here, some would be quite happy to be rid of that right...
You're right everyone is entitled to free speech but people in certain positions of power should use some tact and common sense even when it comes to "free speech" As a normal everyday citizen I could yell in the streets from noon until night about how much I hate Pres Trump and would like to see him removed from office, no one cares because obviously I don't have the power to do that and I'd just look like a fool but now imagine this scenario if I worked in a high level office where I did have the power to pull some strings and make this happen, that's the difference

Old 02-15-2019, 07:54 AM

34,300 posts, read 15,685,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
https://www.conservativereview.com/n...vITC5pb3B-JOAs

"Fired FBI Deputy Director Andrew McCabe’s book tour began with a “60 minutes” interview this week in which he confirmed that he commenced an effort to remove President Trump from office, citing his concerns with the president’s supposed ties to Russia, for which no evidence has ever surfaced."

Andrew McCabe was far from the only FBI official to disgrace himself. Other now-fired FBI officials, such as James Comey and Peter Strzok, helped transform the FBI into a political weapon to sabotage the president through the baseless Trump-Russia investigation. There are still only two primary explanations for their conduct. The first is they were simply incompetent and commenced a probe without sufficient nonpartisan evidence. The second and more likely explanation is that McCabe and his cohorts were on a hell-bent quest to overturn the results of the election. Call it what it was: a soft coup attempt. Luckily for our republic, the coup attempt failed."

Hard to believe this could happen in our country. How would the media act if the Obama administration was treated this way?

Most excellent thread highlighting the most important political crimes of the century.
The weaponization of one admin. and political party against another political party. Using the unelected bureaucrats of the intel. and law enforcement agencies to select a target and attack the constitution. By plotting and acting against said target of the opposition party to negate an election is a most serious threat.
So far its unpunished and accountability remains. The last best hope for closure and rehabilitation is the appointment of the A.G. Barr. Will he be up to the challenge and restore the confidence and political neutrality of gov. agencies is the unknown. He was only sworn into office yesterday.
So far the democrats are the only ones cooperating with Putin and advancing his goals. The democrats are also the ones that were using information coming from the Russians to interfere in the election and no serious effort so far to hold them accountable has been attempted.

Last edited by phma; 02-15-2019 at 08:06 AM..

Old 02-15-2019, 08:04 AM

68,348 posts, read 54,470,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
Most excellent thread highlighting the most important political crimes of the century.
The weaponization of one admin. and political party against another political party. Using the unelected bureaucrats of the intel. and law enforcement agencies to select a target and attack the constitution. By plotting and acting against said target of the opposition party to negate an election is a most serious threat.
So far its unpunished and accountability remains. The last best hope for closure and rehabilitation is the appointment of the A.G. Barr. Will he be up to the challenge and restore the confidence and political neutrality of gov. is the unknown. He was only sworn into office yesterday.

Yeah, that got Clinton impeached for lying to Congress. Of course claims that Kavanaugh lied to Congress went uninvestigated and the weaponized GOP gave him a seat on the SCOTUS instead.

Old 02-15-2019, 08:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Yeah, that got Clinton impeached for lying to Congress. Of course claims that Kavanaugh lied to Congress went uninvestigated and the weaponized GOP gave him a seat on the SCOTUS instead.
OFF TOPIC DISTRACTIONS IS ALL YOU HAVE.

It doesn't compete with a legal legend comments on topic :

Legal legend says alleged plot described by McCabe was 'attempt at a coup'
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/ala...t-a-coup-detat

Ousting Trump via 25th Amendment is ‘clearly an attempt at a coup d’etat’

Old 02-15-2019, 08:33 AM

68,348 posts, read 54,470,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
OFF TOPIC DISTRACTIONS IS ALL YOU HAVE.

It doesn't compete with a legal legend comments on topic :

Legal legend says alleged plot described by McCabe was 'attempt at a coup'
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/ala...t-a-coup-detat

Ousting Trump via 25th Amendment is ‘clearly an attempt at a coup d’etat’

No, YOU brought up "The weaponization of one admin. and political party against another political party."

I merely gave a specific example of the general situation/result of what YOU described.

Enjoy your own petard!

BTW, you seem very confused. Use of the 25th Amendment is Constitutional, a coup d'etat is not.

Old 02-15-2019, 09:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
No, YOU brought up "The weaponization of one admin. and political party against another political party."

I merely gave a specific example of the general situation/result of what YOU described.

Enjoy your own petard!

BTW, you seem very confused. Use of the 25th Amendment is Constitutional, a coup d'etat is not.
Go into the weeds all you want.
It doesn't change the facts and won't derail the thread.

Old 02-15-2019, 09:02 AM

30,487 posts, read 19,246,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
The bogus Russian informants-based Steele dossier was the "evidence" used to obtain the FISA warrants. It's actually kind of comical when you think about it... How in the world did the Dems/FBI actually think the Russians would spill such salacious "info" and that it was reliable if Trump was in cahoots with them? Really? Dumbasses! Like I said... zero critical thinking skills.
They knew it was bogus but it gave them cover to spy on Trump campaign to try to get information they could use to maintain their power.

The entirety of Mueller investigation is part of the coup attempt and is based on gossip paid for by the Clintons to the Russians
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies