Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-17-2019, 04:10 AM

4,783 posts, read 3,300,804 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeledaf View Post
Paying Colin to go away and stay away sounds like a bargain to me. Let him go kneel to his lawyers.
It seems evident that there was no "permanent separation agreement" in the settlement as reports are coming out that Kap will continue his pursuit to get back into the NFL. Seems doubtful that someone will bite, but you never know.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2019, 04:43 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,385,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
This is a lawsuit that addresses the collusion part of the contract. That is not his cause.
Some people seem to have an awful hard time understanding that in this thread. The lawsuit, and the allegedly agreed to NDA, I'm sure, is just to get him to stop talking about the NFL "blackballing" him. Which is not what he was kneeling over.

Soooooo, a whole bunch of failed critical thinking in here.

Old 02-17-2019, 04:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by travis t View Post
I always thought the whole concept of kneeling for the anthem was misguided, and reeks of civic ignorance. The Anthem represents the American system, including the 5th amendment (due process), and the 14th (due process, equal protection). Kaepernick should have been protesting against those who are supposed to uphold the constitution, namely police courts, and local elected officials. Not the anthem.

Also the federal DOJ is there to make sure that the Constitution is upheld. Guess on whose watch it was in 2016, when the whole kneeling protests began (2016). President Barack Obama, and atty gen. Loretta Lynch.
When and how should he have protested in your estimation? You realize protests are most effective when they gain lots of attention/coverage, yes?

Old 02-17-2019, 04:51 AM

14,483 posts, read 11,285,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by what'd i miss View Post
Social Activism? That s free. Doesnt need donations.

He was a victim. He was penalized , ostracized, scapegoated, financially ruined..career murdered for not standing during the Pledge of Allegiance. Un believable.
You know who does something like this to its citizens? North Korea.

I hope he keeps 100% of the $$.$$.

Maybe next ,Trump and his wanna be dictator buddies can rally the Pope , and the local minister to go after people who choose to pray outside or at home instead of church, or on Thursday instead of Sunday

NFL Football can take a long walk on a short pier. They suck.
Do you think the owners got together and blackballed him? If you do then you’re brain dead.

Old 02-17-2019, 05:07 AM

4,437 posts, read 7,674,904 times
Regardless of whether, on the field, he could still muster, it was obvious that the NFL thought Kaep was bad for business. And it wanted to do everything to get rid of him. The reported amount of the settlement, if accurate, speaks volumes.

I doubted whether Kaep would play in the NFL, again. My doubts still stand.

Old 02-17-2019, 05:31 AM

They paid him to stop talking about the NFL, allegedly. That's it. His protesting was never even about the NFL. Pretty sure his deal with Nike - which will undoubtedly continue to include social activism - and any other activism he has been involved with will continue. Much to your chagrin, I'm certain.

Poor dear.

Old 02-17-2019, 06:21 AM

1,203 posts, read 836,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
Some people seem to have an awful hard time understanding that in this thread. The lawsuit, and the allegedly agreed to NDA, I'm sure, is just to get him to stop talking about the NFL "blackballing" him. Which is not what he was kneeling over.

Soooooo, a whole bunch of failed critical thinking in here.
Agree. I'm seriously scratching my head at a bunch of these clueless comments.

Old 02-17-2019, 06:24 AM

1,203 posts, read 836,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
Shortest social activism I’ve ever seen
Yes because it's always best to jump to conclusions after a couple of days. Brilliant!

Perhaps one should wait and see if he does anything to further his cause with the "settlement" money before posting the cute little pictures and making assumptions.

Old 02-17-2019, 06:41 AM

673 posts, read 466,217 times
The joke is.........this dim witted fool isn't black..........he is an arab, look at the nose.
Sports people ........geeez

Old 02-17-2019, 06:49 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,870,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilcart View Post
Nope you just angry you are losing in every argument you have here....
Yt you have no proof. Keep making things up. It's fun to laugh at your silly posts.

Quote:
You have post after post where you just sling mud, call people names etc.
I stay on topic and don't deflect like a child.

Quote:
I am guessing the country you love is Russia, because you have a very anti-american attitude.
And once again you'd be wrong. But you keep making things up because you are uninformed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies