Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-19-2019, 07:44 PM

7,520 posts, read 2,809,067 times

Advertisements

I wonder how many Dem politicians will join in the effort?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2019, 07:51 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 24 days ago)

29,557 posts, read 16,548,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redwood66 View Post
I wonder how many Dem politicians will join in the effort?
When did Dem politicians leave the effort ?

Old 02-19-2019, 07:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
When did Dem politicians leave the effort ?
I meant join with Trump in the effort. That would mean standing next to him and agreeing with him. And when did they lead a global effort?

Old 02-19-2019, 07:55 PM

7,132 posts, read 4,768,427 times
Don't let Cheesemont hear about this.

Old 02-19-2019, 07:57 PM

Quote:
I meant join with Trump in the effort. That would mean standing next to him and agreeing with him. And when did they lead a global effort?
See my previous post from the White House Archive.

I honestly feel most people dont know what the other side does till their side does it as well. Just like that thread on Party retreats, LOL

Old 02-19-2019, 08:00 PM

52,431 posts, read 26,628,813 times
Quote:
Im not sure what made you even post the above comment, its so blatantly false that I can only believe you are trolling.

https://obamawhitehouse.archives.gov...tfactsheet.pdf
Your PDF proves what I said. Obama did nothing but talk. And he is on record of being against Gay marriage. i.e. legal discrimination.

Old 02-19-2019, 08:01 PM

Quote:
See my previous post from the White House Archive.

I honestly feel most people dont know what the other side does till their side does it as well. Just like that thread on Party retreats, LOL
I don't see one thing on that list that has anything to do with any country besides the US or calling on other countries to rid the illegality. If I missed one please point it out. Combating AIDS does not count.

Old 02-19-2019, 08:18 PM

Quote:
I don't see one thing on that list that has anything to do with any country besides the US or calling on other countries to rid the illegality. If I missed one please point it out. Combating AIDS does not count.
You did miss it.

Quote:
The U.S. leads an effort at the United Nations resulting in 85 countries supporting a resolution to end violence
and human rights violations related to sexual orientation and gender identity
Quote:
The Obama Administration continues to engage systematically with governments around the world to advance the rights of LGBT persons. The Administration’s leadership has included various public statements and resolutions at the UN.
President Obama has also issued a presidential memorandum that directs all Federal agencies engaged abroad to ensure that U.S. diplomacy and foreign assistance promote and protect the human rights of LGBT persons.
The Department of State continues to grow the Global Equality Fund, a multi-sector public-private partnership to advance the human rights of LGBT persons globally. Since the Fund was launched in December 2011, it has allocated over $30 million to civil society organizations in 80 countries worldwide.
USAID, the U.S. government agency primarily responsible for delivering international aid and assistance, launched the LGBTI Global Development Partnership and "Being LGBTI in Asia," and funded a range of LGBTI human rights programs. In 2014, USAID released its LGBT Vision for Action, a document that communicates USAID’s position on LGBTI issues to internal and external stakeholders.
In February 2014, USAID appointed a USAID Senior LGBT Coordinator to ensure that the promotion and protection of LGBTI rights is fully integrated into all aspects of USAID's vital work overseas.
In February 2015, the U.S. State Department appointed the first-ever Special Envoy for the Human Rights of LGBTI Persons to lead and coordinate U.S. diplomatic efforts to advance LGBTI rights around the globe.
The State Department revised its Foreign Affairs Manual to allow same-sex couples to obtain passports under the names recognized by their state through their marriages or civil unions

Old 02-19-2019, 08:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Your PDF proves what I said. Obama did nothing but talk. And he is on record of being against Gay marriage. i.e. legal discrimination.
You pretending that all Obama did was talk is laughable. But if it helps you sleep at night. while Mike Pence of all people is the VP, be my guest.

Old 02-19-2019, 08:22 PM

Quote:
You did miss it.
Good for him. Try to make a smaller pile next time. Too hard to read. You still did not answer the question as to how many will stand next to Trump.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies