Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Will the Michael Cohen testimony bring enough dirt on Trump to impeach?
Yes, i believe it will 44 14.15%
It will definitely hurt Trump but not enough to impeach 104 33.44%
No, basically it will be a nothingburger 163 52.41%
Voters: 311. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-28-2019, 09:48 PM

26,584 posts, read 14,449,955 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cchampagne232000 View Post
The funny part of that was Cohen was repeatedly trying to tell him but the Rep from Louisiana kept cutting him off thinking he had him in some "gotcha" moment.

yep. i let out a little chuckle when he get all agitated and demanded "why haven't these boxes been turned over to authorities"...... right after cohen had stated that the boxes had been returned to him from the authorities.

Old 02-28-2019, 10:26 PM

33,316 posts, read 12,534,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyMac18 View Post
You realize a person can hold racist thoughts and still interact with Black people, right?

One does not negate the other.

This is like when people use the "token black friend" as a defense that they couldn't possibly be racially biased..."but I have 2 black friends!!!". Uh huh.

Now, I'm not even necesarilly saying that Trump IS a racist. I happen to find it very plausible that he would have said those awful things - but I don't know. All I AM saying is that what you are using as a defense really isn't much of a defense at all from those claims.
^^^^^ This.

Old 02-28-2019, 10:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZDesertBrat View Post
Don't know if any of you folks have seen it but the past couple of days there's been a marathon showing of The Trump Dynasty on TV. Starts way back with ancestors all the way to today. It's shown in three parts, two hours each, and isn't biased one way or another. It IS very honest though and you learn about his associates and 'ways'. Tons of print and media. Anyway, if you get the chance to watch it, do. It actually explains soooo much of who he is and why he is the way he is.

I have been watching the hearings. I like hearing for myself what people are saying so I don't have to depend on the news people to tell me and context, etc.. Sometimes they leave out things they shouldn't. I think Cohen is being truthful this time around. And I liked it when he told them he thought he was there to talk about Trump and all they wanted to do was make sure he knew HE was a 'rat'. Not exactly like that but how I interpreted it. It'll be interesting to see where it all goes.

Have to admit the past couple of years have not been boring.
I've only seen a few clips from the hearings, but I have seen probably 60% of the 'Trump Dynasty' show on A & E. However, I didn't see it in total, nor in 'broadcast/chronological order', which I'd like to do. I'll look to see if A & E is showing it again, or if it is on Netflix.

Old 03-01-2019, 12:04 AM

4,559 posts, read 1,437,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
I've only seen a few clips from the hearings, but I have seen probably 60% of the 'Trump Dynasty' show on A & E. However, I didn't see it in total, nor in 'broadcast/chronological order', which I'd like to do. I'll look to see if A & E is showing it again, or if it is on Netflix.
Not necessary..2016-2019 same ol same ol different day. Same ol lies about "size" etc...

What is needed is someone to now calculate Donald Trumps ACTUAL vocabulary bank of words....

After watching the biography (s)...I d say it s close to MAYBE a total of 50 regularly/repetitively used words
impromptu with an interjected Proper noun such as Manafort, Cohen, Paul Ryan....Maralago, Mexico, California...
And MAYBE an additional 100 combination of nouns verbs and adverbs maybe a few adjectives but even that many is attributed to his speech writer changing it up.

Id say watch just for that. You ll only need about 15 minutes in to hear those 50 that he uses today.
And to also learn/know Cohen in ten years knows the Trump of 50 years plus.

A lyin president with a vocabulary of at most 150 words. Winning Republicans. They ll reap what they sow.

Old 03-01-2019, 12:12 AM

2,070 posts, read 892,897 times
Mark Meadows is a birther;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bzudb4JxmOA

When ignorant folks want to advertise their ignorance, you don't really have to do anything, you just let them talk. ~ Barack Obama

Old 03-01-2019, 12:23 AM

4,559 posts, read 1,437,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissPickel View Post

When ignorant folks want to advertise their ignorance, you don't really have to do anything, you just let them talk. ~ Barack Obama

Yes That lady Congresswoman had him pegged to right. The Gentleman on the other side of the aisle is soooo out of touch as to use that "I m not racist, I have lots of back friends..." schitck with these Freshman.

"The pain and frustration felt by this man"- as expressed by Cummings- was obviously due to the mans humiliation at being called out on his insulting display of a slavetrading spectacle.
That young woman stood there like she was standing on those slave trade blocks, with the slave trader and master displaying - what s the days special.

Meadows should be removed from office. Yesterday.

Old 03-01-2019, 12:27 AM

1,705 posts, read 538,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecking ball View Post
yep. i let out a little chuckle when he get all agitated and demanded "why haven't these boxes been turned over to authorities"...... right after cohen had stated that the boxes had been returned to him from the authorities.
I feel a bit sorry for any of the "victims" the this former police man has gotten thrown in Jail.

Old 03-01-2019, 01:13 AM

2,070 posts, read 892,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by what'd i miss View Post
Yes That lady Congresswoman had him pegged to right. The Gentleman on the other side of the aisle is soooo out of touch as to use that "I m not racist, I have lots of back friends..." schitck with these Freshman.

"The pain and frustration felt by this man"- as expressed by Cummings- was obviously due to the mans humiliation at being called out on his insulting display of a slavetrading spectacle.
That young woman stood there like she was standing on those slave trade blocks, with the slave trader and master displaying - what s the days special.

Meadows should be removed from office. Yesterday.

And totally undeserving of any apology from Rashida Tlaib.

Old 03-01-2019, 01:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissPickel View Post

^^^^^ This post prompted me to recall this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3c-Ijky95dc

Old 03-01-2019, 01:58 AM

37,135 posts, read 42,222,200 times
Nothing impeachable. At all. You see how people are now "looking for a crime" rather than investigating one right? If not, you're an idiot.

And damn if those accusations of "racism" weren't the stupidest things I've heard coming out of the mouths of politicians. That freshman congresswoman is disgusting.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies