Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Will the Michael Cohen testimony bring enough dirt on Trump to impeach?
Yes, i believe it will 44 14.15%
It will definitely hurt Trump but not enough to impeach 104 33.44%
No, basically it will be a nothingburger 163 52.41%
Voters: 311. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-27-2019, 04:40 PM

2,267 posts, read 1,945,916 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve40th View Post
I was listening to it , so I may have missed it.. I am human. But Davis is solid lawyer for the Clintons... Seems odd he would reach out to him being a previous Trump lawyer, and soon to be jailed disbarred lawyer with no job.

To summarize so you stop implying nefarious intent:

Cohen's former firm (which he named in his testimony) referred him to Davis given this is the exact type of situation Davis handles. Lanny Davis is not being paid for his work by anyone, Cohen or any other political body. Cohen said he thought Davis was doing it because it was something he found important. He was questioned about it pretty harshly. Might want to go re-watch.

Old 02-27-2019, 04:41 PM
gg

26,137 posts, read 25,983,158 times
Great to see the silent America voting that this is a nothingburger. He is a admitted lier. Why can he even have a voice considering his past?

I voted for Bernie and Hillary! YES I DID!!!! I have been a democrat for all my life, but I am tired of how the extreme left is acting, to the point it is nuts! The leftist media is horrible and I have a feeling this ploy is going to backfire in a big way. I predict Trump as president for the next term as well and to be honest, I might be voting for him unless someone out of nowhere comes along that makes some sense, but I don't see it.

The silent America hates Hollywood and the wildly left media. If they only knew what they were doing in their bubble they are living in. I suspect they may reflect on things after this next presidential election. They are making a huge mistake. I sadly watched the Oscars and the entire time, I was thinking how out of touch they are with most Americans. They really live in a bubble out there. Good luck to them, but they are the problem!

Wishing everyone the best.

Old 02-27-2019, 04:42 PM

12,970 posts, read 9,659,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomparent View Post
Well, as they say, birds of a feather flock together.
Exactly, two peas in a pod.

Old 02-27-2019, 04:42 PM

16,352 posts, read 8,097,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
So, people are supposed to "discover truth" from a convicted liar.
And you believe every word that ever came out of Trump's mouth. Right?

Old 02-27-2019, 04:43 PM

1,658 posts, read 2,695,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve40th View Post
So what factual crimes were brought to light?
I wish our country would put this same effort into Clinton, Comey, etc etc..
Dont laugh, deep down you know this was a big nothing burger today.
You're joking, right?

For one, using the Trump Foundation as a personal Trump family slush fund by spending $60,000 on the portrait.

But that was already known by the authorities, and there are several ongoing civil lawsuits.

"...Central to the lawsuit is a nationally televised charity fundraiser for military veterans that Trump held in Des Moines, Iowa, on January 28, 2016, just ahead of the Republican caucus vote there. The foundation received $2.8 million as a result of that event. According to the New York suit, Trump campaign staff then directed the disbursement of those funds for Trump's political benefit."

https://www.cnn.com/2018/12/18/polit...lve/index.html

Veterans, military families, and the Foundation donors should be outraged.

Old 02-27-2019, 04:44 PM

1,893 posts, read 1,010,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by r small View Post
And you believe every word that ever came out of Trump's mouth. Right?
President Trump made 8,158 false or misleading claims in his first two years
https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...=.db5eb0a2b8c3

Old 02-27-2019, 04:46 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,878,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinm View Post
Bill Clinton said that his impeachment was a "badge of honor". If the Democrats are dumb enough to impeach President Trump for stuff that had nothing to do with him while in office they will pay. The Senate will never convict. This is just an attempt to embarrass Trump. It won't work. He is a worldwide celebrity.
Kevin, Kevin, Kevin

I guess you missed the most important part of Cohen’s testimony today amidst all the political rhetoric on both (yes, I admit that) sides of the dais...

Cohen said he was in the room when Trump took a call from Roger Stone
He heard Roger Stone tell Donald Trump he had just gotten off the phone with Julian Assange
That Trump should expect a major dump of emails that would damage HRC from Wikileaks

1–This is a statement that undoubtedly was used by Mueller when he indicted Stone because that is one of the charges—that Stone lied about

2—this is also one of the questions that Trump gave written response to Mueller about
And from Cohen’s testimony and what Stone has been charged with it would seem there is evidence that Trump lied to Mueller

3–it seems that Trump’s attorneys like Sekulow have helped him provide testimony that has contained untruths
This won’t help them when the smoke clears and they are shown to have knowledge and concealed that knowledge when they were legally required to be truthful
The option when your client is offering a lie under oath is to tell him not to answer—to plead the 5th
To knowing allow your client to lie under oath makes the attorney part of the lie/conspiracy to defraud the court...

4–this likely will impact Jerome Corsi’s testimony and that of others like Don Jr about their knowledge and their lies under oath...

5-IF TRUMP LIED IN HIS WRITTEN ANSWERS TO MUELLER—this is a crime committed during his presidency
Which has the power to be considered “high crimes and misdemeanors” and worthy of impeachment that I don’t think even the GOP can ignore—since that is what Bill Clinton was charged by Ken Starr—
Of course Clinton wasn’t charged with anything like collusion with Russia
His was just oral sex—not even a crime at all...

Old 02-27-2019, 04:47 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,878,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustPassinThru View Post
You're joking, right?

For one, using the Trump Foundation as a personal Trump family slush fund by spending $60,000 on the portrait.

But that was already known by the authorities, and there are several ongoing civil lawsuits.

"...Central to the lawsuit is a nationally televised charity fundraiser for military veterans that Trump held in Des Moines, Iowa, on January 28, 2016, just ahead of the Republican caucus vote there. The foundation received $2.8 million as a result of that event. According to the New York suit, Trump campaign staff then directed the disbursement of those funds for Trump's political benefit."

https://www.cnn.com/2018/12/18/polit...lve/index.html

Veterans, military families, and the Foundation donors should be outraged.
Those are going to be criminal charges I think
The kids can be charged now because they are not sitting in the Oval Office and were members of the Board of the Charity...
Trump has already been prohibited from sitting on any Charity Board for years because of the legal violations committed by his charity

And re stealing from the military
Money dedicated to improving military housing where families are living in substandard quarters w/mold, rats, and other unsuitable features is going to be pulled to pay for Trump’s Wall...
If that doesn’t make any American who supports the military sick—I don’t know how much worse it needs to be...
He isn’t cutting back on trips to MarALago, is he???

Old 02-27-2019, 04:48 PM

2,267 posts, read 1,945,916 times
Donald Trump having a strawman bid up his portrait at an auction so that it was the most expensive piece sold that day and then using charity money to reimburse the bidder is THE MOST Donald Trump thing of all time.

Old 02-27-2019, 04:51 PM

16,376 posts, read 22,490,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustPassinThru View Post
You're joking, right?

I think the $60,000 bidder for the Trump portrait, with the Trump Foundation later paying the $60k, wasn't officially known before other than rumors. There are 2 different Trump portrait/Trump Foundation purchases there were previously known. I think those were $20,000 and $10,000 bids. This would be the 3rd Trump portrait purchased with Trump Foundation money, but this time a straw bidder was used.

A newspaper that has been tracking the Trump Foundation financials announced today that they didn't even know about this new $60,000 Trump Foundation expenditure. I guess this is because the straw bidder fooled everyone before, althouth there were prior rumors..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies