Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-25-2019, 10:23 AM

12,963 posts, read 13,676,205 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NomadicDrifter View Post
Just read the blurb. This is a typical deceptive article. They're writing about sex trafficking, but just mention they found 9000 parlors, as if that means all or even some of the women there are trafficked. Then they say that "extensive case study suggests" which is basically code word for we're just guessing.
You should read it again they found 9000 illicit massage businesses. They just suggest that there could be more. Nonetheless, it puts the notion into ones head that you should should be diligent in patronizing these businesses. The two individuals so far named are involved in professional sports so we know they have access to legitimate massage therapists. When they walk into one of these joints authorities know they are not there for a massage. How dumb can wealthy horny men be?

Old 02-25-2019, 10:43 AM

2,362 posts, read 777,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thriftylefty View Post
You should read it again they found 9000 illicit massage businesses. They just suggest that there could be more.
I read it and understood it the first time. Did you?

They said they found 9,000 illicit massage parlor businesses - aka prostitution places. No mention of any trafficking. Just because a woman is working illegally as a prostitute in one of those parlors doesn't mean she was trafficked. This is their slight of hand for folks with less thinking capacity (ahem ahem), tie both together without actually tying them together!

Old 02-25-2019, 10:52 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,597,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
The sheriff from the area involved in the investigation with the FBI indicated that they were trafficked and their passports were confiscated. Many of the women refused to testify because of threats to them and their families.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/02/23/u...gtype=Homepage
Seems to me, nearly all prostitution busts today involve human trafficking victims or sex slaves, and police are 'rescuing' the victims...that just doesnt sound credible to me...its sounds too much like a very effective justification for police to continue targeting prostitution.

Old 02-25-2019, 11:13 AM

27,214 posts, read 46,745,966 times
Quote:
You should read it again they found 9000 illicit massage businesses. They just suggest that there could be more. Nonetheless, it puts the notion into ones head that you should should be diligent in patronizing these businesses. The two individuals so far named are involved in professional sports so we know they have access to legitimate massage therapists. When they walk into one of these joints authorities know they are not there for a massage. How dumb can wealthy horny men be?
That still leaves the issue that the men accused, are not the one trafficking and not accused of trafficking.

They are so called "John's" and just a couple of horny guys that do what lots of men do. I'm not saying it is good what they did, but the focus should be on the ones who did the trafficking.

Florida is really getting down (no pun intended) on places like this and according to the local radio news channel, there are thousands of these places.

We have massage places that are called "spa's" and our entire family goes together for a massage and of course each has their own massage therapist. Normal massage places with nice offices. My kids went even more than we do. Legitimate places.

The one shown for Kraft, doesn't look something where a 6 billion dollar man would go, that to me was more shocking than the "John" thing.

Old 02-25-2019, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
That still leaves the issue that the men accused, are not the one trafficking and not accused of trafficking.

They are so called "John's" and just a couple of horny guys that do what lots of men do. I'm not saying it is good what they did, but the focus should be on the ones who did the trafficking.

Florida is really getting down (no pun intended) on places like this and according to the local radio news channel, there are thousands of these places.

We have massage places that are called "spa's" and our entire family goes together for a massage and of course each has their own massage therapist. Normal massage places with nice offices. My kids went even more than we do. Legitimate places.

The one shown for Kraft, doesn't look something where a 6 billion dollar man would go, that to me was more shocking than the "John" thing.
Thats a great point, Ive noticed this in other stories as well, the focus is ALWAYS on the 'evil johns', almost seen as perverts who cannot control themselves, and willing to go pay to have sex with a sex slave, when its a well known person, the media lambasts them and paints a nasty picture of them...but never do they talk about the guys who run these rings or go out and kidnap girls to enslave them...

If those cases are anything like a local case we had a few months back, that was solely because two of the 'big guys' running these rings, turned out to be a federal judge and DA!! It then becomes a little more obvious why police would want to avoid targeting the source.

Old 02-25-2019, 11:36 AM

Quote:
I read it and understood it the first time. Did you?

They said they found 9,000 illicit massage parlor businesses - aka prostitution places. No mention of any trafficking. Just because a woman is working illegally as a prostitute in one of those parlors doesn't mean she was trafficked. This is their slight of hand for folks with less thinking capacity (ahem ahem), tie both together without actually tying them together!
Human Trafficking in Illicit Massage Businesses

That's the heading of the article
Polaris is an organization all about human trafficking not prostitution

Old 02-25-2019, 11:39 AM

2,362 posts, read 777,947 times
Quote:
Human Trafficking in Illicit Massage Businesses

That's the heading of the article
Polaris is an organization all about human trafficking not prostitution
Yes, it's the headline. So what? They didn't have the evidence so they used slight of hand. And guess what? For you, it worked. They duped you.

Old 02-25-2019, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Yes, it's the headline. So what? They didn't have the evidence so they used slight of hand. And guess what? For you, it worked. They duped you.
Im amazed at how many people have been duped by this?!!

But, had the headline been 'police bust consensual prostitution den'...I doubt so many people would be so supportive of police, using the words sex slaves and human trafficking victims, gives police instant justification.

Old 02-25-2019, 11:51 AM

4,559 posts, read 1,436,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post

Oh Lord! No John No traficky.

Old 02-25-2019, 01:14 PM

Quote:
You are being duped if you think those women (girls) enjoy what they are doing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies