Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Media
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-25-2019, 01:24 AM

11,046 posts, read 5,273,201 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tritone View Post
Fail. None of those countries was ever legally segregated.

See, you don't know what the Jim Crow era was. Study American history.

what is systematic racism to you? you think blacks in Latin countries could go to the courts and police every time they were discriminated? LMAO!!!!! do Latino Countries had to call it JUAN CROW to show you there was systematic racism to you?

Old 02-25-2019, 01:28 AM

Quote:
Latin American countries are poorer than the United States.

But Jim Crow wasn't about poverty. You truly don't know what the Jim Crow era was about. In the segregated south, a rich black person didn't have the same rights as poor white people.

NO, that is not what I said. I said blacks in Latin countries are the poorest group. It has always been that way for centuries. So if you say there was never systematic racism in Latin countries explain why Blacks in Latin countries are the bottom of the barrel, DNA?

Old 02-25-2019, 01:30 AM
Status: "Moldy Tater Gangrene, even before Moscow Marge." (set 3 days ago)

5,790 posts, read 3,600,682 times
Why not take a lesson from Germany? They teach their school kids honestly about the Holocaust, and do so without implying that the kids themselves are guilty of what happened in the 1930s and 40s. They simply teach their kids "Look, I know it's shameful for our nation, even if not you yourselves, but you have to learn this so that this never happens again!!".

Why aren't blacks "over it"? Because black Americans still suffer from a lot of pigeon-holing, even if neither you nor your family nor friends engage in this activity. It still happens, probably even more than I suspect or want to believe myself (I underestimated the extent or degree before, so I'm not as firm in my own personal judgements than before). Then there's the fact the race issue is inevitably tied tightly to the poverty and income inequality issues, which further complicates matters. I suppose this is inevitable. When you abuse a people for centuries and finally grant them legal equality, it's going to take several generations to build trust between people. Now, 50 to 55 years later, we've made great improvements, but we as a society still shouldn't declare victory just yet.

Old 02-25-2019, 01:33 AM

3,852 posts, read 2,228,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion1999 View Post
NO, that is not what I said. I said blacks in Latin countries are the poorest group. It has always been that way for centuries.

So if you say there was never systematic racism in Latin countries explain why Blacks in Latin countries are the bottom of the barrel, DNA?
They were historically poor. That's generational poverty. Black Latin Americans have never been legally excluded in their own countries. The legal color line we had in the U.S never existed in Latin America. That's a different kind of discrimination that they never experienced.

Old 02-25-2019, 01:42 AM

Quote:
They were historically poor. That's generational poverty. Black Latin Americans have never been legally excluded in their own countries. The legal color line we had in the U.S never existed in Latin America. That's a different kind of discrimination that they never experienced.

Do you mean segregation? so you are saying blacks in Latin Countries had the same access and rights that their white skin ruling class had? NO systematic racism in Latin countries ever existed, everybody was treated equally under the law for education, jobs, and housing? LMAO!!!!!!

Old 02-25-2019, 06:10 AM

23,988 posts, read 15,086,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
It matters not in the least what is ask for. Its tribalism. Are we going to support Tribalism ?
we have and still do

Old 02-25-2019, 06:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion1999 View Post
slavery has been practiced in every continent in the world by all races and colors. I don't see other races including blacks outside the U.S.A make slavery as the main theme of their history or their existence like a victimhood mentality that never ends.

the problem with African Americans like yourself is that you don't know your own culture and roots. You don't even bother to learn your native languages and culture of Africa. You don't even care. Your history doesn't start with slavery. The Continent of Africa like Asia (who also practiced slavery for centuries) is deep with culture and history and a lot more than just slavery.

Black Latinos act so different than Black Americans.....they never talk about slavery and don't have this victimhood mentality like black Americans and when they talk about their history and culture is with food and music and language and are happy and proud........You don't see them blame the white skin Latinos for their problems or blame slavery of their ancestors that ended in the 1800's........and Black Latinos are poorer and have few opportunities than black Americans but the Black Americans are the bitter ones.

explain that to me.....the more some have the more bitter some are.
How can people whose language and culture were taken from them, learn it now? On the internet?

Slavery was so prevent even Jesus didn't condemn it.

Latinos had another option. The institutional church was always present in the lives. The slaves create their own church.

As far as memory, my mom talking to us about town lynchings is in my memory. In order to get to class after parking the car I walked through crowds cursing and throwing stuff at newly enrolled blacks at my local university. Holding my children up to drink colored water at the local grocery store, blacks being denied hotel rooms, having to sit in the balcony at the local movie, blacks not being able to register to vote is not something I will get over. And I tell those stories to my grandkids. I still have poll tax receipts from family members.

One's attitude is formed by what they lived through. East Texas was as tribal as it gets. One dare not speak out about the injustice they saw. I did.

Old 02-25-2019, 06:44 AM

7,103 posts, read 5,986,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ymer View Post
Tucker Carlson is an ******* and a shill

To say that slavery is not part of their life experience is to say that history has no bearing on the present.

If you and Carlson want to say such a dumb thing, go ahead.
It's not. Other than historical significance, slavery has no bearing on any American living today. To remain butthurt about it shows what a weak person is to dwell on such things.

There are real problems today with slavery. Most sex slaves are trafficked here through our ports and porous borders and there's still work to be done to eliminate slavery in this country, but "slavery" as described in the article was over and done with almost 200 years ago.. It's time to move on...

Old 02-25-2019, 07:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WiseManOnceSaid View Post
It's not. Other than historical significance, slavery has no bearing on any American living today. To remain butthurt about it shows what a weak person is to dwell on such things.

There are real problems today with slavery. Most sex slaves are trafficked here through our ports and porous borders and there's still work to be done to eliminate slavery in this country, but "slavery" as described in the article was over and done with almost 200 years ago.. It's time to move on...
In the USA, it was a long standing goal that each family generation could fare better than the previous.

That's how wealth was built. That was not possible for the slave. They had no families, nor income. What did they have when freed? Under Jim Crow laws?

Old 02-25-2019, 09:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
In the USA, it was a long standing goal that each family generation could fare better than the previous.

That's how wealth was built. That was not possible for the slave. They had no families, nor income. What did they have when freed? Under Jim Crow laws?

where those slaves rich in Africa before being sold as slaves? did they had wealth in Africa?

so you are telling me today's blacks in America doesn't fare better than the slaves in 1865?

how many Oprah's and black millionaires the U.S. had in 1865? how many blacks own homes and properties in 1865. How many blacks earned 50k a year (equivalent) or more in 1865.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Media