Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-24-2019, 06:55 PM

52,697 posts, read 34,555,075 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by That_One_Girl View Post
I don't think anyone is saying that.
the OP most certainly is, with good reason.

https://www.louderwithcrowder.com/st...vote-democrat/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2019, 06:57 PM

39,228 posts, read 27,603,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonyafd View Post
Meet the Press anchor Chuck Todd announced this morning that 1.4 million convicted felons who have served their time may now register to vote, and vote. This constitutional change was made in a referendum back in November. It required 60% to pass. It got 65%.

Turn Florida blue. Register and vote.
I have no problems with that. Plus, not all ex-Felons would vote Democrats. They have served their time, shouldn't be punished for the rest of their lives.

Old 02-24-2019, 09:35 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,738,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by That_One_Girl View Post
I don't think anyone is saying that. They may be democrat, conservative or anything in between. Either way, the more people who vote, the better. It's a more accurate representation of what the people in our country want.
If “ I did not vote” was a candidate in 2016, it would have won.

Old 02-24-2019, 09:37 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,738,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sean1the1 View Post
Considering they haven't had the option to vote not sure how one would know?
Again, most states allow felons to vote. Florida is just the latest. Only diff is when and how. No reasonable way to know how they vote.

Old 02-24-2019, 09:54 PM

28,122 posts, read 12,597,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
I always thought that felons could vote after they were done with their probation, so I guess this doesn't surprise or offend me.
Thats what I thought too!

When someone commits a felony, they are NOT a felon FOR THE REST OF THEIR NATURAL LIVES!!! Once they have paid their debt off to society, they are entitled to anything and everything a regular citizen is.

To hold someones crime over their head for LIFE, conflicts with one of founding principles of the US system of justice, there is just no way in hell it would ever be constitutional.

Old 02-25-2019, 04:47 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,629,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxus View Post
So, you are saying most of the felons are Democrat? Why is that? Why are they Democrat and if so, why do they have such issues with following the law?
Maybe they are staunch conservatives.

Time will tell.

In FL, a large number of convicts are minorities and they tend to vote Dem.

Old 02-25-2019, 05:37 AM

8,447 posts, read 4,752,145 times
I love these kinds of threads because they bring liberals and conservatives together in agreement that the vast majority of convicted felons will vote for democrats.

Old 02-25-2019, 06:05 AM

18,466 posts, read 15,250,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
criminals vote democrat?
That’s a silly question. Of course they do.

If you were a criminal, would you rather the party that believes in law and order, or the party that thinks our laws are just “suggestions”?

Old 02-25-2019, 06:14 AM

5,772 posts, read 3,223,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxus View Post
No, the more people that vote means nothing, the more that cast an informed vote is better.

Absolutely not true. Republicans always try to suppress the vote. I'm surprised if they don't throw parties when heavy snow is forecast for election day.

Old 02-25-2019, 06:21 AM

16,376 posts, read 22,486,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pogue Mahone View Post
I love these kinds of threads because they bring liberals and conservatives together in agreement that the vast majority of convicted felons will vote for democrats.
As they should, because Democrats fight for people's rights whereas Republicans right for the rights of corporations and billionaires.

Democrats have pushed for helping felons to become productive members of society after they paid their debt. For example, Democrats pushed for "ban the box" which helps felons be considered for jobs early in the application process rather than be excluded immediately due to a checkbox that used to be the first thing employers saw. Democrats also help push for programs which allow felons to get education and training, so they can qualify for jobs, which increases their potential of being a productive member of society.

Democrats push for things like legalizing marijuana or to minimize the severity of marijuana crimes. Prior to these changes, many people(often young people) could have been charged with a felony, which could mess up their future due to having a felony on their record.

Last edited by sware2cod; 02-25-2019 at 06:29 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies