Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-01-2019, 09:09 AM

73,024 posts, read 62,622,338 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeddy View Post
Dems have moved on to help Hispanics, helping blacks is sooo 20th century.
And Republicans aren't doing any better. For that reason, some people should just quit complaining about who Blacks vote for. We're picked last anyway.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2019, 09:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
There's some background to that.

Democrats know that Blacks will vote for them no matter what while Republicans know that no matter what they do they'll never get more than small percentage of the Black vote.

It's behind a paywall but the Washington Post had a story about Gov. Hogan's reelection campaign last Fall. Interviewed a bunch of Black voters, all had good things to say about him and his policies, said he deserved reelection. Not one of them said they'd vote for him. It was because of the R.

It doesn't take much of that for Republican candidates to say " Why bother".
And there is some background to that. Go back to 1964. Had Barry Goldwater supported the Civil Rights Act and the Voting Rights Act, Blacks would have picked him. And the strongest correlation between who supported the Civil Rights Act wasn't even D v R. It was North vs South. Northern Democrats were far more likely to support the Civil Rights Act than southern Republicans.

Gov. Hogan might have not done well among Blacks, but former Governor John Kasich did well among Blacks. Mike Huckabee was much better received among Blacks than any other Republican candidate running for the Presidential primary. I notice that the Republicans who do the best among Blacks never win the Republican primary.

Like I said before. For the most part, both parties put Blacks last, so don't complain about who Blacks vote for. Why care so much if both parties aren't really looking to Blacks all that much?

Old 03-02-2019, 09:13 AM

The way I see it, neither party is looking out for Black people. Blacks are put last by both parties. Democrats will talk about Black issues but rarely deliver. Republicans will let you know they don't care. So who cares who Blacks vote for? And Why?

I'll give my opinion on this on a later time.

Old 03-02-2019, 10:47 AM

7,293 posts, read 4,096,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
A slap on the wrist. She'll keep her seat which was the idea all along. How did a Democrat get elected in Harford County anyway?
Her name is Lisanti.

This headline is from an article dated February 27:

Calls increase for Democratic lawmaker to resign over use of racial slur

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local...of-racial-slur

Last edited by AguaDulce; 03-02-2019 at 12:11 PM..

Old 03-02-2019, 11:34 AM

8,337 posts, read 2,966,443 times
Double standards/blatant racism. Let's have lists for what each and every race or group can say and get away with in celebration of diversity.

Old 03-25-2019, 08:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AguaDulce View Post
Her name is Lisanti.

This headline is from an article dated February 27:

Calls increase for Democratic lawmaker to resign over use of racial slur

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local...of-racial-slur
And they keep increasing. https://www.baltimoresun.com/news/ma...322-story.html

Old 03-25-2019, 08:49 AM

14,888 posts, read 10,037,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
The way I see it, neither party is looking out for Black people. Blacks are put last by both parties. Democrats will talk about Black issues but rarely deliver. Republicans will let you know they don't care. So who cares who Blacks vote for? And Why?

I'll give my opinion on this on a later time.
That's funny, if this were a white Republican woman who said this you wouldn't be trying to spread blame across both political parties.

Old 03-25-2019, 09:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
That's funny, if this were a white Republican woman who said this you wouldn't be trying to spread blame across both political parties.
Really? That's how you feel about it? Well then, last I checked, the only reason this thread was started was to say "see, those Democrats are the real racists".

Old 03-25-2019, 09:18 AM

8,196 posts, read 2,845,962 times
Why would that be a thought to speak in the first place? Free speech exposes people for what the are.

Old 03-25-2019, 09:20 AM

78,432 posts, read 60,613,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
First off, I agree with you.

The black vote is cared about in only certain elections, most often democratic primaries.

This is where they have some real punch.

However, as we all know, things change with the times and until the major parties stop viewing the black vote as being a waste of time to chase when it's going 90% to one party it's going to be taken for granted.

I'd note that not doing much for blacks certainly helped cost Hillary the 2016 election out of a lack of interest in voting for her.

I think that eventually there will be changes, especially over the years as things continue to racially blur and more and more people are 25% this, 25% that and so forth.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies