Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-12-2008, 07:00 PM

13,607 posts, read 21,409,362 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
Man is BORN evil...
for everything that you can list that man has done in evil I can match what man has done in good.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2008, 07:02 PM

27,232 posts, read 46,689,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionking View Post
for everything that you can list that man has done in evil I can match what man has done in good.
Let's just start with the Holocaust, the Spanish Inquisition, and the genocide reported in the Bible...just as a starter.

Old 04-12-2008, 07:05 PM

Quote:
Let's just start with the Holocaust, the Spanish Inquisition, and the genocide reported in the Bible...just as a starter.
OK to counter,Jesus who gave his life for others,Mother Teresa and those that donated blood,time and risked their lives to save others after 9-11.

Old 04-12-2008, 07:07 PM

27,232 posts, read 46,689,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionking View Post
OK to counter,Jesus who gave his life for others,Mother Teresa and those that donated blood,time and risked their lives to save others after 9-11.
The evil outweighs the good.

According to Thomas Hobbes, life is nasty, brutish, and short.

Old 04-12-2008, 07:16 PM

Quote:
The evil outweighs the good.

According to Thomas Hobbes, life is nasty, brutish, and short.
I don't know who Thomas Hobbes is I'll look it up but according to me life can also be wonderful,a blessing and worthy for looking into the potential good in people.

I do not deny that that there is a potential for bad,but to look at the cup as half full not just half empty.

Old 04-12-2008, 07:20 PM

27,218 posts, read 46,791,599 times
It basicly is a non question since it is impossible.

Do I wish he was killed? Yes, I would have had a big family and the money that my family earned with their businesses would have stayed in our family and my mom would have been an orphan at the age of 7!!!

To me the issue is more" What can we do to prevent it from happening again?" It will happen again in a different way and IMO it is already starting in Europe!

Freedom of speech is vanishing in many European countries because people are scared. We have seen what happened when the economy goes down and people start to believe in "hope and change" which is nothing more like hot air and they talk about it like it is something life changing. People are open for crazy people like Hitler and other hate preaching persons like Obama's rev., this is just the beginning of the same thing just a little different , but when Hitler started he didn't tell he wanted the kews dead he started to preach hate and the rest came later........................

Old 04-13-2008, 09:58 AM

20,187 posts, read 23,877,477 times
Nah, I would not kill Hitler because a "super-Hitler" might arise and take over the world. At least in this reality we know this is not the case. To change it can have profound implications and uncertainty. You can trade one bad event for another really really bad event. It can't get much worse in this reality but to kill him in another reality can cause the end of mankind, something I rather not try to do.

Old 04-13-2008, 11:40 AM

7,138 posts, read 14,648,278 times
Why kill when you can torture?! Reopen Auschwitz, make him the sole "survivor" and have at it. Well, would make me feel better anyway....

Old 04-13-2008, 11:50 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,168,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilypad View Post
Why kill when you can torture?! Reopen Auschwitz, make him the sole "survivor" and have at it. Well, would make me feel better anyway....

Bush/Cheney would agree....but they like BOTH.

Old 04-13-2008, 12:01 PM

3,728 posts, read 4,873,964 times
Quote:
Vaccinations, flush toilets, soup kitchens, foreign aid when it's not stolen by dictators, and countless random acts of kindness which we can all come up with a few personal examples of.

Oh, and let's not forget that the vast majority of people are able to live their lives without committing genocide or other henious crimes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies