Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-09-2019, 07:20 PM

18,069 posts, read 18,822,893 times

Advertisements

If they do not like it, they can always go back to where they came from.

At that, they should be put into a detention center for processing and deportation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-09-2019, 07:26 PM

6,137 posts, read 3,865,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Immigration officials dropped off about 50 more undocumented migrants, mostly from Central America, Friday morning at a Greyhound bus station near Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport, where they were left to fend for themselves as overwhelmed volunteers sought help for them.

The group was the latest in a series of migrant drop-offs that began late last year and has been continuing on and off ever since. Local church volunteers have been working to accommodate them, but their resources have become increasingly strained.

https://www.azcentral.com/story/news...on/3106269002/

I guess they get dropped off to then go look for employment?
Hopefully, Immigration officials drop them off in Democratic congressional districts that have house members who are opposed to President Trump's common-sense immigration platform.

It's time for immigration officials to overwhelm heavily Democratic cities and let them deal with it.

I hope that ICE starts dropping them off out of the blue in Democratic districts and heavily Democratic cities across the West.

The middle of Phoenix is represented by Greg Stanton who was the Democratic mayor of Phoenix before going to congress and he was very opposed to President Trump's common-sense agenda.

Old 03-09-2019, 07:28 PM

6,835 posts, read 2,401,741 times
The correct term is "illegal alien" or "illegal immigrant" or perhaps even "unauthorized immigrant". P.C. language is lame!

Old 03-09-2019, 07:50 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,536,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopelesscause View Post
The illegals made the ADULT decision to cross illegally. There are consequences when you do illegal things- surprise! As far as the churches’ resources being strained, “who cares?”
You never heard of asylum, have you?

Old 03-09-2019, 08:14 PM

26,655 posts, read 28,691,193 times
If they have been interviewed and documented by ICE, then they are documented asylum seekers. That's different from just blatantly sneaking into the country, defying the law.

Somebody needs to build some sort of a massive campground for these people to live if they have to wait for months or years. I don't think we should build hotel like buildings--just places where they could be safe. I also don't think we should have to provide food and clothing but what are we supposed to do? This is a dilemma. Thousands keep coming and there's no place to put them while they wait for a decision. If there were manageable numbers, I would put them up in shelters but you can't do that for thousands.

Old 03-09-2019, 09:58 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,226,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna-501 View Post
You never heard of asylum, have you?
I have and I know 99.9% of these claims will be denied. And out they go.

Old 03-10-2019, 05:49 AM

4,445 posts, read 1,450,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
Small point -- these folks are not 'undocumented'. They are documented.

Undocumented is meant for those folks that sneak in and are never put in to the system. These 50 were put in the system by ICE.
That's not undocumented. It's illegal. Quit trying to use language to change a crime into an administrative state.

Old 03-10-2019, 06:02 AM

19,387 posts, read 6,505,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post
If they have been interviewed and documented by ICE, then they are documented asylum seekers. That's different from just blatantly sneaking into the country, defying the law.

Somebody needs to build some sort of a massive campground for these people to live if they have to wait for months or years. I don't think we should build hotel like buildings--just places where they could be safe. I also don't think we should have to provide food and clothing but what are we supposed to do? This is a dilemma. Thousands keep coming and there's no place to put them while they wait for a decision. If there were manageable numbers, I would put them up in shelters but you can't do that for thousands.
That's the problem. They are descending on our country in such massive numbers that we can't manage it - and they know it. That's what they organized into caravans, and why one of them said "there are so many of us that they can't stop is."

A second thing I'd like to see, in addition to an "asylum camp," is a big transfer fee on any money that non-citizens send out of the country. We have illegals working under the table and then sending money back home to bring in more of their illegal family members. We are paying to educate and feed their children, and the least they can do is help fund it via a transfer fee.

Old 03-10-2019, 06:11 AM

19,387 posts, read 6,505,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post

And about the camps: they should be simple, like budget motels, and each migrant adult should be assigned a job to help pay for his/her family's upkeep. Sort of like a kibbutz in Israel.

Jobs:

1) Cooks - prepare food
2) Dishwashers and kitchen cleaners
3) Housekeepers for common areas
4) Babysitters (daytime so parents can work their communal jobs)
5) Laundresses to run washers/dryers
6) Any skilled mechanics for their associated trades (fix plumbing, hvac units, etc.)

All migrants will be fitted with a GPS tracking advice in case they escape into the community.

Old 03-10-2019, 06:30 AM

9,457 posts, read 5,225,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
"An ICE spokesman on Friday referred all questions to Greyhound."

https://www.azcentral.com/story/news...on/3106269002/

Article said that volunteers were helping some make phone calls to friends and relatives to get help, and helping others find temporary lodging, meals, and so forth.

Why is ICE not helping with the phone calls? Seems like this would be valuable information to have on file if you are worried about people not showing back up for their hearings.

But in any case, why are they dropping all these people off at the Greyhound bus stations?
ICE isn't a social services agency! helping with phone calls...good grief.

If these folks passed the first hurdle in an asylum claim, then they have a 'legal' - albeit temporary - status here. A "pending asylum application." They will get work authorization so they can seek employment while their application is pending. This can take YEARS. Get 'em to the bus station and let them get to family or friends w/whom they can stay. They have to provide contact information and a mailing address so we can contact them about interviews, etc. It behooves those who are serious about the process to be truthful about their whereabouts.
All that said, this system is so sick and broken, - thanks to the United States worthless Congress. They should all be utterly ashamed of themselves. I'm over it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies