Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-05-2019, 02:03 PM

18,381 posts, read 19,023,642 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
So abortion should only be permissible in the 1.5% of cases where the woman is a victim?

The other 98.5% of all abortions are wrong, then, correct?
Quote:
I'm not backed into any corner. There is no corner. This is not a boxing match. I think your entire perception of this conversation is beyond skewed.

Murder? Is black and white. You're either dead or alive.

I never said once that's it's OK to abort a "rape baby," lovely term, btw.

YOU brought up rape and incest
YOU think it's OK to abort "rape baby"
YOU refuse to answer if the other 98.5% are OK to abort, since you are using the rape/incest barometer

Kinda, wow, in a really, really, weird way. Moving on from this conversation.
I read your first statement wrong. I thought it said you supported abortion in cases of rape and incest, as many pro-choice people do. That’s why I was asking the question why is one baby worth saving and the other one isn’t from the pro life perspective.

Everywoman has the right to control their own reproduction and view how they do so according to their own morals and values. The world is not black-and-white women can and do you think for themselves. They can make the choice if they want to abort or not. Abortion is a personal choice of which in case Of pregnancy there are two other choices. I support a woman’s choice no matter which she picks

Old 04-05-2019, 07:35 PM

2,068 posts, read 999,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YMO View Post
Maybe we should be sick of third of all the white men telling females what they can't do with their bodies. It reminds me when I was in the middle east, laws and customs pretty much making women second class citizens and the man controls everything.

I can't wait for the day when/if Roe gets reversed. Not only the GOP will take a beating in the elections, but they will lose plenty of women voters who aren't even religious in parts of the country where they need to swing for the GOP in those important congressional districts.

I'm not telling anyone "what to do with their bodies."

I'm simply pointing out the RESULTS of 45 years of legal abortion.

Like this one: 1 in 4 US deaths annually is an abortion. (Abortion statistics and counter | American Holocaust)

And this one: Since 1973, abortion has killed more (potential) Americans than have all of our wars.

I can't wait for the day when all of the women who have aborted need someone to care for them in their old age and there's no one around.

Old 04-05-2019, 07:57 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,641,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacInTx View Post
I'm not telling anyone "what to do with their bodies."

I'm simply pointing out the RESULTS of 45 years of legal abortion.

Like this one: 1 in 4 US deaths annually is an abortion. (Abortion statistics and counter | American Holocaust)

And this one: Since 1973, abortion has killed more (potential) Americans than have all of our wars.

I can't wait for the day when all of the women who have aborted need someone to care for them in their old age and there's no one around.
So you want a law passed requiring all pregnant women to give birth? Women who violate the law would be charged with murder and face up to life in prison, if found guilty? If so, this state lawmaker does what you want. He wants all regulations on abortion to come to an end.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qBBfIAO3gAM

Old 04-05-2019, 08:04 PM

41,959 posts, read 75,205,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacInTx View Post
That's pretty twisted. Although I guess being twisted is typical of people who want to control women's bodies.

Old 04-05-2019, 10:32 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,514,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Why don't you donate your money to provide life saving medical care (living on a ventilator is expensive) for those babies born with congenital defects incompatible with life?

Wouldn't that be more pro-life of you instead of sitting on your computer preaching?

Isn't that what Jesus would want you to do?
We give plenty to charities, do you?

Old 04-05-2019, 10:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
Nope. The MPAA agreed that a particular movie deserved an R rating. The MPAA isn't in the business of deciding whether or not abortion is anything.

Just movies and ratings.

This thread is a leap larger than the Grand Canyon.
The makers of the movie do agree. Society knows abortion is a horrible taking of a life. The movie industry just acknowledged that.

Old 04-05-2019, 10:40 PM

https://www.lifenews.com/2019/04/03/...gj9JogyoPhDUy4

Abortion Activists Falsely Claim “Unplanned” Movie is Racist, Ignore Black Actress’ Powerful Performance

Rewire took issue with the fact that the film portrayed many of the women of color who were seeking abortions as poor. It was an odd criticism, given that abortion activists themselves frequently champion their cause on behalf of low-income women of color who, they say, need better access to abortion.

The review went on, “Here, there is no chance for redemption if you’re Black or brown: You are either a glib ‘abortionist’ or a tragic victim.”

It also erroneously claimed that the film did not include any “nonwhite speaking characters” other than “overly enthusiastic Planned Parenthood staffers or abortion-seekers who are portrayed as too downtrodden or stupid to realize the ‘wrongness’ of their decision.”

But, as Secular Pro-Life first noticed, the review completely ignored a powerful performance by black actress Anisa Nyell Johnson.

“It’s not surprising that Rewire would dislike ‘Unplanned,’ but denigrating black actors’ contributions to the film is completely uncalled for. They owe an apology to the entire cast — especially to Anisa Nyell Johnson,”

Old 04-05-2019, 11:24 PM

https://theresurgent.com/2019/04/04/...GIws23sOexznRM

110,000 Lives Hang In the Balance As Abolition of Abortion in Texas Act Gets April 8th Hearing

Texas will make history on Monday as the Abolition of Abortion in Texas Act (TX HB896) is scheduled to become the first abortion abolition bill to be heard by a legislative committee since the Supreme Court opined that all 50 states should allow abortion in 1973

Old 04-06-2019, 08:34 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,945,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
That's pretty twisted. Although I guess being twisted is typical of people who want to control women's bodies.
Being anti-Abortion does not control women's bodies.

It simply means that murdering someone else just because you feel like it is wrong.

Women are free to do whatever they want with their own bodies, they just can't kill someone else. Simple.

Old 04-06-2019, 08:45 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,820,712 times
Quote:
So abortion should only be permissible in the 1.5% of cases where the woman is a victim?

The other 98.5% of all abortions are wrong, then, correct?
I am responding to your post #406 here which demonstrates your limited insight.

Your post:

Quote:
So don't have sex with a man who disrespects you.

Seriously, what is WRONG with women??? Why would you LET someone treat you that way? Have some respect for yourself, and kick him to the curb. Stop blaming men for a woman's lack of backbone.

Women hold all the cards. Play them.

No BC? No sex.
~newtovenice
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies